I Noticed A Guy Staring At My Old Honda 2 Stroke.

Jimi007

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes two stroke engines produce more power, but they also produce a hell of a lot more noise and air pollution. Good ridance to your bike. Everytime I see and hear one of these noisy smelly machines I want to run into it. That would be amusing.

I'm left wondering which form of behaviour mentioned in your motto - "Good people do not need laws to tell them how to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." that you consider yourself adhering to when you express desires to run into a form of motorcycle (and rider?) that you don't care for?

Consider the question rhetorical by the way. coffee1.gif

Edited by Gsxrnz

Yes two stroke engines produce more power, but they also produce a hell of a lot more noise and air pollution. Good ridance to your bike. Everytime I see and hear one of these noisy smelly machines I want to run into it. That would be amusing.

I'm left wondering which form of behaviour mentioned in your motto - "Good people do not need laws to tell them how to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." that you consider yourself adhering to when you express desires to run into a form of motorcycle (and rider?) that you don't care for?

Rhetorical or not ...

My signature says that good people don't need laws, so even while there is a law (not to run you over) I still repress the urge. Not sure how you're trying to juxtapose the two statements. If I was a bad person I would steal a vehicle and then drive around running over all the two cycle motorcyles. Well let's face it, I would run over ALL the motorcycles, they are cockroaches. rolleyes.gif

Edited by vijer
  • Like 1

Rhetorical or not ...

My signature says that good people don't need laws, so even while there is a law (not to run you over) I still repress the urge. Not sure how you're trying to juxtapose the two statements. If I was a bad person I would steal a vehicle and then drive around running over all the two cycle motorcyles. Well let's face it, I would run over ALL the motorcycles, they are cockroaches. rolleyes.gif

Thank goodness! For a moment there I thought I was being singled out as an owner of a 2-stroke motorcycle, but I see you have moved towards more of a shotgun effect and now include all motorcycles.

I feel relieved as my odds of survival have increased dramatically given the ratio of 2-stroke to 4-stroke motorcycles! However, I'm now curious about your view on cockroaches. crying.gif

Rhetorical or not ...

Brilliant! We should all drive cars and trucks here in Phuket. That would really help the traffic situation. Yes, I have a truck as well as bikes. Rarely drive my truck. Only for shopping trips or rain...

I'm always having strange people stare at my Honda's, too, though they are 4-strokes.

Good innit?

Probably admiring the colour of your shorts, or style of flip flops........

More likely because the bikes are old and tarted-up rather than the same thing being said about myself...........

"I love those 2 stroke bikes... so much POWER! specially at the 3rd gear."

The 'power' doesn't relate to the gear, but to the torque band, and that's a narrow rpm band in a 2 stroke, unlike a 4 stroke, which has a wide torque band, so much smoother acceleration.

I think 2 strokes should be outlawed because of the visual and noise pollution they cause, spewing smoke, and a horrible rattly sound.

A bit like the Corsair then, thought you would like it..rolleyes.gif

The 'power' doesn't relate to the gear, but to the torque band, and that's a narrow rpm band in a 2 stroke, unlike a 4 stroke, which has a wide torque band, so much smoother acceleration.

I think 2 strokes should be outlawed because of the visual and noise pollution they cause, spewing smoke, and a horrible rattly sound.

Don't know what you mean about the visual pollution, but I'm with you on the noise and smell, plus they seem to attract the eejit loonies, who are a hazard on the roads.

• Like 1

Don't know what you mean about the visual pollution, but I'm with you on the noise and smell, plus they seem to attract the eejit loonies, who are a hazard on the roads.

LOL! I don't smell anything! Oh that's right, the exhaust goes out my tail pipe...

No big deal, if you old enough, same me, you grew up with 2 stroke engines everywhere, Mopeds - small 50 cc motorcycles, some Big Bikes,

Suzuki had even a 750 cc what I can remember, even lawnmowers and of course, the smelly East German Trabant 2 stroke cars!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_GT750

250px-Suzuki_GT750_Front.jpg

But times have changed, special Honda pushed the 4 strokes, when I was a youngster, 50 cc 4 stroke Honda SS50, against the 2 stroke's,

the Honda was special than, had a nice different sound, special, same the OP's bike starts to be now! tongue.png

(but the small Honda, came to early, had no chance in the power game!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_SS50

220px-Honda_SS50.JPG

I happy with the four strokes, also in the Motorbike GP races the 125 cc 2-stroke class, was just recently sacked and 250 cc 4-stroke introduced.

