Age Difference In Relationships In Thailand

WilliamCave

I started reading this last night coundn't wait to finish it.SOME background( ihave been visiting LOS a few times.I am retiring there Jan,Feb. ) NOW i am 62 be 63 in Jan 14. The girl i met is spectacular she is funny down to earth and just as genuine as the day is long Her family is poor rice farmers,she loves farming,chickens,cooking and helping others. When we are together we are laughing and have the best time.SHE may not be HI SO in some eyes but for me she is a million bucks. I will ride this "relationship" for as long as it lasts .IF all i end up with is a couple months that will be more happiness than i had in my other two marriages ( yes i am divorced twice so i am damaged goods) But for some strange reason when i am with her all my short commings don't seem to matter. Now as far as the age difference yes it is a factor but no more than the large difference between cultures .I am glad and proud to be with what some call "a girl no thai would want" she was married and had a child and is poor she don't have a degree (but she is smart) she has dark skin and probably more Lao than thai(don't know) NOW BEFORE I TELL ALL YOU sharks how young she is I really don't give a **** what you think of me.I quit living my life for what others think a while ago:) But i just couldn't resist adding my two cents(you know us yanks) smile.png SHE will be 23 when i am 63 smile.png I LOVE IT. now sorta what i said above i am not concerned about what tommorow brings today is the only day i have. I have survived cancer two exwives the loss of one son,my parents two sisters and i imagine before it is over i will out live my other siblings and my youngest son and my other exwife . But my GF and possible wife will still be putting a smile on my face even if she has already left me well there is more on my mind but that is the gist JRV

Enjoy; and don't listen to all the hard headed and almost inhuman dork's that hover over these pages just waiting for caring people to pick on. You've said it yourself already; you quit living your life for others years ago so just keep it that way and 'up' the lot of them.

• Like 1

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, well it's great that everyone's rooting for the PUP (Plucky Underdog Pensioner) taking advantage of the poor farmer's daughter.

Hey, I am too but it doesn't alter the odds of him being left kerbside at some not-too-distant point along the road especially as he's no doubt compensating his lady for the feat of enduring nights of passion with an elderly man.

Still, at least he ain't buying houses and cars

Yeah, well it's great that everyone's rooting for the PUP (Plucky Underdog Pensioner) taking advantage of the poor farmer's daughter.

Hey, I am too but it doesn't alter the odds of him being left kerbside at some not-too-distant point along the road especially as he's no doubt compensating his lady for the feat of enduring nights of passion with an elderly man.

-

Seems that some only see the P2P world as "exploiter" and "exploited", can go either way as to who's the "victim" and who's the "predator", no way there can just be a fair and honest exchange of value eh?

-

Seems that some only see the P2P world as "exploiter" and "exploited", can go either way as to who's the "victim" and who's the "predator", no way there can just be a fair and honest exchange of value eh?

That's right since I'm sure the old man doesn't feel exploited when he's getting his rocks off for a grand.

The girl on the other hand . . .

Yep, I'm sure Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood, Rod Stewart will look at a bunch of old losers on ThaiVisa, drop their girlfriends immediately, and go after the grandmothers instead.

I know a guy who is in his late 70’s, he has a very young wife, she's still in her teens, he treats her like a princess and she seems happy enough, of course, there is more to it than that, but the old bitter and twisted men of ThaiVisa would never understand, they are just jealous, same as I am.

Lets see, he's happy, you're not, not much more to say.

I think it's the young bitter and twisted who never understand. Who wants a lesson in morals from today's kids?

How old are you, 234 ?

I fully understand the others posts, Banzai99, but I honestly don't understand your's.

Where did 234 come from?

• Like 1

Well, this goes along with the *Mia Farang* ladies I guess!

There are actually 2 types of ladies in thailand. There are those issued from a poor family, who have been told all their life to get married with a farang to build a big house for the entire family, and those from rich families who doesn't really care about farangs.

The poor Thai ladies have been raised the same way. They have been told, since they are young, to go with a foreigner. This guy not only have white skin, he also have a lot of money in his pocket. They've been said money is love. This means that this man needs to build a house for the entire family, a car, give money to everybody who needs it until he run out of money. Once they runs out of money, they runs out of love as well so the Thai lady dispose of him, get what's left of the money and go back to the usual farang paradise (Pattaya, Bangkok, Phuket) to get another one. These girls, that Thai calls Mia Farang, doesn't care about the age of the person, they DO care about the size of his pockets.

