Dietary Supplement To Gain Weight?

ThaiBob

I wish to purchase a dietary supplement for an underweight Thai man. When I was much younger and working out I bought these products at my local gym or health food store. I added the powder to milk and it was like drinking a milkshake. This is for a Thai and they are resistant to using dairy products so maybe soy milk might work? But where can I purchase and what is the approximate costs? Thanks in advance.

There are the adult nutrition/meal supplement powders sold at drug stores and supermarkets (usually in the powdered baby formula isle) , like Ensure and Nutrum. These go for around b350-450 a can. They come in vanilla and chocolate favors and can be mixed with water, milk, soy, or almond milks. Fresh fruits, yogurts, or ice-cream can be added for more body, flavor, or quick weight gain.

Then there are the body-building protein powders sold at many drug stores and speciality shops around town. These range from B 1500 a tub to up to 3000. Again, these can be mixed as above and proportion to for quick muscle or general weight gain. Siam Drug at Bg C Nrorth Pattaya and the Facino outlets carry these powders.

• Like 1

This might not work for your Thai friend (although I don't understand why they are resistant to using diary Products?) but a few years ago I was underweight, I began to consume 6 raw eggs in a glass of milk 2 or 3 times daily, within 3-4 months I had gained 17 Kilo

I stopped when I was happy with my weight, can't speak for others but this method certainly worked for me

This might not work for your Thai friend (although I don't understand why they are resistant to using diary Products?) but a few years ago I was underweight, I began to consume 6 raw eggs in a glass of milk 2 or 3 times daily, within 3-4 months I had gained 17 Kilo

I stopped when I was happy with my weight, can't speak for others but this method certainly worked for me

Any high fat and protein diet should do the trick. Raw eggs, however, might be risky in Thailand (no matter what Rocky did). However, just fry and scramble them and they would be fine.

The so called mass gainer products are full of calories, I think some of them can be mixed with water instead of milk. They contain lots of sugars and other carbs, and a nominal amount of protein. Just check at a place where they sell body builder products.

Thanks for the replies. The person in question eats a normal Thai diet but it is in his genetic makeup to apparently be skinny. I think the protein, high calorie powders will be his best choice as a supplement.

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

If you want to mimic gym supplements.. get some protein powder.. add cacao and oatmeal (mix it in a blender) and drink it. Drinking works better as eating as you don't feel full. (that is the reason why overweight people who want to loose weight should cut down on their drinking of sugar drinks and alcohol).