This year also the KTM Rookies Cup parked the last 2-strokes in the Garages! wink.png

Edited by ALFREDO

My first motorbike ever was a 1975 Yamaha RD250 which was a 2-stroke. Very, very quick. Back in those days, you just hung a learner sign on it and off you went......no lessons necessary.

The 2-stroke 750 mentioned above was a Kawasaki H3 750. It killed a lot of people. Now a collectors item.

My first motorbike ever was a 1975 Yamaha RD250 which was a 2-stroke. Very, very quick. Back in those days, you just hung a learner sign on it and off you went......no lessons necessary.

The 2-stroke 750 mentioned above was a Kawasaki H3 750. It killed a lot of people. Now a collectors item.

The 2-stroke 750 mentioned above was not a Kawasaki H3 750

The 2-stroke 750 mentioned above was [as is] posted Suzuki Gt 750......http://en.wikipedia....ki/Suzuki_GT750 [also known as the 'water bottle, or kettle'' because of water cooling

The bike you comment on is Kawasaki H2 MachIV 750[also known as "widowmaker"].as you say..a lot of people killed and maimed on them.

.I bought the first twin disc model Suz GT 750 about 1976 IIRC after selling my 1974 Kawa machIV after one to many close calls...but the Suzuki didn't exactly handle well either...sad.png

• Like 1

I'm a smoker fan to the core. My first bike was a '74 Suzuki GT 550 triple, a ram-air cooled little (and much lighter) brother the the big liquid cooled 750 buffalo. There was also a ram-air GT 380. They were more a 'standard' bike like the original RDs (vs the killer Kawi H1 500 triple), but I stripped my 550 as light as I could, slapped on a 'bullet' and clip-ons and had a blast!

Rhetorical or not ...

Thank goodness! For a moment there I thought I was being singled out as an owner of a 2-stroke motorcycle, but I see you have moved towards more of a shotgun effect and now include all motorcycles.

I feel relieved as my odds of survival have increased dramatically given the ratio of 2-stroke to 4-stroke motorcycles! However, I'm now curious about your view on cockroaches. crying.gif

No your odds haven't improved, I would still target you before a 4 cycle bike. Yes, sad to have to lower my opinion of cockroaches to the level of 2 stroke motorcycle owners but they rank there at the bottom.

Rhetorical or not ...

Brilliant! We should all drive cars and trucks here in Phuket. That would really help the traffic situation. Yes, I have a truck as well as bikes. Rarely drive my truck. Only for shopping trips or rain...

Actually it probably would. In my experience the motorcycles hamper movement of all vehicles. They all of a sudden zip in between cars as you start to make a lane change, doesn't matter that your turn signal is on. The all rush up to the cross walk to wait for the light to change and then proceed to drive slowly away when the light changes. They drive part way in the lane even when there is no other vehicle in front of them. They drive single file even when 2-3 could drive along side each other. They drive slower than the cars until they want to maneuver around you then they don't care about their own safety. They make turns inside of you preventing you from turning until they have moved. They drive against traffic. They cut across several lanes. They drive on sidewalks.

And the worst of the motorcycle riders are the foreigners who generally are F_ing old slugs that drive really slow because they are on a milk run and don't care how long it takes them to get there.

Should I keep going or have you figured out that you are a nuisance a cockroach.

Edited by vijer

I've only seen one other like it in many years here. I guess everyone else crashed theirs.

I'm not a bike person but my wife's Honda Dream Excess is at least ten years old and in immaculate condition and MIL's Yamaha Mate is around twenty-five years old and, again, in fine fettle. I've seen one or two Excess' of the same model and absolutely knackered. Never seen another of MIL's Yamaha Mate model, ever.

My wife's happy to tell me the engines for both Excess and Mate were made in Japan, not Thailand, darling.

They really do look after their bikes

The 2-stroke 750 mentioned above was [as is] posted Suzuki Gt 750......http://en.wikipedia....ki/Suzuki_GT750 [also known as the 'water bottle, or kettle'' because of water cooling

The bike you comment on is Kawasaki H2 MachIV 750[also known as "widowmaker"].as you say..a lot of people killed and maimed on them.

.I bought the first twin disc model Suz GT 750 about 1976 IIRC after selling my 1974 Kawa machIV after one to many close calls...but the Suzuki didn't exactly handle well either...sad.png

I owned a TZR250 back in the UK when they first came out,so nice to switch the engine on and hear those powervalves spinning to clear themselves!My brother had a mint condition RD400 also which was just awesome for power wheelies,you could switch the ignition on with a penny,they weren't big on security back in those days!