The Rich Thai lady has been raised all her life being said to get the rich man, Thai or farang. These families doesn't live in Pattaya or Phuket. These girls DO care about the age of the man they are going to get and they DO care about what he looks like. They knows that if they get the rich farang 20 years old over her age, people are going to look at her like a Mia Farang, an insult for most of the Thai ladies. These girls might be quite challenging to get as they have a totally different point of view than the poor Thai girls and they know they can get the rich Thai man who is, let's be honnest, A WAY richer than us.

that is the 2 styles of Thai girls. Here is my personnal opinion:

It is totally impossible to make it work between a foreigner and a Thai lady if the age difference is over 10 years. The fact is that she doesn't know what is love. In reality, the only thing she loves is your wallet. If you are lucky enough to get a Thai lady from a rich family, educated and with a good job, fine. She loves you for the right things and you may have a wonderful life with her.

Its not about Age, its about bank balance.

That has nothing to do with age OR country. coffee1.gif

Look around at the living fossils, men and women, in any Country in the World, Men and Women walking around with partners young enough to be there grand children, and tell me its about Love.

Its not about Age, its about bank balance.

That has nothing to do with age OR country. coffee1.gif

Look around at the living fossils, men and women, in any Country in the World, Men and Women walking around with partners young enough to be there grand children, and tell me its about Love.

My ex UK wife was 17 years my junior, together I think 25 years, 24 glorious. Still the love of my life. smile.png

• Like 2

Thongkorn, on 21 May 2013 - 16:24, said:

-

Whether it is or not, who can say, who's got the right to comment anyway, and who cares?

-

-

Angeledge777, on 21 May 2013 - 16:20, said:

There are actually 2 types of ladies in thailand.

----

It is totally impossible to make it work between a foreigner and a Thai lady if the age difference is over 10 years.

-

That's right, 30+ million of these female human beings, and every one falls neatly into only those two categories.

And of the hundreds of thousands of relationships you describe not a one has "worked" whatever that might mean to you personally.

Errm. . .

Overgeneralize much?

Don't get married, don't buy any property..simple..

The problem is in Thailand now that there are so so many older guys with younger women, that a reality check is needed..this is a business nothing more nothing less..if you saw just the odd one or two couples ok..but it's almost the norm here..no point kidding yourself its anything else..and the majority of younger women are bg who appear to want houses and the pension..

Don't see many Thai on Thai ..with huge age difference..other than a Mia Noi..who is discrete..again more a practical business solution..

Just don't bitch when it goes belly up..the odds are it will, it's not just age, it's culture, farangs not understanding the society or country, increased demands over time, farangs invest too much in these relationships..being old makes you more vulnerable..being isolated makes you more vulnerable, not speaking the language makes you more vulnerable..everything just makes these older guys more dependent on these younger girls..that's the deal..plus a lot seem mentally unstable..parodies of soaps..end up in Nakhon nowhere..it's a country they know absolutely nothing about..

Throw in mines different and I understand better than the thousands who came before me..

Surely it's better for the young girl to have a 70 year old..less time to wait..

There are actually 2 types of ladies in thailand. There are those issued from a poor family, who have been told all their life to get married with a farang to build a big house for the entire family, and those from rich families who doesn't really care about farangs.

The poor Thai ladies have been raised the same way. They have been told, since they are young, to go with a foreigner. This guy not only have white skin, he also have a lot of money in his pocket. They've been said money is love. This means that this man needs to build a house for the entire family, a car, give money to everybody who needs it until he run out of money. Once they runs out of money, they runs out of love as well so the Thai lady dispose of him, get what's left of the money and go back to the usual farang paradise (Pattaya, Bangkok, Phuket) to get another one. These girls, that Thai calls Mia Farang, doesn't care about the age of the person, they DO care about the size of his pockets.

The Rich Thai lady has been raised all her life being said to get the rich man, Thai or farang. These families doesn't live in Pattaya or Phuket. These girls DO care about the age of the man they are going to get and they DO care about what he looks like. They knows that if they get the rich farang 20 years old over her age, people are going to look at her like a Mia Farang, an insult for most of the Thai ladies. These girls might be quite challenging to get as they have a totally different point of view than the poor Thai girls and they know they can get the rich Thai man who is, let's be honnest, A WAY richer than us.

It is totally impossible to make it work between a foreigner and a Thai lady if the age difference is over 10 years. The fact is that she doesn't know what is love. In reality, the only thing she loves is your wallet. If you are lucky enough to get a Thai lady from a rich family, educated and with a good job, fine. She loves you for the right things and you may have a wonderful life with her.

There is no middle class in Thailand and all 30+ million Thai women are covered by this. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

There are actually 2 types of ladies in thailand. There are those issued from a poor family, who have been told all their life to get married with a farang to build a big house for the entire family...

