Police and Customs raid Turkish-owned Luxury Car Showroom in Central Pattaya

Rimmer

I wonder how many police and DSI, customs officers, excise officers "descended" on the showroom. Was it really necessary to swarm the business?

It could have been done with 2 officers, but then think about all the others who would have missed out the photo opportunity.

And the bar crawl. biggrin.png

So this Turkish farang owns more than 49% of the business.

Nice to see that they publically release the farangs name, now how about the names of all the Thais.

where does it say "he owns more than 49%" of the business? does a Pattaya One journalists diction mean he does by calling him "owner"?

Just assumed as they say a Turkish owned company other wise it would just be a Thai owned company (major stake holders) I believe farangs can't own more than 49% so how do they determine it is a farang business?

"they" is a Pattaya One journalist.

so and did the find anything? Looks a bit like a non-event to me.

I don't know if you looked at the clip in this post yet.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/643223-burned-out-luxury-cars-a-mystery-nakhon-ratchasima-police/?p=6461359

But I can say with certainty that only a few weeks ago an identical example of each and every car on that truck was present in that showroom, and from 4 of them I can even name the " owner ".

Maybe it is a coincidence, since you can find these cars on every street corner in Thailand whistling.gif , or they are still present in the showroom.