Chalerm Skeptically Welcomes N S C Chief's Reinstatement

webfact

Chalerm skeptically welcomes NSC chief’s reinstatement
By English News

13702506414104.jpg

BANGKOK, June 3 – Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubamrung said today he has no problem with the reinstatement of Thawil Pliensri to head the National Security Council (NSC) as ruled by the Administrative Court.

“Mr Thawil will simply sign documents if he becomes NSC secretary general. I have never trusted intelligence of the Special Branch Bureau and the NSC anyway,” he said.

He said two high-ranking NSC officials, Surapol Puenaiyaka and Paradorn Patanatabut, had never petitioned when they were transferred to inactive posts by former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva.

“They never put pressure on Mr Abhisit. It is not right for Mr Thawil to pressure the government. He should wait for the Prime Minister’s Office resolution whether it would appeal the Administrative Court’s ruling,” Mr Chalerm said.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has assigned the PM’s Office to thoroughly study the court’s verdict to decide if the government would appeal in Mr Thawil’s case.

Mr Chalerm said Lt Gen Paradorn, current NSC secretary general, remains authorised to hold peace talks with the Barisan Revolusi Nasional (BRN) militant movement in Kuala Lumpur on June 13.

“The Thai delegation has prepared a five-point proposal for the talks. If there is neither progress nor conclusion, we will have to review the dialogue procedure,” the deputy prime minister said.

Former premier Abhisit called on Ms Yingluck to reinstate Mr Thawil to head the NSC as ruled by the Administrative Court instead of prolonging the case until Mr Thawil’s retirement. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-2013-06-03

Mr Thawil will simply sign documents if he becomes NSC secretary general. I have never trusted intelligence of the Special Branch Bureau and the NSC anyway, he said.

Followed by:

"Did I say that out loud?"

Mr Chalerm said Lt Gen Paradorn, current NSC secretary general, remains authorised to hold peace talks with the Barisan Revolusi Nasional (BRN) militant movement in Kuala Lumpur on June 13.

Thought it was Chalerm who had been ordered by the PM to lead the talks?

Has he chickened out and authorised the Gen to go in his place, or will he still be going but not taking part in the talks?

Do we really have to wait another 7 months, before we can behead this idiot?? crazy.gif

He has many similarities to a cockroach - I fear that he may wander around headless for many months until he finally starves to death.

He would probably still manage to get ear medicine down his neck.

I have never trusted intelligence of the Special Branch Bureau and the NSC anyway,” he said.

Time to start wearing that kevlar Mr Chalerm.

Sorry to say i don't know what a kevlaris. Does it go on top of his tin foil hat or below it?

While I am here the article said

"The Thai delegation has prepared a five-point proposal for the talks.

If there is neither progress nor conclusion, we will have to review the

dialogue procedure,” the deputy prime minister said."

Why wait start now. They aren't even talking to the right people.

• Like 1

ah more wise words from the PTP's best and brightest.

Followed by Abhisit making the important point that he should be reinstated before he retires in 7 months....wow that will endear Abhisit to the electorate for sure.....nothing like directing focus to a crucial reinstatement..... for 7 months....... to get the voters on your side.....biggrin.png

Edited by 473geo
  • Like 1

His foot in mouth problem just gets worse and it sums up Thaksin's puppet government when this idiot has a post, for less a senior post in it, loyalty and obedience over ability.

The attitude prevailing these days was laid out quite clearly when he said Thawil should not have pressured the government and that sums it up, the government wants to do what it likes and no one should challenge in any way.

• Like 1

Followed by Abhisit making the important point that he should be reinstated before he retires in 7 months....wow that will endear Abhisit to the electorate for sure.....nothing like directing focus to a crucial reinstatement..... for 7 months....... to get the voters on your side.....biggrin.png

My goodness another, "What about Abhist" post from the best and brightest of the, "I don't support Thaksin butt", group. So predictable.

Edited by waza
  • Like 2

There's an old saying which is something about people getting the kind of government they deserve and other than the PTP / red shirt sheep who would vote for anything connected to Thaksin no one deserves this clown and the government he represents. In a properly constituted administration no PM in his / her right mind would consider Chalerm for a cabinet post and a decent parliamentary party would be hard pushed to even allow him membership but Thailand has the problem that all PTP decisions, policies, actions etc. are the sole preserve of one man and look what happens !

CONTROVERSIAL TRANSFER
Prime minister advised to give Thawil his NSC position back

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva yesterday advised Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra to reinstate Thawil Pliensri as chief of the National Security Council, saying Thawil was the best person qualified for the job and the Central Administrative Court had ordered his reinstatement.

Abhisit explained that Thawil was the best candidate because he had developed his career at the agency and could continue with his job of trying to end the South insurgency. He said Yingluck should find another position for current NSC chief General Paradorn Pattanathabutr.

The Central Administrative Court ruled last week that transferring Thawil to an advisory position at the PM's Office was unlawful and ordered the PM to reinstate him at the NSC as soon as possible.

