Australian Farmer Files B15M Fraud Charge Against Thai Fiance

webfact

around half a million USD.

im impressed

So is her extended family. intheclub.gif

Some very funny comments herein.

The guy is clearly a loser and an idiot for getting done like this. Now he is going to get the nanny state media involved and ruin his reputation even more- tabloid tv in oz does not help the situation. The fact that he is resorting to the oz media tells me this guy is a moron.

he also paid too much sin sot. What an old fool

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if he met her in a bar.

What, the bar from Star Wars? She makes Greedo look good.

If you guys had read the OP you would have learned that they met on his onion farm. She was a worker on his farm in Australia back in 2009.

This is how it works.... You've got an average looking 39 year old onion farmer who spends all is time working his a** off on his farm in the middle of nowhere. He's got little chance of scoring much in the female department in Oz. The best he's likely to score is some divorcee around his own age with kids. Add to that a smiley face on a 25 year old Thai lady and what have you got? LOVE.

To understand this you really need to put yourself on an onion farm in the middle of nowhere and have some knowledge of what is available to a 39 year old guy in Australia.

(I've been a 39 year old bachelor in Australia. The first Asian ladies I scored could have been considered pretty rough too. I also learned the hard way. Not nearly as hard as the onion farmer, but it wasn't easy. There were no Internet forums to guide us back then)

Maybe he would have done better with the women in his hometown if he had a better haircut.

• Like 1

What on earth do people see in these Thai women?........they have zero personality unless you count greedy & hollow as admirable qualities & they contain the passion of a cardboard box.

There must have been a huge transfer of wealth from western countries to Thailand over the years.

This is either a flame post or the ramblings of a bigoted imbecile.
  • Like 1

Good luck to him, I hope he gets his money back, or at least some of it, well maybe a little. Seriously, with an Australian news network getting involved it may also garner interest in other countries, I wonder what TAT will do to counter the bad press over this one, and all the other accounts that will surely come to light as a result of the international media coverage.

Never the less, the naïve, sexually frustrated and lonely can have an extraordinary blindness to common sense. It will still happen, and in the bigger picture I see it as fair game, instigated by dishonest sex tourists. There are so many men pouring into that country, promising to marry, simply to lure women into bed, then walk off, never to return, screwing a few more gullible women before departure date, that the "us versus them" will be well fuelled for a long time. I have spoken to men, some I have considered as friends, who have told me about their lies, as though proud of it. It sickens me. So if an article, or news report is going to cover this, it needs to tell the history of male exploitation of women in Thailand, else it's nothing more than a one-sided witch hunt.

I wonder if he met her in a bar.

What, the bar from Star Wars? She makes Greedo look good.

If you guys had read the OP you would have learned that they met on his onion farm. She was a worker on his farm in Australia back in 2009.

This is how it works.... You've got an average looking 39 year old onion farmer who spends all is time working his a** off on his farm in the middle of nowhere. He's got little chance of scoring much in the female department in Oz. The best he's likely to score is some divorcee around his own age with kids. Add to that a smiley face on a 25 year old Thai lady and what have you got? LOVE.

To understand this you really need to put yourself on an onion farm in the middle of nowhere and have some knowledge of what is available to a 39 year old guy in Australia.

(I've been a 39 year old bachelor in Australia. The first Asian ladies I scored could have been considered pretty rough too. I also learned the hard way. Not nearly as hard as the onion farmer, but it wasn't easy. There were no Internet forums to guide us back then)

Your comment: "The first Asian ladies I scored" is the great give away. It's this view of Asians, and for you probably all women, that sets up the "us versus them" thing. I never think of any of my encounters with woman as "scores". They are all personal relationships. You can share in the responsibility of MacCurley's loss, because you part of the problem.

Thailand thrives on these hustlers like Boontip who are skillful enough to extract large sums of money from the next greater fool. The money the hustlers get is used to fuel the Thai black economy - electronics, trucks, drinks all around. Boontip is no doubt viewed as a a local hero in her tambon and moo ban. The "sting" she ran on her most recent mark, McCurley the onion farmer, resulted in 15 million baht flowing into her hands, more than most moo bans will ever see. Boontip must be revered and esteemed in her moo ban and ranks up there with top Thai hustlers.

A multi-victim class action is the best way to go as there is strength in numbers especially if there are farangs from numberous countries all acting together through INTERPOL and shared legal expenses to pay for representation and bribe if needed.

I know of a Khon Kean scammer whose passport (possibly fake) says Miss Jula Phongkomsing (AKA Jula Maya Phongkhomsing born February 5, 1973 in Udon Thani). One of her most recent victims who contacted me is a German farang working with INTERPOL, a German attorney and a Thai attorney/investigator and his now new Thai wife's Knon Kaen family who knows all about this con artist who is known as Maya locally.

