Things That Grate On You In Pattaya....

blackman

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people who wear their baseball caps back to front

i guarantee the world would be a better place if we machined gunned all those who do this

This is simply outrageous!

Mr blackman, you need to be educated about baseball caps. Please observe the educational video clip I made for you, hopefully you'll learn proper baseball cap etiquette!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeKfJGxyUTE

• Like 2

people who wear wife beaters because they go to the gym and want the rest of the world to know it

When I wear a tank top because it's comfortable and suitable for the climate insecure males might be thinking it's to show off. A skinny guy can wear one, but a muscled guy is showing off - I'm aware of this problem,...but nonetheless, It's my Pattaya uniform.biggrin.png

whatever reason wife beater wearers give to justify the wearing of them, they still grate on me especially when folks try to sanitize them by calling them tank tops

also people who use emoticons on forums

(nothing personal, i said it ages ago on this very thread)

source: urban dictionary

In some places, such as Australia, the term wife beater is used more specifically to refer only to a tank top type vest that is white.

This definition probably comes from the fact that most underwear singlets are white, and the stereotype of a wife beater is a man who sits around in his underwear drinking and watching television.

This is absolute nonsense. The term "wife beater" is an idiotic name used only in the USA. Never heard of it in Australia. It's either a tank top or a singlet.

"Wife Beater" is obviously a moronic term used only by morons.

I pretty much only wear tank tops here and don't need any reason to justify wearing them to fools who have insecurity issues.biggrin.png

so tropo

you say : "wife beater" is an idiotic name used only in the USA

then you say: "Wife Beater" is obviously a moronic term used only by morons.''

i think that pretty much proves your own point

especially as you say: ''I pretty much only wear tank tops here and don't need any reason to justify wearing them to fools who have insecurity issues''

when you already did spend time justifying it when you said ''When I wear a tank top because it's comfortable and suitable for the climate insecure males might be thinking it's to show off.

A skinny guy can wear one, but a muscled guy is showing off - I'm aware of this problem,...but nonetheless, It's my Pattaya uniform''

i guarantee the world would be a better place if we machined gunned all those who do this

Mr blackman, you need to be educated about baseball caps. Please observe the educational video clip I made for you, hopefully you'll learn proper baseball cap etiquette!

people who wear huge sunglasses

I didnt know the name, neither wife beater nor tank top, had to google it. Anyway bought a whole bunch a month ago since i was overheating at tonys gym, they really are notably cooler than regular t-shirts

i expect they are, when used where they belong

in the gym

• Like 1

i think this video presentation proves my point

people who wear wife beaters because they go to the gym and want the rest of the world to know it

When I wear a tank top because it's comfortable and suitable for the climate insecure males might be thinking it's to show off. A skinny guy can wear one, but a muscled guy is showing off - I'm aware of this problem,...but nonetheless, It's my Pattaya uniform.biggrin.png

It's a singlet <deleted>. It is NOT and NEVER will be a fashion item. I know, I know.... it's an Aussie thing.

However, "Pattaya Uniform" is an appropriate term for inappropriate clothing. One of the few places where wearing underwear on the outside is 'cool'.#

Don't get me started on (my) insecurity....

• Like 1

whatever reason wife beater wearers give to justify the wearing of them, they still grate on me especially when folks try to sanitize them by calling them tank tops

In some places, such as Australia, the term wife beater is used more specifically to refer only to a tank top type vest that is white.

This definition probably comes from the fact that most underwear singlets are white, and the stereotype of a wife beater is a man who sits around in his underwear drinking and watching television.

This is absolute nonsense. The term "wife beater" is an idiotic name used only in the USA. Never heard of it in Australia. It's either a tank top or a singlet.

