Can I Extend A Visa O Based On Marriage?

paulsh

Hello,

I have a VISA-O and I got a permit of stay of 3-months at the airport, can I extend my permit of stay for 2 more months based on my marriage?

Thanks!

Edit: I know that standard TOURIST VISAS can have a 2-months extension based on marriage, but is this extension also available for a VISA-O with a permit of stay of 3 months?

Basically my question is: I am in Thailand for almost 3 months already and the end of my permit of stay is near, so I want to know if I need to leave Thailand now or if I can extend this permit of stay for 2 more months.

The reason why I can't apply for the 1-years extension (based on marriage) is because I don't have all the required documents. However I will have those documents within a month or two, so if I extend now for 2 more months, will I be able to apply within this period for a 1-year extension, even though I'd had a 2-months extension first?

Thanks again for the help!

Edited by paulsh

I think if you receive a 2 month extension of which is possible on a non -o when married, the problem you will have is it is not an extension of your non -o but is a new visa.

Therefore you would be unable to extend a for a further year as you need to be on a non-o to do so.

I think if you receive a 2 month extension of which is possible on a non -o when married, the problem you will have is it is not an extension of your non -o but is a new visa.

Therefore you would be unable to extend a for a further year as you need to be on a non-o to do so.

really?!!

In this case I heard that a visa can be converted to a Non-O in Bangkok without leaving thailand, would all this be possible?

Thanks a lot for the information!

I don't think a Non-o can be issued without you leaving the country.

Ie by going to one of the bordering countries.

Your best option would have been to have obtained a multiple entry Non-O when you first went to get the visa.

Which automatically gives you a year, and plenty of time to sort out a Marriage visa.

I don't think a Non-o can be issued without you leaving the country.

Ie by going to one of the bordering countries.

Your best option would have been to have obtained a multiple entry Non-O when you first went to get the visa.

Which automatically gives you a year, and plenty of time to sort out a Marriage visa.

are you serious right now?? woo if only I knew that when I got this Non-O visa then I would have paid the difference to get a multi instead of a single-entry!

I've been told at the Chon-Buri Immigration in Jomtien that I could change a tourist visa to a Non-O visa in Bangkok. Now I already have a Non-O visa which is valid for 1 year, however my permit of stay is only valid for 3 months.

Regarding the education visa, I am already married so better use this advantage I think!

Thanks for your help MrZM. I'd be very grateful if I could get a confirmation by someone how's sure.

Get your two months then you can apply for a one year extension upto thirty days befor the two months expire. Dont forget 400k needs to be in your account for two months

Thanks for your reply! got my answer here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/642196-can-i-extend-a-visa-o-based-on-marriage/?p=6441918

what do you mean by "up to 30 days before the 2 months expire", you mean I could apply 1 week or 1 day before the end? or I must absolutely apply 1 month (or more) before the end?

Thanks!