Thai Police To Discuss Slaying Of ' Seh Daeng'

webfact

Two things.

First: The real truth as to who killed him, more than likely, will never be known.

Second: Who gave the order to kill him, more than likely, will never be known.

Third: The shooter was a pro. Maybe active military, maybe a "free lancer", but with military training. I know what it takes to make a shot like that: Distance, Elevation, Angle, Wind, and even Humidity. All of these things have to be taken into account, and require extensive training.

"YOU do know that Seh Daeng's daughter works in the same party as Yingluk," Correction. His daughter was actually an active Yellow Shirt supporter before his death. There was a long article in BP about their relationship in regards to that. Seh Daeng had actually started his own political party, and after his death, his daughter cut her ties with the Yellow Shirts and took over that party, which then Supported the PTP.

• Like 2

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<snip>

"YOU do know that Seh Daeng's daughter works in the same party as Yingluk," Correction. His daughter was actually an active Yellow Shirt supporter before his death. There was a long article in BP about their relationship in regards to that. Seh Daeng had actually started his own political party, and after his death, his daughter cut her ties with the Yellow Shirts and took over that party, which then Supported the PTP.

Pheu Thai party list MP Kattiya Sawasdipol ...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/618905-amnesty-shouldnt-cover-my-fathers-assassin-seh-daengs-daughter-says/

even Brutus faced cesar while stabbing him in the face and genitals.

Really? You know this for sure do you? You were there at the time of the stabbing?

According to various history books, Servilius Casca initiated the attack and more than 60 Senators joined in, including Brutas, history also suggests that the second knife wound, which was to his chest, was the one that killed him... so god knows where you get the 'face and genitals' from.

Maybe Wildorchid was there. smile.png

I love it how these topics give all an opportunity to rehash or rewrite recent history for the umphteenth time. One of these day we may even hear the one and only real story :-)

<snip>

>Pheu Thai party list MP Kattiya Sawasdipol ...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/618905-amnesty-shouldnt-cover-my-fathers-assassin-seh-daengs-daughter-says/

In addition to that:

she was never a PAD supporter.

Q : People see you as a yellow-shirt supporter, the group that opposes the red shirts. Many believe you might have been against your father.

A : Many probably thought we were enemies. But going to the yellow-shirt protest site did not mean I was its supporter. I just wanted to get information from every side.

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__3687410

Further, she never actually took over her father's party

the Khattiyatham Party's current Party Leader, 2nd LT Surapat Chantima, has an arrest warrant on terrorism charges.

http://www.thaivisa....y/#entry3687603

Seh Daeng had a big mouth, that was his downfall, only one person had anything to lose by Seh Daeng shooting his mouth off, the same person who's pictured in snaps taken while he was visiting his friend in Dubai and which were proudly displayed on his Facebook page.

Edited by borisloosebrain
  • Like 2

I love it how these topics give all an opportunity to rehash or rewrite recent history for the umphteenth time. One of these day we may even hear the one and only real story :-)

Based on this thread, it would seem the reds are trying to rewrite ancient Roman history as well.

The thread title would also be appropriate for early 2010, about a week before Sah Daeng was shot. That'll be when the police discussed his "slaying". And who would be the one to do it.

Edited by metisdead
Off topic comments edited out of post.

IfA call was made from Dubai to someone in the Phua Thai, or one of the red shirt leaders, and the message was clear and simple... 'Shut Seh Daeng up by any means necessary.'

Seh Daeng was silenced. Who actually pulled the trigger is irrelevant, but it was Thaksin who gave the orders.

A great work, a modern Sherlock Holmes..Thaksin again...the bogeyman....i wonder when would someone blame Thaksin for the crucifixion of Christ ..

I respect your great belief in Mr. T. but I'm sorry to say that would never have been possible. Wrong timing. But I am sure he would have tried if he'd had the chance because he would obviously have been among the hawkers, fortune tellers and other crooks Christ chased out of the temple. Beeing chased with him would have been a crowd of yellow, red, black and all hues of colored T-shirts.

Old money, new money: why is it so important to choose which side to root for? The country many of us has chosen as our home no.1 or 2 is in deep trouble in so many ways while it is struggling to find it's bearings. Opportunists on both sides are wrecking havoc as they fight for power and riches. And all you can think of is running out into the streets (or to a TV thread) in a colored T-shirt of your choice (or you're wifes familys choice perhaps?), jump up and down and scream your head off? I am sure the more sober and balanced-headed citizens of Thailand appreciate this most valuable addition to the discussions necessary if the country is to move on in a more peaceful manner.

I am not Thai, but a frequent guest in the country. I also thank you for the way - in the most graceful manner - you and you're kind make all us farang look.

• Like 1

er

own out no facts and really

If you look at the activities of Seh Daeng during the weeks prior to his death, one thing stands out. Seh Daeng was mouthing off to the press about how Thaksin told him to do this, or Thaksin wanted that.