I pretty much only wear tank tops here and don't need any reason to justify wearing them to fools who have insecurity issues.biggrin.png

In Australia , singlets, tank tops or " wife beaters" are sometimes called "Jacky Howes " especially the navy blue ones that labourers wore before high visibility shirts became common. Jacky Howe was a shearer and legend has it he made the blue singlet popular because it allowed unrestricted movement to the arms and yet protected the chest and stomach from burrs and other things the sheep may have in their wool and these became the shearers uniform and a part of Australian lore . The old Chesty Bond siglets were Jacky Howes .They are not commonly known as "Wife beaters in Oz .

chesty_bond_62650.jpgchesty-4.jpg

In Australia , singlets, tank tops or " wife beaters" are sometimes called "Jacky Howes " especially the navy blue ones that labourers wore before high visibility shirts became common. Jacky Howe was a shearer and legend has it he made the blue singlet popular because it allowed unrestricted movement to the arms and yet protected the chest and stomach from burrs and other things the sheep may have in their wool and these became the shearers uniform and a part of Australian lore . The old Chesty Bond siglets were Jacky Howes .They are not commonly known as "Wife beaters in Oz .

chesty_bond_62650.jpgchesty-4.jpg

Ah yes.... Jackie Howe's and Stubbies.... replete with RM's and the Akubra 'cockies' hat. Aussie outback haute couture gone mainstream.

this video presentation OBLITERATED your point!

Now you just wait, citizen blackman, until I get around to make a tank top (NOT wife beater) video presentation in order to educate you about the art of wearing a tank top (not wife beater) lucky for you, this may take some time snce i have no shoulders and look laughable in a tank top. But i will do it, just to school you, mr blackman!

What really grated me in Pattaya is people who during floods of Oct/Nov 2011, when there was catastrophic shortage of sugarless soft drinks for several months, knew places where to score Pepsi Max or Coke Zero, but wouldn't reveal their sources. That grated me so so much! One should always share their coke supplier, but no, not here in Pattaya!

this video presentation OBLITERATED your point!

Now you just wait, citizen blackman, until I get around to make a tank top (NOT wife beater) video presentation in order to educate you about the art of wearing a tank top (not wife beater) lucky for you, this may take some time snce i have no shoulders and look laughable in a tank top. But i will do it, just to school you, mr blackman!

What really grated me in Pattaya is people who during floods of Oct/Nov 2011, when there was catastrophic shortage of sugarless soft drinks for several months, knew places where to score Pepsi Max or Coke Zero, but wouldn't reveal their sources. That grated me so so much! One should always share their coke supplier, but no, not here in Pattaya!

i can see why you have poor taste in clothes and accessories now but will be riveted to the monitor awaiting to see more of your attempts to convince me that, huge sunglasses, backward hat wearing and wife beaters are ''cool''

especially as you think you are so ''cool'' when doing so

should be interesting (yawn)

coke light and pepsi max are just brown carbonated water

you should be grateful that no-one showed you were there was any

the manufacturers ought to be sued for making it and passing it off as a coke derivative

blackman, i was just having fun, i dont think huge shades, wife beaters and amateurish yt clips are cool. i thought they are fun. i was wrong. and yes i do understand caps bacwards look stupid, i wasnt being serious at all.

people w no sense of humor grate me in Pattaya.

Edited by valgehiir
  • Like 1

blackman, i was just having fun, i dont think huge shades, wife beaters and amateurish yt clips are cool. i thought they are fun. i was wrong. and yes i do understand caps bacwards look stupid, i wasnt being serious at all.

people w no sense of humor grate me in Pattaya.

you da coolest, man

It's a singlet <deleted>. It is NOT and NEVER will be a fashion item. I know, I know.... it's an Aussie thing.

Tank tops are not singlets. Singlets are not fashion items as they are usually white and worn as undergarments, but tank tops can be fashion items depending on how they are worn. There's also a myriad of different styles.

The difference is that to wear a tank top as a fashion item you need a good physique. There's no way around it. It's the same with many types of female fashion items. Obviously a female can't wear a short top if she has a fat gut..... or short shorts with flabby legs.....etc etc.

<deleted>, you need to learn a thing or two about fashion.

