Arrest warrant to be issued for American man who attacked, paralyzed maid in Bangkok

webfact

If this dude injured this woman to the point where she was not breathing, where were the cops? Watching the muay Thai?

I don't think police are posted in the rooms of hotel guests waiting for them to assault the staff. Do you expect them to materialise out of thin air every time an incident occurs?

No more than I expect you to make an intelligent comment

No less intelligent than your statement.

Interesting that you seem to think you have some insight into my intelligence. How can you know anything about me after only my 6th post?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are so many questions, e.g. motive.

What was the guy trying to do to the 41-year old lady? Sexual activity? ...because he couldn't get it with the two girls prior (or they cost too much? ...or he found that they were not actually female?)?

How could a cervix fracture when the body lands on a bed (and not the floor)?

How does a cervical fracture impair natural automatic breathing, as isn't it the brain, and not the cervix, that manages automatic breathing?

Did he check out the next morning, or immediately after the incident? In any case, there would have been plenty of opportunity for the maid to loudly seek assistance and attention from others who work there. So what exactly happened afterward? Was there commotion when he tried to leave to get a taxi?

Dr, a cervical facture refers to a fracture of the neck, not the woman's cervix (of the womb). If someone is thrown on to a bed and lands awkwardly head/neck first, then it's very easy to break the neck. I think that may have an impact on breathing ability.

Why is the identity of this major hotel still being withheld from the public? They tried their hardest to prevent the police from being involved because it might damage their reputation and therefore acted in a total irresponsible manner. The police might already have this man in custody if the hotel had acted properly and it may have made a difference in the condition of the victim and I hope she has sufficient grounds for a big lawsuit against the hotel. Money and power seems to automatically acquire anonymity in Thailand. A small hotel would have been named and shamed at the pleasure of the reporters.

How do you know the hotel tried to prevent the police from being involved?

hehehe love it a lady has life threating injuries for what ever reasons who knows, the guest probably drunk, What do we get the English language police, boys we know what country we are in we know the level of reporting is very low but the same old argument must be made The Headline is Miss Leading, what is new here in Thailand

There are so many questions, e.g. motive.

What was the guy trying to do to the 41-year old lady? Sexual activity? ...because he couldn't get it with the two girls prior (or they cost too much? ...or he found that they were not actually female?)?

How could a cervix fracture when the body lands on a bed (and not the floor)?

How does a cervical fracture impair natural automatic breathing, as isn't it the brain, and not the cervix, that manages automatic breathing?

Did he check out the next morning, or immediately after the incident? In any case, there would have been plenty of opportunity for the maid to loudly seek assistance and attention from others who work there. So what exactly happened afterward? Was there commotion when he tried to leave to get a taxi?

Cervical refers to the spine, not the cervix. Upper cervical spine fractures and spinal cord injuries can affect the neurologic control of breathing, and patients may complain of difficulty breathing or the inability to take a deep breath. More than likely compounded by moving the victim without a neck support leading to the reported paralysis.

BTW cervical fracture restricts the ability to speak, let alone shout in a loud voice

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

Why is the identity of this major hotel still being withheld from the public? They tried their hardest to prevent the police from being involved because it might damage their reputation and therefore acted in a total irresponsible manner. The police might already have this man in custody if the hotel had acted properly and it may have made a difference in the condition of the victim and I hope she has sufficient grounds for a big lawsuit against the hotel. Money and power seems to automatically acquire anonymity in Thailand. A small hotel would have been named and shamed at the pleasure of the reporters.

How do you know the hotel tried to prevent the police from being involved?

I know because I do not limit my online use to only ThaiVisa. Do your homework and you should also be able to find it.

the maid may have had a previous injury from a vehicle accident but unless this is investigated properly we will never know .

So you add to the 'assumptions' with another wild assumption about a vehicle accident she may have been in.

Some people need to put their brain into gear before posting.

Strange, when the victim is Thai and the alleged perpetrator is American, the "hang them high brigade" stay silent!sad.png

Only the language-police is out in full force!!rolleyes.gif

far beyond remain silent, they question the language of the headline

How many hours passed from the time he allegedly harmed her until the time he was going through immigration at the airport THE NEXT MORNING?

