Where I Can Buy Soft And Good Mattress?

Sandman77

hello!

Can someone tell me some good brand of mattress , and where I can find them in Thailand?

I have 100 kg, visit around 3 shops but all mattress I try out in the shop was to hard for me!

My wife bought one 3 month ago brand name 4 season that is hard like a stone

And have a feather system inside , that got pain in the muscles with in a couple of minutes , in the meantime I bought a lot of big strong soft pillows that have same size the bed, no better. But after visiting many shops all to hard for me!

On the net I read people under 80 kg have no problem with, this maybe the reason why thai people can sleep on the floor without anything

In other words for me, during travel when I rent 10 different rooms in 10 different locations only 2 hotels I can say

Have a good matters, where I can sleep quite without turning around every 5 minutes!

In the meantime my family send me ai

Airbed with integrated pump coasts only 30€, it's now okay on the back, but on stomage I also cannot sleep, when turn around it makes noisy and my wife also cannot sleep in the night..

On tv, and this is my main question now of the topic there was a report , about high quality mattress and some Hollywood stars that bought them!

Most important to know is , what brand names are the crem Della creme?

But I think in Thailand is impossible to find what I looking for, the next what I will import is a micro phaser blanket to win the fight against the ants and other

Microorganism that always byte me

Most of hotels in Thailand not take care about hygienic !

For me I can only use a hard mattress, and looking to save money have found the dense foam style used by massage shops perfect, have four, and the oldest is twelve years old now and still perfectly fine, just need to purchase a new cotton pad for over the vinyl against sweating every couple of years.

I used to buy western-style brand mattresses and found all but the very expensive - much more so than back home - top-end brands to be terrible. I'm a heavy guy and my bed's used for a lot of horizontal aerobics not just sleeping.

Robinson and Central would be the minimum, probably much better to go to places like Emporium and Paragon.

Do NOT even consider the small mom-and-pops or places like Makro.

Contact the 2 hotels you've stayed at where the bed has been to your satisfaction and ask them what the name of the bed is....

If a large chain e.g Westin (Starwood), Sofitel (Accor) or Four Seasons - you will be able to purchase the bed through them...

I still have a Four Seasons bed at home in farangland had it for about 5 plus years...

Ikea in Bangna (fwiw) also has a fairly good range of bedding, but pointless if you live outside of BKK or surrounding provinces...

Edited by GrantSmith

I like a soft mattress as well. You should check out SB Furniture....www.sb-furniture.com

A good soft mattress will cost about Bt30K. same price as a soft comfortable mattress in the US.

Just note the cheaper options no matter how comfortable won't last more than a year or two.

The brands that last a long time cost a small fortune, far more than back home due to the low demand relative to the import costs.

If saving money is important to you, get used to a firm mattress and go with the dense foam style, just put a cheap cotton pad over before the bottom sheet.

Pillow-top mattresses are generally available here now so one of those higher-end models might be suitable?

Obviously the 4th floor (aka the universal furniture floor) of any mall or large department store usually has a wide array of mattresses on display.

There are frequent furniture shows at some of the exhibition halls where most models are on display, and one can get a decent discount along with a lot of extras thrown in.

I sell mattresses online, brand used by 5 star hotels. I am not allowed to say who we are and won't!

Anyway what I would suggest is a pocket spring mattress with pillow tops. It is important that the pillow tops are on both sides as then you can turn the mattress as you need to to ensure a long life. You can combine this with a box spring base to get the most comfortable mattress, it isn't just about the mattress it is the base too. Most bases are not sprung these days and just aren't as good. If you buy good quality base and mattress they should last you at least 15 years.

A short term alternative is memory foam, though in my opinion this is nowhere near as good as some people say. It IS very comfortable, but within a couple of years it will develop body impressions and will sag. This is the case with even the most expensive models, as witnessed by the fact that their guarantee specifically excludes body impressions of less than 1 inch.

I hope this helps and good luck to you.

• Like 1

Thai people not like soft mattress, we get sore back

many time we not sleep mattress

maybe better to buy 2 small mattress and tie together, then 2 people happy

1 soft, 1 hard

Thai person like hard one

True. When my wife's niece came to stay she slept on the wood bench! No way I could do that.

• Like 1

Assuming longevity isn't an issue (I plan to move out of the country long before I'd wear out a mattress), where in BKK could I find a simple, low density foam mattress or even a properly sized foam block that I can use as a topper?

I'd want at least 4" thick for a topper, thicker if the whole mattress is foam.

I currently have 2 of the typical toppers on the bed and it's still not soft enough for these old bones. Funny, because in my youth, the firmer the mattress the better.

• 11 months later...

I haven't been happy with the longevity of my purchases from Index, maybe mattresses are an exception but personally I doubt it.

intdex sell theraflex, excellent mattresses I own 3.

not cheap, but occasional deals.

cant spend 300 bucks on a mattress and expect satisfaction.

home pro are having a special on Seally Posturepedic mattresses at the moment and they are one of the best brands avaialable, top of the line kingsize(individual shielded springs, with memory foam soft top) was 26,000 baht, brilliant deal.

Edited by seajae

I recommend IKEA, good selection and very good price/performance.

Only issue is that Thailand has (unfortunately) adopted US bed measurements, i.e. using "feet", while IKEA uses the metric system - as Thailand "should" too since it is officially a metric country. Anyway, there may then be a mismatch if you have a non-IKEA bed frame. So buy the frame from IKEA too :-)

Otherwise Index has a pretty decent selection (with "feet" measurements), as suggested also by others.

home pro are having a special on Seally Posturepedic mattresses at the moment and they are one of the best brands avaialable, top of the line kingsize(individual shielded springs, with memory foam soft top) was 26,000 baht, brilliant deal.

that is good. which branch?

A soft mattress is no good for the body,all sort's of spinal problems can occur,a couple of good pillows is the answer,i suggest the op harden up a little.the human body has not evolved to sleep on some kind of goose feather wonderpad, get a grip and get some grit,op.