This cheerful post is from Awaholitsiktoli. Things that grate me about Pattaya: Crime and associated violence; worst of the worst people from Western countries and parts of Thailand migrating here (but some are good); horrible traffic (at least during the high season); alcoholics and mentally ill people all over the place; people abusers; filthy beaches; no American style Chinese food; no American style smoked BBQ, no decent spagetti and meatballs, overpriced pizza, horrible Mexican food, no Greek style gyro; people pollution (just too many people in a confined area); over-development (insane); mafias running many venues; corruption left and right; overabundance of cheats, liars and mind-gamers; boom-trucks all over playing very loud music; and too many signs in Russian.

Yes, the traffic is still horrible ( just back from Fun City ). Hardly any tourists and it's still nose to tail on Second. Usual story though- 500% too many baht buses.

What was really annoying me though, was that a certain well known fast food chain in Pattaya is charging far more than the same restaurants in Bkk. In the On Nut mall, they were charging 124 for a meal, and the Royal Garden restaurant was charging 157 for the same item. A well known pizza chain in Pattaya ( near RG mall ) doesn't offer any discounts at all, while in Bkk they have a lunch special at 99 baht.

Obviously a case of rip the tourists off, as I doubt they'd try it if the customers were mainly Thai sad.png .

not only in Bangkok

prices vary between chains in different locations in pattaya

a chain that's associated with milk products and royal personages charges more in busier/more fashionable locations in the city

why?

because they can

Those shops charge more in certain locations because their prices are based on their overheads e.g rent of the place.

That's why Mc D on sukhumvit is cheaper than at their location in Royal garden.

Thanks all for the explanations. I stand educated. Caveat emptor rules, I think.

Not just Pattaya, but people that carry around those large mobiles, or small computers, whatever they are- I think they are called tablets- to use as a camera. Anyone else think they look stupid?

Can you remember the cell phones some people used to carry around in the 80's? Not many people, because they were very expensive, but they were huge.

It's interesting that cell phones are getting bigger again. In the 90's and early 2000's it was all about being as small as possible.

so tropo

you say : "wife beater" is an idiotic name used only in the USA

then you say: "Wife Beater" is obviously a moronic term used only by morons.''

i think that pretty much proves your own point

especially as you say: ''I pretty much only wear tank tops here and don't need any reason to justify wearing them to fools who have insecurity issues''

when you already did spend time justifying it when you said ''When I wear a tank top because it's comfortable and suitable for the climate insecure males might be thinking it's to show off.

A skinny guy can wear one, but a muscled guy is showing off - I'm aware of this problem,...but nonetheless, It's my Pattaya uniform''

The purpose of that post was to point out that the term "wife beater" is not used in Australia for tank tops or singlets.

I've already made more than enough hints of what I think of you, so we'll leave it at that.

Errr yes it is Troppo, very common in Queensland.

• Like 1

I wear sunglasses indoors, in bars and whilst shopping etc.

I wear glasses, my sunglasses are prescription so I wear them during the day. I don't want to bring my 'normal' glasses with me as well so if I don't wear my prescription sunnies whilst shopping I'd end up buying a bag of catfood instead of washing powder.

And just think of how ugly my choice of girl would be if I didn't have my sunnies on. :)

Errr yes it is Troppo, very common in Queensland.

Errrr....I'm from Queensland mate.

The word is common to describe guys who beat their wives, but not as a name for a tank top.

Edited by tropo

White, dirty underwear that rednecks in Alabama, Mississippi and other surrounding states wear outside their trailers is referred as 'wife beaters'

EDIT, TV users who dont know what 'wife beater' as a a garment means , grate me to no end. And ye i mean u, blackman, my clueless fellow TV user, not only clueless but mean and heartless. , And theres no excuse for being mean for no reason at all.

To stay on topic i edited my post. THAT is how much i care!

Wife beaters are a cool addition to our sleepy town.. but u need shoulders to pull it off walking in tank top. I no have and im a bit bitter aboutitrt. it is very very difficult to develop shoulder muscles. That grates me in pattaya btw.

Edited by valgehiir
  • Like 1