My bet is that Seh Daeng's mouthing off to the press was an embarassment to Thaksin and was also directly implicating Thaksin to the activities undertaken by Seh Daeng, the men in black and the red shirts.

A call was made from Dubai to someone in the Phua Thai, or one of the red shirt leaders, and the message was clear and simple... 'Shut Seh Daeng up by any means necessary.'

Seh Daeng was silenced. Who actually pulled the trigger is irrelevant, but it was Thaksin who gave the orders.

AND YOU WERE THERE TO HEAR THIS ODER GIVEN WERE YOU???

spoken a true thaksin basher,,, ALL hot air, little to no facts, next it'll be it was jimmy Hoffa who shot him on the grassy knowel now living in an aircraft hanger close too roswell, and really the red shirts were "democratically elected" get it though your skull, what the gutless party (yellow shirts) did was,

OOOHH OOOHH quick while his back is turned lets have a coup and take as much as we can before we are thrown out by the people

even Brutus faced cesar while stabbing him in the face and genitals.

YOU do know that Seh Daeng's daughter works in the same party as Yingluk, Thakscin's sister??? and that the PM was at She Daeng's wedding?,

Not really the kind of thing She Daeng daughter would do if your drivel were true huh?

It wasn't personal, it's just business.

I'm betting we get the identity of the Kok Wua Men in Black before we know who pulled the trigger on Seh Daeng. Let's look at who had motive to kill/shut him up. SD had attacked a prominent general's office with a launched grenade, was a rogue, active duty officer, and believed to be running his own private army. The Democrat-controlled government looked at him as a leading insurgent and violent leader of the demonstrations that were blocking downtown Bangkok and a direct representative of Dr. Thaksin. The Red-Shirt leadership was not happy when SD announced that his authority was greater than theirs, whose many interviews contradicted their message, and who seemed to be running a parallel insurgency. Who had the ability to kill SD? The Red-Shirt mob leaders were not military types and may not have controlled any of the Men in Black. Also, I cannot imagine what resource they could appeal to for this. The Government has no military experience nor the kind of loyalty to keep an assassination secret afterwards. They certainly had no allies within the Police. That leaves the Army. The Army has expertise, training, secrecy, and control of the area. Why? SD had publicly declared he would attack the army and then he did, he was not obeying any authority within the army, he caused the army to lose great face. Eventually the votes to take him out exceeded the votes to let him be. These are things that were in my thoughts at the time and nothing much has changed since then. I'm not saying it was good or bad, necessary or unnecessary; not my business or responsibility. I will say that none of the above players were very surprised or angry when he died.I would be interested in reading other angles/points of view. I surely don't claim to know who or why.

Let's not forget Thaksin was being connected closer and closer to the whole conspiracy daily by Sae Dangs interviews. And that would never do if Thaksin doesn't want to risk prosecution at some point.

Bottom line; if you hire profesional mercenary security on an ongoing basis, you have access to even more bad boys that money CAN buy, who are stone cold pros and slip away in the shadows without a trace. 1 degree of separation, and that one paid more than handsomely, besides the hitter getting rich too. Little doubt S.D was taken out by a pro, who had no qualms taking that one shot in broad daylight at long range and then quietly walking away.

But also let's also not forget almost EVERY Thai male has some army connections, at least at low levels. And many at higher levels. There is a lifetime interlocking web of allegiances and friendships within civilian, political and army life. In this case the list of suspects is staggeringly long, but the likely one to be 'assigned blamed' will be a purely political calculation.

You make a good point. Although Seh Daeng and Gen. Chavalit were Dr. Thaksin's main go-to guys for military manpower, there is no reason to believe that a smart man like Dr. Thaksin wouldn't have other channels at his disposal. Sort of the way Jack Ruby was there to take out Lee Harvey Oswald after LHO killed the POTUS JFK. It ties up all the loose ends. Still, no group was too upset that he was killed. He is not a martyr of the Red Shirt cause and only a small group held a memorial service last week. Edited by rametindallas

The man liked to talk. He'd also been on the payroll of some rather "serious people" (read non Thai) for a number of years. People who have a history of getting rid of you once you've served your purpose. Pretty good shot no, if taken from a high floor of the Dusit? Fading light, target encircled by reporters etc. I'm sure the camera lights would have helped a tad....

This Ehrlich report is from 2 days before the assassination.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL1005/S00086.htm

Edited by exona

The man liked to talk. He'd also been on the payroll of some rather "serious people" (read non Thai) for a number of years. People who have a history of getting rid of you once you've served your purpose. Pretty good shot no, if taken from a high floor of the Dusit? Fading light, target encircled by reporters etc. I'm sure the camera lights would have helped a tad....

This Ehrlich report is from 2 days before the assassination.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL1005/S00086.htm

Isn't it just mental? how the Red Shirts idolize a man who boasted about how many communists he killed?