As for me, 4 days after marriage, Maya turned hostile renigging on all agreements particularly financial, then threatened me and forced me out with false accusations and threats to call police if I ever came back to collect on the $20,000 (650,000 TH Baht) I invested with her on her fraudulent scheme. The marriage was not a hasty move as there was a steady (fully documented) 2.5 year distance courtship, gradual financial assistance, 30 days living together with her and her 74 years old physically ill mother in their nice home, meeting her friends, her now realized to be a gold ore black-marketeer partner (secretly excavating from her farm with her consent and participation), a formal Buddhist Temple Blessing Ceremony and a large traditional Thai hotel wedding/party all financed by myself who was scammed by her and her closest Thai girlfriend.

Should it come as a surprise that Maya blew her cover in anger admitting that she had scammed 6 other farangs before me. Thus I was number 7 and the German farang above would be at least fool number 8! I would be extremely willing to assist the German farang and the Australian if they are interested in PAYBACK through criminal and fraud class actions and/or civil suit class actions!

I am not the least embarassed, ashamed and am guilty of nothing other than seeking a good Thai wife in order to have my own family... the same as most other middle aged and older men who have more honorable intentions than cheap sex in mind. Sadly for the critics here who want to blame the honest farangs, it appears most of you critics are louses yourself licing self-centered lives using and abusing Thai women when you have no more than uncontrolled sexual urges which you also pay good money to obtain, Pity you as well as scammers like Maya!

biggrin.png "A multi-victim class action is the best way to go" ... to sue all the jerks who have lied to Thai girls? Yes, I'd support that. I have also had the experience of almost being lured into a couple of questionable money stories, but entered with more caution than the sad onion farmer. I've lost nothing more than a bit of time, but it has all added to the experience. I regret nothing and I am not angry either of them.

"class action" I would even say that the widespread sport of relieving foreigners of their money, could be seen as a "class action" retaliation against the masses of men who lie.

Edited by TechnikaIII

Good luck to him, I hope he gets his money back, or at least some of it, well maybe a little. Seriously, with an Australian news network getting involved it may also garner interest in other countries, I wonder what TAT will do to counter the bad press over this one, and all the other accounts that will surely come to light as a result of the international media coverage.

Never the less, the naïve, sexually frustrated and lonely can have an extraordinary blindness to common sense. It will still happen, and in the bigger picture I see it as fair game, instigated by dishonest sex tourists. There are so many men pouring into that country, promising to marry, simply to lure women into bed, then walk off, never to return, screwing a few more gullible women before departure date, that the "us versus them" will be well fuelled for a long time. I have spoken to men, some I have considered as friends, who have told me about their lies, as though proud of it. It sickens me. So if an article, or news report is going to cover this, it needs to tell the history of male exploitation of women in Thailand, else it's nothing more than a one-sided witch hunt.

You have obviously mixed up just who was the quarry and who was the prey in the OP. Did you bother to read it?

this is thai game ,must teach the girls at school ,there so good at it

A game started by foreign men who arrived to abuse and exploit. So three cheers for the girls. They need to be good at it.

Of course, the old saying "A fool and his money are easily parted" is very applicable here.

He made it easy for her, and she took advantage of an opportunity. Who knows, she may have been sincere.. engagements get called of every day, in this case he's angry and calls it fraud.

He sent the money willingly... I'd say he has no case and the Thai authorities are just playing the game.

There are 2 types of TV member.

1. The type that is helpful and have genuine sympathy for the inexperienced farang who gets stung.

2. The type that comes here hoping to see other farangs get turned over by Thailand and Thais.

Just because someone get shafted by another Thai girl does not make him a fool. Anyone who has managed to build up a lot of money is no fool. Not many people have $500,000 spare to give to his future wife. Don't confuse stupidity with inexperience. If you ever loved someone in your life, then you trust them. Do you trust your own wife or GF?

These girls are very clever, its a trade here in LOS, all the village girls know how its done, most won't do it, but some will (and do).

You can't blame a man for loving his partner and trusting her. I don't think he is so much of a fool, more like he let his heart rule his head.

I also believe he very much has a case. My wife read this story out to me on a Thai news website 12 hours before this thread was started and the guy actually had 49% of the company in his name and it was all done through lawyers, so yes... She has embezzled, and she HAS committed fraud. Whether or not she will have to pay some of the farang's money on paying off the police and the judge to get the case dropped is another thing.

• Like 1

You have obviously mixed up just who was the quarry and who was the prey in the OP. Did you bother to read it?

I have read all of it. Mr McCurley is a casualty in the bigger picture, a battle of lies in which men play an equal if not bigger role. Did you not bother to read it?

If the majority of foriegn men travelling to Thailand had honourable intentions, and showed respect for the culture and the women, there would not be this widespread sport of ripping off foreign men by Thai families. Note, I said "Thai families". The women are the front person, the one who has to sleep with the foreigner, to forward the family's agenda, that simply being one of financial security. She is the one who has to support the parents until the end.

That said, there are also a large number of successful and peaceful marriages.