The hotel would have immediately called the police and ambulance if the woman was paralyzed / not breathing in his room. They have a copy of his passport from when he checked in, and he checked right back out with no problems, caught a taxi and went to the airport the next day.

Something doesn't add up.

This article is in another paper and says nothing about her being a maid.

Only that he took her and two other friends into his hotel room in the early hours of 14th May. Her friends left the hotel and about 30 minutes later she was found. Didn't say if he was in the room or left with the friends.

The hotel is in the sukhumvit area. FYI

Go figure

My wife heard of this story over the weekend and it wasn't mentioned that it was a maid, but someone who slept with him.

The story was he beat her up, and left her incapacitated in the room and she waited several hours calling for help before the hotel opened the room and found her paralysed on the floor.

All very very fishy.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Great headline guys whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty.

The headline didn't say he was guilty.  The report said that he was only accused of assaulting the maid.

The operative word is "who"

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What a nasty evil individual being drunk is no excuse for putting a defenceless maid on a ventilator for the rest of her life, I hope he gets a speedy extradition from the USA to face justice in a Thai court and gets a hefty sentence appropriate to match that poor maids life sentence.

I guessing it is her word against his.

Anyone thought of that ?

Whatever. They would have done some investigating before they asked the courts for an arrest warrant. It's obvious the guy screwed up and then fled. Bad reporting or not this is NOT a good thing and now the poor lady has to suffer for the rest of her life. It don't matter if she stole from him, swore at him or anything, violence against woman IS WRONG !!!!!!!!

Why do you suggest she may have stolen something from him? Do you have information the media doesn't? Disgusting.

IF IF IF IF IF Understand? I was making a statement that it doesn't matter WHAT she did it is still wrong. Do you disagree?

A regretful accident turning into an extortion scam TIT

I hope the guy is safe and sound back in the homeland where he won't be a victim to corrupt police

I have seen you here MANY Times sticking up for pedophiles, rapists etc. Are you sure you are not a LOSER?

• Like 2

So - the suspected perp was having a little party with two girls - What was the maid doing there - serving drinks?

You really need to learn how to read. The 2 woman were there BEFORE the maid incident.

I hope the US send this man back to Thailand to face justice the THAI way !!

What like the Bus queue & Mr Red Bull police killer. Get a grip.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

A regretful accident turning into an extortion scam TIT

I hope the guy is safe and sound back in the homeland where he won't be a victim to corrupt police

I have seen you here MANY Times sticking up for pedophiles, rapists etc. Are you sure you are not a LOSER?

I don't take Thai news report as FACT, and in this case the only witness is the victim :whistling: Once again they are trying to blame an innocent but I guess innocent until proven guilty doesn't exist where you come from

Hard to believe whenever you see a story "reportedly." Reportedly seen by who? What hotel? How did he manage to get on a plane 3-4 hours later without someone discovering the alleged injured maid and phoning in an alert to prevent him from boarding?

As long as Thais assume that they can appeal to an embassy to extradite a foreign citizen in a "reportedly" witnessed incident, the Thais deserve to be ignored.

Who saw the maid flung across the room?

Great headline guys whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty.

I don't believe this, Yanks are such a kind and considerate nation, not a crooked bone in their bodies, totally unacceptable.

Yes, us Yanks are kind and considerate. It's non-Yankee Americans not from the six New England states you have to be wary of. thumbsup.gif

What a nasty evil individual being drunk is no excuse for putting a defenceless maid on a ventilator for the rest of her life, I hope he gets a speedy extradition from the USA to face justice in a Thai court and gets a hefty sentence appropriate to match that poor maids life sentence.

I guessing it is her word against his.

Anyone thought of that ?

Maybe. Which word has more clout in court?

Strange, when the victim is Thai and the alleged perpetrator is American, the "hang them high brigade" stay silent!sad.png

Only the language-police is out in full force!!rolleyes.gif

Yes, in the first few messages guilt has been aimed at the police, the newspaper and the hotel, all of whom are guilty until proven otherwise. And the comment about anonymity coming from "aguy30" is hilarious. I wonder how many ThaiVisa critics of the police would be willing to make those accusations face-to-face with the police rather than cloaked in the anonymity provided by this message board.

I'm only surprised no one has accused the bed of causing the injury. But hey, TiTV