The poor Thai ladies have been raised the same way. They have been told, since they are young, to go with a foreigner. This guy not only have white skin, he also have a lot of money in his pocket. They've been said money is love...

...that is the 2 styles of Thai girls.

...It is totally impossible to make it work between a foreigner and a Thai lady if the age difference is over 10 years. The fact is that she doesn't know what is love. In reality, the only thing she loves is your wallet...

Wow. I've seen the occasional example of breathtaking idiocy on this forum but this one ranks right up with the some of the very worst.

And I actually think I'm being kind in this post...

Want the truth or a lie? I don't really care about your taught on my post, I am not the one getting screwed in here.

There is no middle class in Thailand and all 30+ million Thai women are covered by this. coffee1.gif

There are different types of girls, the same in our countries. However, the change is quite drastic here depending on if they are from a rich or poor family, educated or not.

Buriram, where most of the mia farang lives, is also one of the poorest region of Thailand. Over there, every single girls have been told, since they are kids, to go with the farang because he have a lot of money. The result, the villages are full of big houses paid by the foreigners.

The good girl don't really care about your nationality. She love her family, she is educated, have a good job with a good salary. Most of all, she knows she can get the best man, educated and rich whatever his origin is. She DO care about what she looks like and to be with an old foreigner is NOT looking good at the eyes of this class of people.

If the girl come to you at godspeed, ask yourself some questions. Why isn't she with another Thai already? How can she fall in love with you so quickly? How can she speak English so well after receiving such a low level education (Thailand is the last country in the ASEAN for English Teaching) why has she moved to Bangkok, Pattaya or Phuket to be... A seller!

There are actually 2 types of ladies in thailand. There are those issued from a poor family, who have been told all their life to get married with a farang to build a big house for the entire family...

The poor Thai ladies have been raised the same way. They have been told, since they are young, to go with a foreigner. This guy not only have white skin, he also have a lot of money in his pocket. They've been said money is love...

...that is the 2 styles of Thai girls.

...It is totally impossible to make it work between a foreigner and a Thai lady if the age difference is over 10 years. The fact is that she doesn't know what is love. In reality, the only thing she loves is your wallet...

Wow. I've seen the occasional example of breathtaking idiocy on this forum but this one ranks right up with the some of the very worst.

And I actually think I'm being kind in this post...

Want the truth or a lie? I don't really care about your taught on my post, I am not the one getting screwed in here.

I think you have. coffee1.gif BUT yes, many do. coffee1.gif

Don't see many Thai on Thai ..with huge age difference..other than a Mia Noi..who is discrete..again more a practical business solution..

I see quite a lot of Thai marriages with a 20-30 year age difference.

-

Me too.

However I think it's likely that those close-minded people here will simply label these "prostitution" or "gold-digging" just as much as those involving foreigners.

As I've said many times, I don't think there's anything wrong with taking financial issues strongly into account when choosing a mate, and believe that Thais do this more so than in the West.

Within that context I think it's quite possible that the larger the age gap the more likely that that factor is weighted more heavily.

Which does not IMO preclude the possibility of *true* love developing - in fact I think a practical basis for the beginning stage will more often lead to a lasting long-term relationship than those that start out based on infatuation brain chemicals.

As long as both parties are honest and sincere - that to me is the key, next to which the importance of age difference factor pales in comparison.

In other words I have no problem with a girl staying with me for money, as long as she's not trying to pretend otherwise.

And men that take advantage of girls by pretending to really like them, to be interested in a long-term relationship when all they want is a short-time playmate are just as despicable a scammer as the classic lying bargirl.

• Like 2

There are different types of girls, the same in our countries. However, the change is quite drastic here depending on if they are from a rich or poor family, educated or not.

Buriram, where most of the mia farang lives, is also one of the poorest region of Thailand. Over there, every single girls have been told, since they are kids, to go with the farang because he have a lot of money. The result, the villages are full of big houses paid by the foreigners.

The good girl don't really care about your nationality. She love her family, she is educated, have a good job with a good salary. Most of all, she knows she can get the best man, educated and rich whatever his origin is. She DO care about what she looks like and to be with an old foreigner is NOT looking good at the eyes of this class of people.

If the girl come to you at godspeed, ask yourself some questions. Why isn't she with another Thai already? How can she fall in love with you so quickly? How can she speak English so well after receiving such a low level education (Thailand is the last country in the ASEAN for English Teaching) why has she moved to Bangkok, Pattaya or Phuket to be... A seller!

