any body know what a cash cheque is?

My girlfriend sold some land and was giving what she says is a cash cheque

i presume she means a bank draft.

she is comming to Ireland and I want her to change from Thai baht to euros

now that the thai Baht is high against the euro she tells me thats illegal

Is she right?

Edited by newbepat

Nobody seems to want to answer me.

i want to change that baht into euros because thai baht it high against the euro

Can i change back to Thai Baht later if the Thai baht comes down?

g/f says thats illegal

It is called a cashier's cheque or a banker's cheque, which is a cheque drawn by a bank on its own bank account. If the cheque is made out to "account payee only", as is often the case, it can be deposited only to the bank account of the person named as payee on the cheque.

Once the cheque is cleared its equivalent amount in local currency will be credited to the payee's account. Thereafter, the account holder is free to dispose of the money in any manner he or she likes. This includes a remittance to a bank account in Thailand.

Regarding bank remittances, and particularly remittances to foreign accounts, it is advisable always to indicate the reason for the remittance in the field for "message to beneficiary"

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sorry I forgot to ask can she open a euro/sterling/us dollar  account in a Thai Bank ?

For a non-resident foreigner in Thailand it should be easy to open a bank account in Thailand in EUR or USD, but I doubt that it is possible for a Thai national resident in Thailand.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It is called a cashier's cheque or a banker's cheque, which is a cheque drawn by a bank on its own bank account. If the cheque is made out to "account payee only", as is often the case, it can be deposited only to the bank account of the person named as payee on the cheque. Once the cheque is cleared its equivalent amount in local currency will be credited to the payee's account. Thereafter, the account holder is free to dispose of the money in any manner he or she likes. This includes a remittance to a bank account in Thailand. Regarding bank remittances, and particularly remittances to foreign accounts, it is advisable always to indicate the reason for the remittance in the field for "message to beneficiary" Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sorry Maestro but I haven't a clue what you your talking about sad.png