Reform Plan: Alongkorn Attacks Fellow Democrats

webfact

REFORM PLAN
Alongkorn attacks fellow Democrats

The Nation

30206248-01_big.jpg

Claims party members trying to discredit him over his proposal

BANGKOK: -- Democrat Party deputy leader Alongkorn Polabutr yesterday slammed his party colleagues for accusing him of lacking ideology and principle, and for saying he had proposed a reform blueprint that allegedly follows in the Pheu Thai Party's footsteps of "intoxicating people with populist policies".

Alongkorn tweeted on his personal Twitter account @alongkornpb, "Newspapers report that a senior Democrat claimed that Chuan Leekpai was very angry that my reform plan contradicts the party's ideology because the plan focuses on populist policies. The party source has distorted my reform plan submitted to the party's executive board meeting on Monday.

"The accusation that my reform is in violation of the party's principle since it focuses on populist policies, copying the Pheu Thai Party, is a move to discredit me. I have been disciplined by not giving press interviews after the meeting, but I was attacked. Falsely citing Chuan, whom I hold in high regard, with the intent of lying is not gentlemanly. You can hurt me but do not hurt the 'reform'.

"I have proven my unwavering allegiance to the party over the past 22 years. I chaired the party anti-corruption panel during the Thaksin regime, risking my life - is this a lack of ideology? Chuan is a model of anti-corruption and I have fought against vote-buying and corruption and populism.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-05-16

"Abhisit assigned me to implement a bureaucratic reform because of an inefficient bureaucratic system. I reduced the time to start business in Thailand from four days to 60 minutes. I made the difficult task of bureaucratic reform a success mission, enabling the Department of Business Development to win the country's first place.

"I started a pilot project, training 1,200 officials to have vision and ideology. Why am I accused of not having ideology and principles? I was attacked because I have disseminated a reform plan entitled 'The party reform blueprint and 21 years of election defeat' in a straightforward manner since I do not want the blueprint to be distorted."

The Democrat Party on Tuesday deferred a press conference on the party's decision on whether to accept Alongkorn's reform plan after he failed to turn up.

The party executive board meeting decided on Monday that further discussion is needed before a decision can be reached in regard to the reform proposal put forward by Alongkorn.

Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva gave an interview to the Blue Sky Channel, saying the party on Monday decided that more work needed to be done within one month before the party came to a decision on reform.

First, the party wants to restructure the party executive board, and reform party management and the roles and responsibilities of all members. "The ultimate objective of a reform is a victory of the party's ideologies. We must move forward to uphold our ideologies, win the election and work for the country,'' Abhisit said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-05-16

Democrat policy is probably similar to the PTP policy-

Make a few police, army, well connected and party members extremely rich through corruption, neoptism etc only the PTP cleverly decided to throw some crumbs to the masses, whilst the Democrats do not even bother doing that.

An article in the other paper describes how Abhisit wants the PTP to see out their full term, but expects a snap election towards the end of the year, which he admits the Democrats would lose.

Edit: He also 'vowed' not to resort to populist policies to win over voters.

Edited by whybother

Glad to here about there differences with in the party it means they are thinking along different lines just haven't come to agree what there own policy should be defiantly a step forward.

As for Abhist statement that the PTP would call a snap election that the Democrats would not win. Sounds about right to me. That would give Yingluck a way to step down and let her sister in.

Good to see a vigorous debate, what you don't want is money handouts, to get onside with the people, introduce rebates, that method can be controlled, on producing a receipt, that can be verified, the rice farmer , truck , bus, taxi company what ever can get rebates for fuel, gas, power , something that will take a little of the burden off their day to day operations, after a cross check , this process may take 1 or 2 months, you get a refund , applicants to be means tested for income requirements, no multi nationals, certainly no cash or subsidies, as we know this is open to abuse. That's my input.coffee1.gif

Glad to here about there differences with in the party it means they are thinking along different lines just haven't come to agree what there own policy should be defiantly a step forward.

As for Abhist statement that the PTP would call a snap election that the Democrats would not win. Sounds about right to me. That would give Yingluck a way to step down and let her sister in.

Or her brother back.

Democrat policy is probably similar to the PTP policy-

Make a few police, army, well connected and party members extremely rich through corruption, neoptism etc only the PTP cleverly decided to throw some crumbs to the masses, whilst the Democrats do not even bother doing that.

You are absolutely correct the Democrats don't throw crumbs they put together REAL long term policies for the betterment of the WHOLE of Thailand. Example: free education up to M3 (M3 certificate is minimum for most jobs) up from P6. Also they gave a uniform allowance to help relieve that burden (since scrapped by PTT to help pay for useless tablets)

Go figure :)

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

• Like 1

Democrat Party to undergo major revamp.
By English News

13686864837970-640x390x2.jpg

BANGKOK, May 16 - The Democrat Party, Thailand's oldest political party, is heading towards a major reform for more efficiency and readiness for a possible general election later this year, party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva said today.

The former prime minister said an ad hoc committee has been assigned to propose a revised party structure to the Democrat's general assembly in 30 days.

He said party executives predicted a general election this year and Democrats must be well-prepared for future political manoeuvring.

"The party must be reformed towards a systematic and efficient management. The door should be open for a new generation of different professions, "he pointed out.

He stressed that the reform would be an internal issue among Democrats to avoid misunderstandings among the public which misinterpreted it as a conflict in the party.

Deputy party leader Alongkorn Polabutr earlier posted a statement concerning the party's restructuring on Twitter, sparking speculation of conflicts among Democrat members.

Mr Abhisit said Democrats will be more careful in addressing to the public on the party's internal issue. (MCOT online news).

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-05-16

By English News

13686864837970-640x390x2.jpg

BANGKOK, May 16 - The Democrat Party, Thailand's oldest political party, is heading towards a major reform for more efficiency and readiness for a possible general election later this year, party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva said today.

The former prime minister said an ad hoc committee has been assigned to propose a revised party structure to the Democrat's general assembly in 30 days.

He said party executives predicted a general election this year and Democrats must be well-prepared for future political manoeuvring.

"The party must be reformed towards a systematic and efficient management. The door should be open for a new generation of different professions, "he pointed out.

He stressed that the reform would be an internal issue among Democrats to avoid misunderstandings among the public which misinterpreted it as a conflict in the party.

Deputy party leader Alongkorn Polabutr earlier posted a statement concerning the party's restructuring on Twitter, sparking speculation of conflicts among Democrat members.

Mr Abhisit said Democrats will be more careful in addressing to the public on the party's internal issue. (MCOT online news).

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2013-05-16

Party or Policy Reform?

Here they are talking about increasing efficiency within the party? What the hell does that mean? It's not a business.

By English News 

Posted Image

Posted Image

-- TNA 2013-05-16

Party or Policy Reform?

Here they are talking about increasing efficiency within the party?  What the hell does that mean?  It's not a business.

Off course it is a business. That's something they are learning from Thaksin. Keep your customers happy. What the Democrats are desperate to change is their own PR / Customer awareness. Shinawatra corporation aka Phua Thai are excellent at that. But they have no substantial policies for the betterment of Thailand. Sound bites and noise.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6