A Government House source said Yingluck was planning to appeal the verdict and expects the case to take long enough for the verdict to coincide with Thawil's retirement next year.

Abhisit said while Yingluck had the right to appeal against the ruling, it should not have been announced in a move to pressure Thawil out. If Yingluck went ahead with appealing the verdict, then Thawil also had the right to file a complaint against the PM with the National Anti-Corruption Commission.

Meanwhile, Deputy Premier Chalerm Yoobamrung yesterday warned Thawil against putting too much pressure on the government. He explained that it was normal practice for a new government to replace the NSC chief because it would find it difficult to trust a person appointed by the previous administration.

He also called on the media to not focus too much on Thawil's case, adding that when Abhisit took over as PM, he had transferred then-NSC chief General Surapol Puenaiyaka, then-permanent secretary for Interior Ministry Pirapol Traithasawit and then-Bangkok city clerk Pongsak Semsan to advisory positions.

Chalerm said the PM's Office and the Office of the Attorney-General were considering whether to appeal against Thawil's ruling, though the final decision was with Yingluck. He said if it was up to him, he would certainly appeal against the ruling.

Chalerm added that since Paradorn was still the NSC chief, Thawil's case would not affect the ongoing talks with insurgent groups in the South.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-06-04

My goodness another, "What about Abhist" post from the best and brightest of the, "I don't support Thaksin butt", group. So predictable.

There is only a post concerning Abhisit because he chose to try and be seen to be involved........insisting on reinstating a man who even if re-employed immediately has 7 months of his tenure remaining.........now if that appears to be a rather insignificant cause to support.....well I guess it is a little more credible than being concerned about what passport one man travels on....unfortunately without the support of the military Abhisit is becoming no more than a minor irritation.....rankles a bit does it, That while Chalerm attracts criticism it leaves Abhisit open to adverse comments too......suck it up and stop moaning.

• Like 1

There is only a post concerning Abhisit because he chose to try and be seen to be involved........insisting on reinstating a man who even if re-employed immediately has 7 months of his tenure remaining.........now if that appears to be a rather insignificant cause to support.....well I guess it is a little more credible than being concerned about what passport one man travels on....unfortunately without the support of the military Abhisit is becoming no more than a minor irritation.....rankles a bit does it, That while Chalerm attracts criticism it leaves Abhisit open to adverse comments too......suck it up and stop moaning.

Actually it is you who need to 'suck it up' that the opposition leader is quite entitled to speak out against corrupt musical chairs designed to have a Damapong appointed as police chief. It's irrelevant how many months Thawil has left to serve as he has been shafted for 9 or so months already.

No mention of Chalerm's idiotic comments - predictably - with the passport comment also irrelevant.

Odd that a PTP supporter fails to see that the party are treating Abhisit as a lot more than a 'minor irritation'. So minor that they have the DSI doing their bidding to get him to agree to amnesties, 'reconciliation' and even stop opposing Thaksin's party.

• Like 2

There is only a post concerning Abhisit because he chose to try and be seen to be involved........insisting on reinstating a man who even if re-employed immediately has 7 months of his tenure remaining.........
If someone has been unfairly dumped out of their job, not because of how they were performing, but because the Prime Minister's brother and master in Dubai wished to install one of his relatives into the top police job, and in order to do this, needs to move around some other people to make way, it's irrelevant how long the reinstatement is for - it could be 10 days or 10 years - it's about an injustice being righted. I appreciate that is not important to you, but for others, it is.
  • Like 1

If someone has been unfairly dumped out of their job, not because of how they were performing, but because the Prime Minister's brother and master in Dubai wished to install one of his relatives into the top police job, and in order to do this, needs to move around some other people to make way, it's irrelevant how long the reinstatement is for - it could be 10 days or 10 years - it's about an injustice being righted. I appreciate that is not important to you, but for others, it is.

Is it really.......that would be why all the posts on this thread (excluding those related to mine) are all about Chalerm......no congratulations and joy regarding the other guy being reinstated........boy oh boy....get a grip....

"it's about an injustice being righted. I appreciate that is not important to you, but for others, it is.".........like hell it is.....

Followed by Abhisit making the important point that he should be reinstated before he retires in 7 months....wow that will endear Abhisit to the electorate for sure.....nothing like directing focus to a crucial reinstatement..... for 7 months....... to get the voters on your side.....Posted Image
So the Thai obsession with "if you do wrong, I can do wrong too", continues ad-infinitum.

Seems infantilism isn't limited to the Government and its supporters

Is it really.......that would be why all the posts on this thread (excluding those related to mine) are all about Chalerm......no congratulations and joy regarding the other guy being reinstated........boy oh boy....get a grip....

"it's about an injustice being righted. I appreciate that is not important to you, but for others, it is.".........like hell it is.....

Am I misreading this topic?

The reinstatement is hypothetical. The topic relates to K Chaletm's comments regarding IF it happens.