Thai Baht drops to 30.73 per dollar on back of intimated end of Federal Reserve stimulus.

Sure they can drive the markets in the directions they want without having to actually do anything, just talk about it.

This is a good trend for Thailand's exports.

True but its a better party smile.png with a strong local currency and consumer driven growth.

I really don't think any country in the world wants a strong currency right now,certainly not export-driven ones like Thailand and New Zealand for instance!

I know what you are saying but look at it this way: if the majority of a countries economy is domestic spending, then to my way of thinking, it would fare a little better during recessions than those nations overly dependent on exports. In the early stage of development, exports can really jump start a nations road to prosperit. But as that country matures, they usually become more reliant on domestic consumer spending. Here in Thailand, a weaker baht means higher energy prices- and energy is a core cost component of just about every consumable product. A weak currency can also "import" inflation, as in the previous energy example.

Even export king China is supposedly planning to resettle 250 million rural farmers in to mega cities. Why? To stimulate domestic spending, leading to a more sustainable long term growth rate.

Just sayin smile.png

xe.com is posting a Yankee $ will fetch 31.17 Thai Baht. Whooo hooo! (June 20 rate)

Edited by Lancelot

while warning them against borrowing money to make huge investments.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2013-06-20 footer_n.gif

Unless it's a 2.2 trillion-baht 50-year loan for dubious infrastructure-improvements, of course. wink.pngrolleyes.gif

I have told you all what is going to happen Soros has planed this He wants the Baht to be 45 to dollar and the SET at 600 The Govt need interpol to stop this
I see men in white coats approaching. Yes dear, they really are Interpol. No dear Mr Soros is not laughing at you.

FYI

over and out

best of luck

"Declining C waves are devastating in their destruction. There is virtually no place to hide except cash. Illusions evaporate, and fear takes over."

Elliott Wave Principle, 1978

Third wave,always the longest and highest/lowest!Not an Elliottician myself but have used it many,many times before.

• Like 1

nntlogo.jpg

Unless it's a 2.2 trillion-baht 50-year loan for dubious infrastructure-improvements, of course. wink.pngrolleyes.gif

I have told you all what is going to happen Soros has planed this He wants the Baht to be 45 to dollar and the SET at 600 The Govt need interpol to stop this

confirmed! last saturday Soros got very annoyed when he saw what bar fines are demanded in Soi 6. he then vowed to bring the Baht down. that he is also after the SET is an unconfirmed rumour originating in Walking Street.

• Like 2

FYI

over and out

best of luck

"Declining C waves are devastating in their destruction. There is virtually no place to hide except cash. Illusions evaporate, and fear takes over."

Elliott Wave Principle, 1978

why do i always associate Elliott with idiot? huh.png

nntlogo.jpg

confirmed! last saturday Soros got very annoyed when he saw what bar fines are demanded in Soi 6. he then vowed to bring the Baht down. that he is also after the SET is an unconfirmed rumour originating in Walking Street.

George Soros,the man who broke Nana Plaza!laugh.png

• Like 1