I would suspect the most mia farang are in Bangkok and maybe Pattaya.

Your points are valid but not for all 30 + million Thai women.

• Like 1

Angeledge777, on 21 May 2013 - 17:30, said:

-

Look I'm sure you mean well, but if you read just a tiny fraction of one week's worth of posts here you'd realize that you're preaching to the converted.

There is indeed a grain of truth in what you say, but the way you say it makes your statements ridiculous, obviously false.

Sure lots of mia farang come from Buriram, but I don't think it's the top province, where did you get that idea? Maybe the fact that girls from a particular province tend to cluster together in a particular farang-hunting ground? In my experience Surin, Udon, Khorat, Khon Kaen, Ubon are all pretty well represented, but even with around 20000 data points in my survey I don't claim to have a clear idea. . .

And "every single girl" in that province has been taught to seek farang husbands? Every one, really? Even the ones that are from wealthy families? Or do you believe there are no wealthy families in the whole province?

And we all know if we're old and easily obtain a poor young English-speaking girl that she is motivated primarily by money. And most of us take proper precautions to ensure we get good value for our money, and realize that the relationship will only last as long as it's meant to, and are perfectly happy with all of that.

So maybe try to come up with something original to say, but if you can't at least try to make the same-old same-old preaching accurate with some qualifiers like "most" or "many" or "some", which allow for the fact that Thais like all people have an infinite variety differences between each unique individual, they don't all just slot into your pigeonholes.

Edited by PalMan
  • Like 2

I see quite a lot of Thai marriages with a 20-30 year age difference.

-

Me too.

However I think it's likely that those close-minded people here will simply label these "prostitution" or "gold-digging" just as much as those involving foreigners.

As I've said many times, I don't think there's anything wrong with taking financial issues strongly into account when choosing a mate, and believe that Thais do this more so than in the West.

Within that context I think it's quite possible that the larger the age gap the more likely that that factor is weighted more heavily.

Which does not IMO preclude the possibility of *true* love developing - in fact I think a practical basis for the beginning stage will more often lead to a lasting long-term relationship than those that start out based on infatuation brain chemicals.

As long as both parties are honest and sincere - that to me is the key, next to which the importance of age difference factor pales in comparison.

In other words I have no problem with a girl staying with me for money, as long as she's not trying to pretend otherwise.

And men that take advantage of girls by pretending to really like them, to be interested in a long-term relationship when all they want is a short-time playmate are just as despicable a scammer as the classic lying bargirl.

Well, forgive me if I ignore "wisdom" dispensed by those who've lost in the "love" stakes and prefer to pretend they've had some sort of epiphany where it finally dawned on them that the best route to bliss in a relationship lies in the ability and willingness to financially compensate a woman from a lower socio-economic background. Yes, perhaps when you've got one foot in the grave, it's pretty much the only way you're gonna get younger tail especially if you've got no "game" and I have no problem with that as long as - as you say - both parties are straight with each other.

Let's ignore the tendency for many of these women to be somewhat economical with the truth for a moment, eh?

Frankly, there are countless millions of couples in the world who, even after many years together, continue to swear blind that love is the glue that held their relationships together despite challenges financial or otherwise.

It's no surprise that older men living in this country will extol the virtues of dishing out readies in order to secure the attention and affection of a younger woman but be aware of the fact that there are millions of older men who haven't rocked up here looking for young, cheap tail who would essentially call you losers.

It's not just younger guys.

It's no surprise that older men living in this country will extol the virtues of dishing out readies in order to secure the attention and affection of a younger woman but be aware of the fact that there are millions of older men who haven't rocked up here looking for young, cheap tail who would essentially call you losers.

And you aren't an old loser because?

(45, no relationship, no family, no children according to your previous posts)

Oh, I openly admit to being an old loser as I'm the same but 10 years older.

(I really hope you aren't going to argue that 45 isn't old?)

I'm not getting at you HS, I just really want to understand how you can judge yourself a winner and the rest of us losers?

As far as I can you really aren't different to those you rant against.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

i didnt atack you i just asked why you was here, now you have said,

but you did say, 25% chance she could harm him, and 40% chance she could go of sex,

now if im reading this wrong, im man enough to say sorry,

jake

40% of women sometime between 50 and 65 stop having sex forever.

The numbers (20%) for sexless marriages below age 50 are fairly scary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexless_marriage

All women

Studies in Britain, Europe and America, involving thousands of women of all ages, indicate that anything between

30 and 50  per cent of women have been hit by prolonged periods of little or no sex drive.

