Snake Identification!

Flying Clog

Hello All,

Was wondering if someone could help ID this snake that appeared on our dining table last night!

Our location is in Laguna, backing onto a lake.

The snake was very green, about 1 metre in length, and quite adept at climbing onto and off of the ratan table.

Had a look at http://www.siam-info.com/english/snakes_common.html , which seems to be very informative, and I'm guessing either a whip snake or a pit viper...

I post mainly as if it's one of these two, they're pretty much on opposite ends of the trouble-maker/ouch scale!

(sorry about the grainy pics)

post-163245-0-70352400-1369287130_thumb.

post-163245-0-37415300-1369287156_thumb.

I'd go with Golden tree snake too, although bit hard to be accurate with the pics provided.

Wouldn't handle any snakes unless you are 110% sure of what they are but most will move on with a bit of gentle encouragement.

Lucky you to have 1 to dinner though :)

One more snake identification. This little fellow was on my kitchen floor when I got home yesterday.

I did not find it on the snake pictures.

It's likely an baby, about 25-30 cm long. Used chopsticks to catch it and released back to the nature today.

post-58566-0-50317600-1369643977_thumb.j

post-58566-0-01409700-1369643981_thumb.j

post-58566-0-98354800-1369643985_thumb.j

mate, the only good snake is a dead one unless you are 100% sure it is not venomous, in Austrlai the only snake we killed on the farm were browns, real nasty buggers, red belly blacks ate baby browns so they were given a life and carpet snakes made great rat catchers. Just a bugger when they ate the chook eggs or the chooks......

I got confirmation from the owners of snake website

"The snake, you have photographed is a common wolf snake. Scientific name Lycodon capucinus. It is harmless. From behaviour it is same like the laotian wolf snake, Lycodon laoensis. About Lycodo laoensis you find informations at Siam Info."

• 1 month later...