Zencondomiums And The Park - Issues With The Developer

thhMan

Will the buyers of the Zen condominium in Jomtien be warned of the all night, open air, karaoke bar that keeps this entire neighborhood awake.

Before you buy, drive by at 3AM to see if you can tolerate the noise.

Same same for the other developments nearby that are being pre sold.

The Maldives, Dusit Grand Park and Laguna.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will the buyers of the Zen condominium in Jomtien be warned of the all night, open air, karaoke bar that keeps this entire neighborhood awake.

Yes lesson one before you buy anything

be aware of the noise , it doesnt matter if its one of the most attractive condos in the area if you cant sleep at night because of the loud karaoke music , barking soidogs or construction work .

Yes lesson one before you buy anything

be aware of the noise , it doesnt matter if its one of the most attractive condos in the area if you cant sleep at night because of the loud karaoke music , barking soidogs or construction work .

Any proper built condo with double-pane windows should isolate from the outside noise once the windows are closed... of course it's seldom the case except if you buy a VT shell and fit it yourself

• 1 month later...

Hello

I buy one condominium in zen condominiums, but i see after the problem with the park.
The guys tell is not same compagny but i dont believe...
Now the construction not started because the compagny tell me "i dont have EIA permit"

I dont care now the compagny "zen lifestyle co ltd" with which I signed the contract to purchase my condo the last year are at present my enemies

If it there's people who bought into this residence thank you to contact me in private as I may be some information that you do not have and vice versa. But also to an eventual procedure in common

Stick with developers that have a long. Term track record..

Well no doubt these developers have a long term track record.............. a very bad one.

Suan Sawarn, The Park, Zen in the park. Can't wait for there next project

I rode past there and watched in amazement as they bulldozed the elaborate entrance fountain and stone walls, then cut down hundreds of trees and built a tin shack slum/construction worker housing on this property.

I rode past there and watched in amazement as they bulldozed the elaborate entrance fountain and stone walls, then cut down hundreds of trees and built a tin shack slum/construction worker housing on this property.

Yes i see just i want know now is same same picture in the internet site http://zencondominiums.com/index.php/gallery or not ?

It's possible you tell me the situation now

NB : i see this in february 2013

Where can I find the View Talay sales office ...

VT 3 5 and 7 office is outside VT2. VT8 office is in front of VT8. VT8 is the only one that has a large choice of decent units still for sale in farang name. VT7 has some farang-name units but to my mind they are either in unattractive positions (overlooked) or are a difficult shape to live in. YMMV

You should probably look at some re-sales before thinking about buying a shell and fitting it out yourself. It takes some practice to design it well and not be overcharged, I think. You can find re-sale shells also.

VT have some of the ugliest buildings I have ever seen. They look like the govt assisted housing units they give to the poor.

That's what they are here too; except, this being Thailand, kwai farang have to pay to live in them.

People who bought View talay 1 or View talay 2 condo few years ago can still make a nice profit when selling them now.

Construction was a lot better than the <deleted> that they propose now and location in a perfectly quiet area is still good.

I am not sure that people who buy new projects now will make any profit soon...

People who bought View talay 1 or View talay 2 condo few years ago can still make a nice profit when selling them now.

Construction was a lot better than the <deleted> that they propose now and location in a perfectly quiet area is still good.

Is that why so many for sale?

Actually I think you will find that the proportion of units for sale in VT1 and VT2 is much lower than that for sale in many other buildings. The total number for sale may be higher but that is because the buildings are so large, of course. And units that are for sale in those buildings tend not to hang around for years on end but are more likely to be sold in weeks or days.

And VT1 and VT2 have amongst the highest occupancy rates for rentals also.

Compare that will the untold thousands of units that are for (re-)sale in buildings that havent even been built yet. I'm glad I dont own any of those.

The reason many VT 1 and 2 are for sale is because they were built almost a decade ago at prices that now fetch a 100+% profit.

I don't think so many are for sale compared to all the <deleted> new building.

VT1 and VT2 maintenance is so cheap and so good that nobody cares selling them even if not rent to anyone.

You can be sure that these buildings will still be in good condition within 10 years, which I am not sure about the new Russia style buildings.

I would never buy one of these <deleted> new buildings but would buy VT1 or 2 if I wanted to secure some money.

Actually I think you will find that the proportion of units for sale in VT1 and VT2 is much lower than that for sale in many other buildings. The total number for sale may be higher but that is because the buildings are so large, of course. And units that are for sale in those buildings tend not to hang around for years on end but are more likely to be sold in weeks or days.

And VT1 and VT2 have amongst the highest occupancy rates for rentals also.

Compare that will the untold thousands of units that are for (re-)sale in buildings that havent even been built yet. I'm glad I dont own any of those.

So you believe buying a unit in a huge complex with thousands of units is a good investment? as oppose to buying in a smaller development?

The reason many VT 1 and 2 are for sale is because they were built almost a decade ago at prices that now fetch a 100+% profit.

Is that a fact or your opinion?

