Change Engine Oil

A Garage has the Edge over 7/11. 7/11 dont sell Tyre Pressue Gauges or Oil.... Strange Post.giggle.gif

Your post is strange. Naaaaaaaaaaah. Your right, 7/11 sell neither. smile.png

Naturally, Ubon was my first Home. It sends you Daft. Moon River, building of Robinsons, ducking the USAF Jets, be happy.thumbsup.gif

A Garage has the Edge over 7/11. 7/11 dont sell Tyre Pressue Gauges or Oil.... Strange Post.giggle.gif

Naturally, Ubon was my first Home. It sends you Daft. Moon River, building of Robinsons, ducking the USAF Jets, be happy.thumbsup.gif

I like the jets, but not US maned. They don't seem to do much though other than make a noise, hmmmmmmmm. smile.png

Transam. Which Shell garage?

Mine is in Ubon, but any will do, just do as I have advised and see what happens, show you know what goes on, they know what goes on. thumbsup.gif

And put a distinguishable mark on your filter as well. And check the level on your dipstick before you drive away, especially if you have a vehicle that takes more than 4 litres.

BSJ. Which other places?

Well my workshop of course! No, just kidding. I only do my own now.

Bquik up at Big C Sukhumvit Rd stuffed up a filter and oil change.

I also went to the Ptt (?) opposite the second hand market in Tepprasit Rd and the stupid girl didn't screw up the filter tight enough. Later that day we headed to GF's farm near Wang Sai Phun and drove much of the way in the dark. Next morning I head out only to find a big oil puddle under the pick-up. Checked the dipstick and had hardly any on the end. Man I was lucky we didn't breakdown up Hwy 11 at night, it's like the Wild West in those parts!

BSJ. Which other places?

He's but one opinion, I've had plenty of work done at BQuik too and no problems, ANY shop can have a bad apple, they're more professional and just as reasonably priced as most other shops of their kind.. Having said that Autobachs you can both purchase the oil off the shelf and have it changed..

Edited by WarpSpeed

BSJ. Which other places?

He's but one opinion, I've had plenty of work done at BQuik too and no problems, ANY shop can have a bad apple, they're more professional and just as reasonably priced as most other shops of their kind.. Having said that Autobachs you can both purchase the oil off the shelf and have it changed..

BSJ. Which other places?

The problem with autobacs is that they tend to be overpriced for some products - their tyres were more expensive (didn't realise it until I purchased, as I didn't shop around). Service is fine though and have a nice range of jap products (some things need ordering though, as they don't keep stock).

Never had a problem with Bquik either - changed some shocks for me at one time.

Edited by culicine
  • Like 1

I like the jets, but not US maned. They don't seem to do much though other than make a noise, hmmmmmmmm. smile.png

I like it better that way Transam.

Edited by harrry

The problem with autobacs is that they tend to be overpriced for some products - their tyres were more expensive (didn't realise it until I purchased, as I didn't shop around). Service is fine though and have a nice range of jap products (some things need ordering though, as they don't keep stock).

Never had a problem with Bquik either - changed some shocks for me at one time.

I agree, AutoBacs is not my first recommendation it was just another option and you can purchase the oil on site you choose to use.

Edited by WarpSpeed

What's wrong with your local dealer Both my car's have been Toyota's and have always used their service department never a problem from day 1 I told the manager I wanted to stand by the car when it was being serviced and that has never been a problem now after this amount of time '8 years' they even provide me with a seat oh and coffee. I always tip the man who does the job, and they always use the genuine part's and I don't have to look to see if the oil has been opened as it come out via the boy who open's it in front of me.

One time a friend from out of town wanted a big service I booked it in after speaking to the service manager, as it took about 4 hour's to do we for just under 2 hour's went off to have lunch on our return bit's had been done that we wern't able to see what had the manager done well taken photo's of the bit's on his phone while they were being done, cant get better than that.

Every service is logged in their comp: so if at any time you want a list of your services you only have to ask and they will for no charge print off all the service record, great when you want to sell the thing.

What's wrong with your local dealer Both my car's have been Toyota's and have always used their service department never a problem from day 1 I told the manager I wanted to stand by the car when it was being serviced and that has never been a problem now after this amount of time '8 years' they even provide me with a seat oh and coffee. I always tip the man who does the job, and they always use the genuine part's and I don't have to look to see if the oil has been opened as it come out via the boy who open's it in front of me.

One time a friend from out of town wanted a big service I booked it in after speaking to the service manager, as it took about 4 hour's to do we for just under 2 hour's went off to have lunch on our return bit's had been done that we wern't able to see what had the manager done well taken photo's of the bit's on his phone while they were being done, cant get better than that.

Every service is logged in their comp: so if at any time you want a list of your services you only have to ask and they will for no charge print off all the service record, great when you want to sell the thing.

I guess if you have a good dealership near you OK but very few people use main dealer Toyota Sukhothai, myself because of several reasons also twice the price of 'Cockpit' who are more or less opposite.

• Like 2

I've also had the honda dealer put in extra additives (not asked for), in addition to the oil. That can inflate the cost by over 1000 baht. Next time I'll tell them not to do it, so be aware of that if you are using the main dealer.

• Like 1

I guess if you have a good dealership near you OK but very few people use main dealer Toyota Sukhothai, myself because of several reasons also twice the price of 'Cockpit' who are more or less opposite.

Must admit Toyota Sukhothai are at best rubbish, how do I know well had a tapping sound coming from the car while I was there called in and they didn't want to know. I use the one in K.P.Phet spot on, price for 10,000km service has just gone up to 1.4000bt inclusive. Oh what was the tapping sound a small stone in one of the belt's sorted by K.P.P within 10Min: of me arriving.

Re additives never known them to do anything that is not required.

Edited by fredob43

Must admit Toyota Sukhothai are at best rubbish, how do I know well had a tapping sound coming from the car while I was there called in and they didn't want to know. I use the one in K.P.Phet spot on, price for 10,000km service has just gone up to 1.4000bt inclusive. Oh what was the tapping sound a small stone in one of the belt's sorted by K.P.P within 10Min: of me arriving.

Wow! Stone in a belt? That could have been serious problems, if it threw off the timing and went unnoticed too long.

Wow! Stone in a belt? That could have been serious problems, if it threw off the timing and went unnoticed too long.

Any noise is not good this was a light tapping, turned out a small what looked like a bit of flint had got stuck in the rubber of the belt, I had gone over some crap in the road normal here and it started just after that. Toyota's in Sukhothai had a look and said word's to the effect no problem it go later. Well maybe it would who know's but they might have taken a bit more care. I have friend's that live in S/T all have Toyota's and not one uses them for service. Most drive the 70+km to K.P.Phet to be sorted. It's then I become a Taxi service to bring them to my place so they can ponce yet more of my FREE beer. Toyota's at S/T have a lot to answer for.

I assume that was an accessory belt, not a timing belt, as that is enclosed. smile.png

Not necessarily, it's supposed to be, but that is open to the last service person that did any work and putting back what seems to be irrelevant and troublesome pieces of plastic to most Thai technicians is not a common practice if a short can be taken..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Its not easy to recommend anything here, once the Service Manager is changed,your Favorite can go Tits Up . E.G. Ubon Rat Honda was superb, now its not, yet Hua Hin, and Phitsanulok are still to the same Hi standard. Plus its worth noting, my Ozzie Chum doesn't know a Spark Plug from a Bog Brush, speaks no Thai, his Mrs is Thick, and confuses every Service Chap he meets and blames it all on Thais. !!.cheesy.gif