Libel?

americana

I suppose most of the regular know the sad little site for retarded Thailand forum addicts run by that degenerate builder from Jomtien.

Recently it has come to my knowledge that posters have been making outrageous claims about Thaivisa that surely border on libel.

Is anyone aware of what can be done legally in this kind of situation where the lies are spead on the internet? Particularly in Thailand.

Does anyone really care?

Most Forums have disclaimers such as ThaiVisa's below:

Considering the real-time nature of this bulletin board, it is not feasible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we can not actively monitor the contents of, and are not responsible for, any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of thaivisa.com or any entity associated with thaivisa.com.

However, at ThaiVisa we also say in the following paragraph:

Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by e-mail. We do have the ability to remove objectionable messages and will make every effort to do so if we determine that removal is necessary.

We encourage people to use the Report function, to keep this place on a steady keel and of positive benefit to the many members and guests that read the Forum.

:o

I suppose most of the regular know the sad little site for retarded Thailand forum addicts run by that degenerate builder from Jomtien.

Recently it has come to my knowledge that posters have been making outrageous claims about Thaivisa that surely border on libel.

Is anyone aware of what can be done legally in this kind of situation where the lies are spead on the internet? Particularly in Thailand.

I could always invite over my good pal in the UK who is one of the world's leading authorities on Internet libel. but he still has issues with Thailand that would make the Jomtien lad's issue with this forum pale in comparison.

Let's not do this here. We shoulnd't be discussing other forums here, and if people on other forums discuss this one then that's really of no concern to us. Also in the original post you weren't exactly friendly to whoever it is that alledgedly runs that other forum you don't even mention.

So a big shrug of the shoulders on this issue, imho. Will close this topic now.