The Kawaasaki 2-stroke triples that you are talking about are the KH750 and it's little brothers,I owned a Suzuki GT250 X-7 as well,also great for power wheelies,you've got to love the strokers!

Edited by Eesat

I owned a TZR250 back in the UK when they first came out,so nice to switch the engine on and hear those powervalves spinning to clear themselves!My brother had a mint condition RD400 also which was just awesome for power wheelies,you could switch the ignition on with a penny,they weren't big on security back in those days!

The Kawaasaki 2-stroke triples that you are talking about are the KH750 and it's little brothers,I owned a Suzuki GT250 X-7 as well,also great for power wheelies,you've got to love the strokers!

Sorry, but you are wrong..... There was no such beast as a KH750..The KH prefix came in, only after the H2 MachIV 750 ceased production in '75-76 smile.png

Sorry, but you are wrong..... There was no such beast as a KH750..The KH prefix came in, only after the H2 MachIV 750 ceased production in '75-76 smile.png

Is that why ebay is full of spare parts for KH750's then?rolleyes.gif

I have friends in the UK who are directors of motorbike dealerships who would certainly tell you different! :

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/kawasaki-kh750

a 1972 KH750 for sale in Motor Cycle News?whistling.gif

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikes-for-sale/searchresults/detail/Kawasaki/KH750/1972/_/R-NXGN-3060119

^^

Eesat;

http://www.motorcycl.../R-NXGN-3060119

I dont really care either way, but they are as wrong as you are..you canwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif as much as you like..accept it and move on..coffee1.gif

FACT:There was no such beast as a KH750..The KH prefix came in, only after the H2 MachIV 750 ceased production in '75-76

Multiple examples proving you're talking utter nonsense,accept it and move on why don't you?coffee1.gif

I think MCN know just a little bit more about motorbikes than you,don't you?rolleyes.gif

Edited by Eesat

^^

Eesat;

I dont really care either way, but they are as wrong as you are..you canwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif as much as you like..accept it and move on..coffee1.gif

FACT:There was no such beast as a KH750..The KH prefix came in, only after the H2 MachIV 750 ceased production in '75-76

Multiple examples proving you're talking utter nonsense,accept it and move on why don't you?coffee1.gif

I think MCN know just a little bit more about motorbikes than you,don't you?rolleyes.gif

For crying out loud mate....they are only adverts placed by a few people who ,like you have got it totally wrong....

Any kawasaki H2 knowledgable posters who know the facts..please post to show this guy that he's wrong[or not]wai2.gif

EDIT;

Seeing as you now resort to telling me i'm talking utter nonsense i figured i'll go find the truth to confirm as i posted to put this to rest, tho' with your attitude i figure you still wont accept it..w00t.gif

From H2 forum site;

In 1976..the year after the 750 was dis- continued

• H2 dropped from line, models renamed "KH" to match the "KZ" line of four strokes.
  • KH-250 250 cc.
  • KH-400 400 cc.
  • KH-500 500 cc.

[Note;No KH-750cc]

From Kawa website:""then in 1976 things changed big style.

Kawasaki decided to re-designate their entire model range with new prefixes.

All two stroke road bikes were now called KH models (Kawasaki highway)

[Remember H2 ceased production in 1975]

Kawasaki triple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_triple‎
The Kawasaki triples were a range of 250 cc to 750 cc motorcycles Kawasaki exported from 1969 to 1980 ... The H2 ceased production in 1975, and the model line became the KH series in 1976 ....

coffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

Edited by andreandre

Interesting , Eesat..I pointed out that you were wrong to which you said this...''.Multiple examples proving you're talking utter nonsense,accept it and move on why don't you?''

I give you proof that you were indeed wrong and i was not "talking utter nonsense' and you are not man enough to even acknowledge the fact and/or appologise for your incorrect statement.

Not a big issue really but says a lot about you as a person...bah.gif

^^

Eesat;

I'm afraid Eesat, Mr AA is 100% correct on the years and models, there was never a KH750, they where a fantastic 3 barrel machine for there time, but no 750cc, so it looks like Mr AA has the last cheesy.gif, and you have been beatdeadhorse.gif , come on Eesat say sorry.gif to Mr AA, don't be a passifier.gif , but i still 402.gif

^^

Eesat;

I'm afraid Eesat, Mr AA is 100% correct on the years and models, there was never a KH750, they where a fantastic 3 barrel machine for there time, but no 750cc, so it looks like Mr AA has the last cheesy.gif, and you have been beatdeadhorse.gif , come on Eesat say sorry.gif to Mr AA, don't be a passifier.gif , but i still 402.gif

You said it all..Bpop..

Edited by andreandre