How strange....

I have been here for years, and I must say that I have never met a farang who fits the profile you describe. If these people do exist it is going to be well under 10% of the expats over here. Not once have I met a farang who has lied to a Thai girl. You are hanging out with the wrong people.

With all that said and done. a handful of pissed up tourists who demand sun, sea, sand and sex is hardly an excuse for ALL farangs to get screwed over.

Remember, that guy was not a sex tourist, he was her employer in Australia. He hadn't even been here until they were to be engaged.

Its just sad to note that Thai girl cons are no longer restricted to Thai soil, they are branching out abroad and plying their trade in the home country of the farang. Probably where they know the farang is not going to have experience of this deadly trade.

• Like 1

Fanny will pull you further than dynamite will blow you, well done to the thai girl that unloaded this silly <deleted>, he had something sticking up between his eyes !!

So you know this guy then?

he has been foolish ..but she is obviously a clever little slag ...hope he gets some reimbursement ..doubt it though ...can understand a guy from a aussie backwater falling for a thai glamour ...god aussie sheilas ....no wonder we come here cheers

• Like 1

Your comment: "The first Asian ladies I scored" is the great give away. It's this view of Asians, and for you probably all women, that sets up the "us versus them" thing. I never think of any of my encounters with woman as "scores". They are all personal relationships. You can share in the responsibility of MacCurley's loss, because you part of the problem.

You're getting too tied up with semantics. "Score", "get", "find", "meet" a girlfriend/wife.... same same.

It was a tongue in cheek way of describing my first relationships. One of those "scores" scored a house. The other scored quite well too.biggrin.png

Throw out your dictionary when you're communicating with Aussies... or get a new one. It may save you from making unfounded conclusions.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

The little hussy is looooong gone. Can only imagine what cock and bull story her family will tell the cops, if they even bother to come looking for her...This guy got taken for the most I've ever heard. Most mopes get taken for maybe at most THB 1-2 million before they wise up.

Its just sad to note that Thai girl cons are no longer restricted to Thai soil, they are branching out abroad and plying their trade in the home country of the farang. Probably where they know the farang is not going to have experience of this deadly trade.

... and of course less competition from other Thai women. I wonder how many illegal workers she managed to ship to Australia.

I am glad to see an Aussie scammed for a change. I bought a horse there that turned out to be almost blind and I tried another seller and he sold me one that was almost lame. This is not a joke but a real true story. I can provide full details if anyone does not believe me.

All your fault if you didn't notice the first one had a cane, and the second was hopping around with its baby in a front pouch. :(

If a farang has come on holiday , met the girl of his dreams, its no different where ever he meets her . Sadly maybe he didnt kow of the scams that go on here , who would ? Its the same when tourists come , stay at a fairly decent hotel , then die of some weird poisoning, who who have thought that ? People go to travel agents, book tickets and come , their not all arm chair masterminds like most of you lot. Reading some of the posts on here and the bitterness towards this Australian man , shame on you . Maybe you are just as bitter as you were ripped off years ago or maybe you have never been here . It happens too often that farangs get ripped off , but saying that , there really isnt any advice you can give , as you never think it would happen to you , and thats even of you know what goes on here .

My advice is , Never get involved with a woman here other than for 1 night , then send her packing , before she packs everything of yours and sends you home with nothing .

There is another way to view this. McCurley is obviously a very good farmer, but was out of his league in the business his lady was supposedly setting up. A good business person would have looked into it much deeper, and like a banker, made a careful assessment of risk before dumping so much money into it. Sorry, but it was just a bad bet. So, we have the Thaivisa lynch mob, who will string up a few Thai women at the drop of a hat. Think of the thousands who lost money, livelihoods, homes .. the lot, during the financial crash of 2008 and 9. They were cheated by the big bankers and whoever. Our onion farmer still has his farm, and can continue to till the soil, all be it a bit miffed.

Paul Hogan was a funny entertainer, and won laughter all over the world as the lead role, in the first Crocodile Dundee film. Then HE stepped out of his league too, tried his hand at being a director. My god, what a woeful failure. He lost heaps when he screwed the leading lady and dumped his wife, then lost the rest when he made Dundee no. 3 If he still gets laughs anywhere, I don't know, but McCurley's onions will be as good as ever, as long as he keeps up the good work. I don't think he should put too much energy into suing Ms what's 'er name. I'd be more concerned about him losing yet more to the lawyers.

Edited by TechnikaIII
  • Like 1

Well stone the bloody crows. Hey yooz blokes, I didn know there was so much bloody dosh in onions. Cripes! And he goze'n chucks it all away.

Silly buggar.

a bit sad really,

.. anyway, on behalf of Thailand, I will say to Mr MacCurely: < Thai Language removed > wai2.gif

(If you can't yet read the local lingo, shame on you, but you can copy and paste here. )

The < Thai Language removed > was in Thai script: "Khop Khun maak khrap" meaning "Thank you very much".