Chalerm lambasts move to probe his Rolls Royce

webfact

Why do people keep picking on this most honest of men?

He has a long history of political oppression against him right back to when he was one of the richest police captains in the force and had to flee overseas from persecution.

I believe he has 5 cars including the Rolls and Bentley.

Could it be that the other three also come under the definition of luxury cars?

• Like 1

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far the scam with cars seems to be driving them with the Red temporary plates on them, and never actually getting them fully registered and driving them for years that way. Of all the questionable cars none so far that I have seen have white plates yet.

I was having my car worked on last week and the mechanic was fixing a BMW 740i with a red plate. It had 110,000 Kilometers already on it with a gas conversion.

Why do people keep picking on this most honest of men?

He has a long history of political oppression against him right back to when he was one of the richest police captains in the force and had to flee overseas from persecution.

I believe he has 5 cars including the Rolls and Bentley.

Could it be that the other three also come under the definition of luxury cars?

Sorry I just cannot help myself. If the Thai language has the word hypocrite in the dictionary, his photo would be next to it...

• Like 1

It just shows how lacking in class these dolts are. Happy to steal billions, yet so cheap that they can't pay their own bills. So what is the point of all the money then? To look at the zeros in their bank books? These are the sort of people that would cut their maid's salary for breaking a glass. Zero substance.

• Like 2

it appears to be a Bentley to me. Think the original news report made a mistake calling it a Rolls.

So far the scam with cars seems to be driving them with the Red temporary plates on them, and never actually getting them fully registered and driving them for years that way. Of all the questionable cars none so far that I have seen have white plates yet.

The vehicle in question is a Rolls Royce (it's in addition to his pink Bentley).

The vehicle in question is white=plated with 4444.

news_img_511794_1.jpg
  • Like 1

Mr Chalerm said earlier that he bought the luxury car at Bt26 million but Mr Ruangkrai argued that the car should cost Bt37 million if the deputy prime minister paid tax in full.

Chalerm's pink Bentley cost him 25 million baht. Add the 26 million baht Rolls and just the two cars alone amount to nearly a third of all of his official declared assets of a relatively paltry 178 million baht.

Creative bookkeeping.

• Like 1

You guys are being very mean.

As a humble civil servant, I think that Chalerm must be far smarter than all of you, after all not only does he have both a Rolls and a Bentley, but his sons all have fancy sports cars as well, I believe one even purchased his girlfriend a Lotus Elise just to enjoy driving around. Obviously, if any of you had worked and contributed nearly as much to the Thai economy as this family, you would also have elaborate fancy cars, paid for as a result of the substantial 100,000b per month that being an MP provides.

I believe that were you to subtract the damage to his family as a result of the unfounded accusations that his son shot a police officer point blank in the face in Club 20 then was a fugitive supported by his father for 12 months while coincidentally, witnesses for the most part were all finally able to see that in fact they were mistaken over the 12 month period, and were you able to subtract the groundless accusations of the sons cheating the army draft, cheating their way into police jobs and very cruel and frivolous claims of the sons pistol whipping, beating and assaulting others at various night clubs, none of which were even proven, you would be well aware that this family contributes more to the wellbeing of this fine country than almost any other.

Those of you who dare to say that the reason why sales of Versace as a brand slumped in Thailand due to Chalerm's preference for wearing Versace is simply untrue; the sales slump and his comment on preferred clothing brand was merely coincidence.

To suggest that the deputy PM has anything other than the country's best interests at heart is deeply disturbing. The fact that a Rolls Royce new from the authorised dealer is approximately starts around 50m which is almost double the price quoted by Chalerm is not any sort of evidence of tax evasion. No doubt the car was, if not belonging to Ai-Puad

a) only here temporarily

cool.png is a custom Rolls Royce with an engine out of a Honda Jazz which is a hybrid

c) belongs to Aphisit

d)

e) requires some sort of oath in front of the Emerald Buddha

Any further accusations are likely to upset a fine and upstanding member of the Thai parliament, and I urge you all to cease and desist with this viscious personal and unfounded attack. Do you know who my grandfather is*?

* no really, do you know, as I forgot.

sarcasm-1_zps37d529ef.gif

it appears to be a Bentley to me. Think the original news report made a mistake calling it a Rolls.

The vehicle in question is a Rolls Royce (it's in addition to his pink Bentley).

news_img_511794_1.jpg

The front plate is illegal it's been cut top& bottom to fit the surround should be enough to throw the DSI off the scentlaugh.png

• Like 1

I was having my car worked on last week and the mechanic was fixing a BMW 740i with a red plate. It had 110,000 Kilometers already on it with a gas conversion.

The red plate system seems to have been created to enable corruption.

It was perhaps naive, to think that PTP might tell Tart & the DSI to go after the rich owners of super-cars, without expecting questions to be raised about their own more-modest (?) sets-of-wheels ! Posted Image

Definitely a fun thread, well worth following, Posted Image

It's like a Mills & Boon novel - we all know the ending

I think it is disgraceful that they are investigating a man of such integrity. Posted Image

Indeed - some people are above such trivia as rule of law. I know, let's talk about the reconciliation Bill. Seems to pre-occupy the Government so this issue can be pushed into the sidings.

How many years will it take DSI to 'fully investigate' the issue?

What I would like to know is where dearest Chalerm got the money to buy these cars? What's his salary as a Pol.Col or whatever?

100k THB a month does not afford you a Bentley. Even at a discount.

Oh, how I wish some one could do a Thomas Beckett.

Make no mistake, this guy is way worse than Mr. T.

• Like 2

What I would like to know is where dearest Chalerm got the money to buy these cars? What's his salary as a Pol.Col or whatever?

Just look at his declaration of assets if you want the answer - LOL

Chalerm lambasts move to probe his Rolls Royce

PM Yingluck says losing 37 year Don Mueang constituency 'not a big loss'

These clowns really are hilarious.

Corrupt as and shameless to boot.

As for trying to save face, it's gotta be the lamest thing out there.....just makes ya look like a bigger dork.

Edited by nottocus
  • Like 1

No - they are two peas in a pod, both corrupt, both arrogant - but Thaksin is evil on a grander scale.

Just look at his declaration of assets if you want the answer - LOL

Chalerm Yoobamrung with Bt178 million

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Plodprasop-is-richest-minister-30166401.html

I don't suppose it ever occurred to him to present the paperwork for his vehicles for inspection, thus short-circuiting the rumours/gossip?

His first response, as always, "Do you know who I am?"

• Like 1

You're right. No one messes with Khun Chalerm. Even Mr T. is afraid of him. Whenever TS is visiting a major Asian city to allow his PTP followers to pay homage to him he is known to switch off his cellphone and hide in one of the hotel's broom cupboards when he hears that Chalerm has shown up in the same city demanding an audience.

• Like 1

news_img_511794_1.jpg

Amply rewarded for his 27 years of public service as a politician.