The Ashes Tour 2013

David Warner just made 186no for Aust A against S.Africa.

Due to come back to England on Monday.

'bout time he did something positive ...Smacks of desperation if the selectors include him in the starting 11 for the 3rd test though,the lad's an oddball & needs to be banished to shield cricket so he can sort his anger & alcohol issues out!!

How would the other batters feel who tow the 'discipline' line feel if Warner gets back in?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

England beating Australia at Cricket and Yorkshire on top of the County Championship. Time to grow my hair and sideboards long and search out a pair of floral bellbottoms and Cuban heelslaugh.png

• Like 1

'bout time he did something positive ...Smacks of desperation if the selectors include him in the starting 11 for the 3rd test though,the lad's an oddball & needs to be banished to shield cricket so he can sort his anger & alcohol issues out!!

How would the other batters feel who tow the 'discipline' line feel if Warner gets back in?

What other battersbiggrin.png

• Like 2

Against South Africa A, just to put it in perspective.

Most who follow the game would be aware of that.

Yes, well now the rest will be aware, too.

Obviously it was a stiff test, South Africa A declared on 617 and it was a draw.

Meanwhile, England announce the squad for the 3rd Leathering test match:

England squad: Alastair Cook (Essex) (Capt), James Anderson (Lancashire), Jonny Bairstow (Yorkshire), Ian Bell (Warwickshire), Tim Bresnan (Yorkshire), Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire), Monty Panesar (Sussex), Kevin Pietersen (Surrey), Matt Prior (Sussex), Joe Root (Yorkshire), Graeme Swann (Nottinghamshire), James Taylor (Nottinghamshire), Chris Tremlett (Surrey), Jonathan Trott (Warwickshire)

Panasar and Taylor both performing well at Hove; which no doubt influenced the selectors. Especially as Taylor had been asked to play for Sussex in this game so they could have a look at him.

Oh, The Aussie top order didn't do too bad, either; 366 for 5 declared with only Wade failing.

Scorecard.

Obviously it was a stiff test, South Africa A declared on 617 and it was a draw.

England squad: Alastair Cook (Essex) (Capt), James Anderson (Lancashire), Jonny Bairstow (Yorkshire), Ian Bell (Warwickshire), Tim Bresnan (Yorkshire), Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire), Monty Panesar (Sussex), Kevin Pietersen (Surrey), Matt Prior (Sussex), Joe Root (Yorkshire), Graeme Swann (Nottinghamshire), James Taylor (Nottinghamshire), Chris Tremlett (Surrey), Jonathan Trott (Warwickshire)

Yep i definitely keeping a Plan B for things to do on monday. Maybe in the unlikely event of it lasting that long all australian nationals should be given free entry on mondaybiggrin.png

Yep i definitely keeping a Plan B for things to do on monday. Maybe in the unlikely event of it lasting that long all australian nationals should be given free entry on mondaybiggrin.png

Nah free beers at the Billabong for all Brits! biggrin.png

I'm out of the loop now.

When does the next test start?

Is it this Thursday?

EDIT ... looks like I'm looping well now!

Correct.

Should Australia lose this match I believe it is their worst losing streak in 100+ years

I'm out of the loop now.

Is it this Thursday?

Correct.

Should Australia lose this match I believe it is their worst losing streak in 100+ years

Any idea how that losing streak compares to other Cricketing Nations ... say the Poms for example ... rolleyes.gif

I'm out of the loop now.

Is it this Thursday?

Correct.

Any idea how that losing streak compares to other Cricketing Nations ... say the Poms for example ... rolleyes.gif

Bookman meant "when".

You pair have the look of a couple of rabbits....staring at a pot of stock and a carving knife.....biggrin.png

Michael Clarke's men hope to be the first team since 1885-88 to lose seven Tests straight

512939-australia-cricket-1888.jpg

1888 Australian team from (L-R) SP Jones, W Lord, AH Jarvis, W Burrup, CW Beal, SMJ Woods, JJ Lyons, F Farrands, IF Boyle, GJ Bonnor, CTB Turner, PS McDonnell, H Trott, JMcC Blackhan, AC Bannerman, JD Ewards and JJ Ferris during tour of England.

Edited by uptheos

Michael Clarke's men hope to be the first team since 1885-88 to lose seven Tests straight

1888 Australian team from (L-R) SP Jones, W Lord, AH Jarvis, W Burrup, CW Beal, SMJ Woods, JJ Lyons, F Farrands, IF Boyle, GJ Bonnor, CTB Turner, PS McDonnell, H Trott, JMcC Blackhan, AC Bannerman, JD Ewards and JJ Ferris during tour of England.

Those fellas look mighty proud about the record.

• Like 1

I thought a couple of them look suspiciously like certain members of the current squad.

I thought a couple of them look suspiciously like certain members of the current squad.

They could be mentors judging by the current series

Australia does hold the test Cricket record for most consecutive wins at 16 .... done twice.

So it seems only fair that we hold the opposite end as well

We also hold the record for the most consecutive ODI's (21) as well.

Well, we have to have something to hang our hat onbiggrin.png