So you believe buying a unit in a huge complex with thousands of units is a good investment? as oppose to buying in a smaller development?

I dont think I would go so far as to say that a bigger building always makes for a better investment, but smaller buildings do tend to have higher costs all round so that is a factor to consider. Of course it all really depends on whether you are buying to live in or to rent out, and on your lifestyle.

That depends on how you calculate it.

I know people who paid 1.2M for new studio shells in VT buildings, and then spent anywhere from 100K to 500K fitting them out. Depending on how much they spent on the fitting they might be lucky to get more than their money back today in Baht terms. In fact anyone who was keen to sell quickly today would probably have to do so at less than the price it cost them to buy and fit-out. But if you take into account the value of the Baht against foreign currencies over that time then the calculations work out somewhat differently.

So whether you make a profit or not does depend greatly on what currency your funds were originally in and how desperate you are to sell. That would probably not be true in most places in Europe and the UK over the same period.

I dont think I would go so far as to say that a bigger building always makes for a better investment, but smaller buildings do tend to have higher costs all round so that is a factor to consider. Of course it all really depends on whether you are buying to live in or to rent out, and on your lifestyle.

Cost of maintenance usually depends on the amenities complex has.

Smaller complex may cost little more but easier to sell and rent, because less people selling and less people renting, while big complex, when you want sell, many others also selling, when you want to rent, many others also renting.

• 3 months later...

View Talay 1 has remained about the same price over the years - rents going up just a bit.
I bought about 7 years ago - not for investment.
With some 1,000 units - maintainance fees are so affordable. The pool is really nice.
Seems like a community unto itself - kinda. Geez - even here in Hawaii many condos
can be like - a bit boxy. I moved to Hawaii 30 years ago - into a boxy type condo.
I wanted to buy just to have a home base thing - if needed. Also a possible retirement
location ( rethinking this ).
If I had to pay property tax yearly and high maintainace fees - forget it. It's 200
bucks per year maintainace fee and prepaid property tax.
At the time I was thinking large developments like VT 1 would create a bit more of a
transparent market ( more buyers and sellers ) thereby making it a little easier to value.

I have had a condo in Yensabai for 18 years. Was happy with the property when I moved in and am still happy there today. Its quite inside the property, we have a nice pool and nice grounds with very large trees. Its a bit of a problem to get to the property from 2nd road with small sois and all the bars on these streets. Its better to access from 3rd road.

• 2 months later...

Hi Dears

I'm bob from London.

I bought one condo in building B (Zen Condominium) August 2012. but now I'm so regret !!

I paid them near 500K THB. I stopped transferring money from April 2013.

it's more than 8 months, there is no news, I really got tired of hearing "we couldn't get EIA permit yet!!!"

Do you have any new Updates !!?

May you give me some advices about cancelling agreement or selling the condo ?

Thank You

Latest news is that the IT/marketing team have been dismissed for incompetence (they where westerners) with Kim (last name with-held) being head of IT and missing the boat with advertising opportunities. Basically the IT/Marketing team failed to pay their it contractors and decided their marketing knowledge in shoe sales (-sic-) was enough to qualify them as marketing gurus on the Internet.

I have friends who have bought in both the Park and Zen who have further expressed their disgust and misdirection from the management. The Mercedes that was on a prize had been repossesed and work to existing sold condos had albeit stopped.

I would suggest all concerned to form a group and seek legal advice while there is still a chance!

quote "They do sell empty shells for buyers to finish as they wish, "

That's ominous, you will have "decoration",.otherwise known as rebuilding going on for years.with the ubiquitous hammer drill,

leading the chorus.

Do you think that new builds that are sold fully finished are built to such a high standard that they wont need to be completely renovated in a few years time? I dont.

All that laminate flooring and paper-thin-formica-on-chipboard counter tops, cupboards and wardrobes is the stuff of nightmares.

If it aint made out of granite or tile or solid wood it aint worth having.

quote "They do sell empty shells for buyers to finish as they wish, "

That's ominous, you will have "decoration",.otherwise known as rebuilding going on for years.with the ubiquitous hammer drill,

leading the chorus.

Do you think that new builds that are sold fully finished are built to such a high standard that they wont need to be completely renovated in a few years time? I dont.

All that laminate flooring and paper-thin-formica-on-chipboard counter tops, cupboards and wardrobes is the stuff of nightmares.

If it aint made out of granite or tile or solid wood it aint worth having.

No not at all, I reckon we are SOL with either option.

• 2 months later...

Raimon Land's record in Pattaya is not that great; whatever happened to The Lofts....?

same goes for Nova, anyone who thinks they got a good record in pattaya must be on their payroll whistling.gif

Very true.

I guess at the end of the day, they just sell what they can at the expense of morality.... which is what they must live with... Kind of a shame really as there is not much that can be done about it... or is there?

There was a movie a while back where an advertising dude just told the truth... cant remember the movie, but I sort of remember one of the advertising pitches... ... "Volvos are boxy but good".... I think it had Robin Williams in it....

movie: crazy people

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099316/

Archived