Older women

And then there's the menopause. In an ongoing international study of 8,000 post-menopausal women, two out of

five ( that's 40%) British women said 'the change' had wrecked their sex lives because tissue dries up and sex becomes uncomfortable.

25% of all marriages end in acrimonious divorce.

If you can find stats that differ from mine, I will be happy to use them.

I believe you backed up your post well. Leave the others to conjecture and etc.

Let's ignore the tendency for many of these women to be somewhat economical with the truth for a moment, eh?

millions of older men who haven't rocked up here looking for young, cheap tail who would essentially call you losers.

-

I've been called much worse, and by people that actually know me, so in this case not a problem

And regarding honesty, you should hear the Thais' opinion of younger guys who think the sun shines out of their butt lying through their teeth trying to get it for free.

To me a much lower form of pond-scum than girls doing the same, at least they're on the presumed-victim side of the poverty equation, not lying just to get their wick wet.

To me that's the bottom line, selling your body, paying for sex, age differences, whatever no problem, but when the lies start that's a real moral issue not any of the rest of it.

The old guys in my experience are the most honest group out of the lot, and once a TG has made the cut with me and knows where she stands I've found they very very rarely lie.

Edited by PalMan
  • Like 1

And you aren't an old loser because?

(45, no relationship, no family, no children according to your previous posts)

Oh, I openly admit to being an old loser as I'm the same but 10 years older.

(I really hope you aren't going to argue that 45 isn't old?)

I'm not getting at you HS, I just really want to understand how you can judge yourself a winner and the rest of us losers?

As far as I can you really aren't different to those you rant against.

laugh.png

Absolutely not.

I've made lifestyle choices that I am very happy with as far as wives and kids are concerned, thanks.

I am completely different to those I refer to here. Sure, I'm 45 but I take good care of myself and look considerably younger than I am.

I'm not in the position where I'd even think about financially compensating a younger woman to consort with me. The very thought of that makes me cringe. Not, you understand because I give a monkey's what others think but because I'd care what I think.

You may have seen the couple of images of my "main squeeze" I've posted in the past. She's a highly attractive 37 year old, I don't pay her a stipend, I haven't bought her a house or a car but we still enjoy each other's company immensely. When - not if - the relationship crashes, I've got more than enough game to replace her but it'll be a cold day in hell when I hook up with any woman under 30.

Why?

Because I don't see what I'd have in common with a woman that young unlike the fools in this thread deluding themselves. Sure, there's nothing wrong with delusions but for crying out loud, don't dress it up as something it ain't.

Angeledge777, on 21 May 2013 - 17:30, said:

-

Look I'm sure you mean well, but if you read just a tiny fraction of one week's worth of posts here you'd realize that you're preaching to the converted.

There is indeed a grain of truth in what you say, but the way you say it makes your statements ridiculous, obviously false.

Sure lots of mia farang come from Buriram, but I don't think it's the top province, where did you get that idea? Maybe the fact that girls from a particular province tend to cluster together in a particular farang-hunting ground? In my experience Surin, Udon, Khorat, Khon Kaen, Ubon are all pretty well represented, but even with around 20000 data points in my survey I don't claim to have a clear idea. . .

And "every single girl" in that province has been taught to seek farang husbands? Every one, really? Even the ones that are from wealthy families? Or do you believe there are no wealthy families in the whole province?

And we all know if we're old and easily obtain a poor young English-speaking girl that she is motivated primarily by money. And most of us take proper precautions to ensure we get good value for our money, and realize that the relationship will only last as long as it's meant to, and are perfectly happy with all of that.

So maybe try to come up with something original to say, but if you can't at least try to make the same-old same-old preaching accurate with some qualifiers like "most" or "many" or "some", which allow for the fact that Thais like all people have an infinite variety differences between each unique individual, they don't all just slot into your pigeonholes.

I think it's quite funny that you say how ridiculous are my statements but you recycle most of the things I said, change the words and post them once more. I actually believe than on this matter, you may be right and I may be wrong but at the end, we will never know who was right so keep it polite, comment and enjoy the discussion.

I do use the words many, some and so on as it is impossible to get the real number and I always keep in mind that everybody are NOT the same. That said, I used Buriram as an exemple as it is obvious that it is what's happening. How can there be 30 foreigners living in a 300 citizen village in their "palace" surrounded by rice fields?

I could have add Udon, Korat and Khon Kaen as well, however, the reality is more obvious in Buriram than the rest.

Read carefully, because I am not saying that everybody are the same. I am saying that everybody is unique, there is no 30M + same girls in Thailand. However, I clearly say that there is a difference in the way they have been raised depending on the wealth of the family and that it may plays in your favor or not.