Dream come true

Hello, my name is Joseph and I'm 24 from Israel.

I was twice the Kingdom of Thailand on vacation, once before and once again the military after military service. I must say that really fall in love Thailand and I want to emigrate there if it's long term or to even go for good!

Today I'm after military service in the IDF (3 years) and I am looking for a job in Thailand. Whether it is necessary to send life satisfaction.

Thanks in advance Yossi.

• Like 1

Shalom.

Well, the legal options are somewhat limited.

If you can self fund, you could stay for years studying Thai part time. (Education visa.)

Or if you have special skills you could seek employment.

If you don't have special skills that a Thai couldn't do, that's much much tougher.

Teaching English is of course common but assuming you're not a native speaker, you wouldn't be ideal for that, but if you're interested having a college degree would help a lot.

If you have the resources opening a business (and employing Thais) might be the brightest hope but of course requires a substantial investment.

I think most people would rate your chances are not so good here based at least on what you've written so far, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't explore the possibilities.

In any case, Mazel Tov, it's good to have dreams!

Edited by Jingthing

I IDF intelligence unit a year and a half and after then another year and a half I was a security guard military facilities. Leaving the army I worked for two years in a hotel.

The idea of ​​starting a business in Thailand is the real dream. Can you help me and tell me about what I need financial investment (roughly)??

There are people here who can inform on the investment levels needed to open a legal business here, visa-wise. Not me though. There is also the other forum here about jobs and business. I guess a start would be coming up with some ideas of the kind of business you would interested in doing.

My advice is to hold on to your feeling and learn more about what you want to do in Thailand.

Nice to see someone is happy and is writing about this feeling here.thumbsup.gif .

I think your first step should be to extend your holiday to Thailand to more then 1 month.

• Like 2

On the education question, I don't believe there is a specific education requirement to start a business in Thailand. There are other requirements of course.

For employment, education requirements would vary based on the position sought.

Thailand of course is no paradise, but it's quite normal for future expats to first go through an early phase of attraction to Thailand that's focused mainly on its attractions.

yossi when you wake up from your dream you are liable to have nightmares if you think you can make it here at your age,unless you have a bottomless pit of money,money,money and more money then live the dream.

• Like 1

Thailand realy does need peoples with no moral. Here you can may put real democrats down!

But not as you do at home from very far away in other countrys. But they will be civilians too, as isarael is used too !

Edited by Somrak

The OP is one individual looking for happiness in life like most young people everywhere. Nothing more, nothing less. I wouldn't bet a lot that Thailand will work out for him, but as we all know, there are some unlikely success stories of expats in Thailand, so it CAN happen.

Here's a million dollar idea.

How about a hummous factory targeted at expats?

In Pattaya, there is a restaurateur selling a good portion of hummous at at least one grocery store for 99 baht.

This competes with an imported Israeli/American brand "Sabra", less volume, but priced at 240 baht.

The Thai made hummous doesn't have authentic taste, the oil doesn't taste right and you can't even taste tahini.

The imported stuff though much more expensive is a much superior product.

So how about a factory selling authentic taste hummous mass marketed to expat groceries priced more friendly than the imports?

Before you scoff, a man migrated to America not long ago with almost no money, and started a Greek Yogurt business. Now it is a massive business empire.

That's just one idea.

One thing I've noticed about Thailand is that the local business people are not CREATIVE enough. So many businesses here are COPY businesses, done to death until the market is drained. Creative expats have an edge that way, more open to try NEW things.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

It's real easy to fall in love with Thailand as a single (or married) man. The attractions make you feel like a king.

That's the way it made me feel decades ago when first visiting Thailand while in the military and I told myself I would like to live here. However, it took me several more decades to reach that dream as I needed to go back to my home country to complete my education and work life career which allowed me to retire early in life by providing the pensions/savings that I now have to comfortably live in Thailand.

Try to suppress the hormones a little in favor of developing & carrying out a long range education and work career plan....later in life that will make hormones happy and secure in life....possibly in Thailand or many other countries in the world with plentiful attractions.

• Like 2

The OP is one individual looking for happiness in life like most young people everywhere. Nothing more, nothing less. I wouldn't bet a lot that Thailand will work out for him, but as we all know, there are some unlikely success stories of expats in Thailand, so it CAN happen.

In Pattaya, there is a restaurateur selling a good portion of hummous at at least one grocery store for 99 baht.

This competes with an imported Israeli/American brand "Sabra", less volume, but priced at 240 baht.

The Thai made hummous doesn't have authentic taste, the oil doesn't taste right and you can't even taste tahini.

So how about a factory selling authentic taste hummous mass marketed to expat groceries priced more friendly than the imports?

Before you scoff, a man migrated to America not long ago with almost no money, and started a Greek Yogurt business. Now it is a massive business empire.

That's just one idea.

One thing I've noticed about Thailand is that the local business people are not CREATIVE enough. So many businesses here are COPY businesses, done to death until the market is drained. Creative expats have an edge that way, more open to try NEW things.

Yep, you start something new and then get copied, or the landlord sees you are successful and pumps up the rent and you make no profit.

Or copied and copied again until nobody earns more than the basic living costs.

But you would be surprised how much the noodle stands, fried chicken and sticky rice, and tit-tat stalls make in the tourists areas. The English teachers would drop their jaws.....

That's just one idea.

That is a great idea. It would work until the Thais copied it and 10 other shops just like his lined his street, and eventually the biggest poo yai in the area paying immigration police to hassle him, and possibly destroy his business or attempt physical harm on him because he would clearly have better hummous than any of them, just as they would probably make better som tam than he could.

The only real business you can do great at is one that the Thais could not do even with 500 years of evolution. Otherwise, you're swimming upstream.

However, if they couldn't figure out how to make hummous, he would do very well.

I'm talking about Israelis will combine to have a full field of tourism in Thailand (if hotels, Guest House, pubs, clubs and restaurants and it is known that Israelis love to eat Israeli food) and all of what I know and hear going really well for them.

So I thought in this direction.

yossi when you wake up from your dream you are liable to have nightmares if you think you can make it here at your age,unless you have a bottomless pit of money,money,money and more money then live the dream.

Listen I do not know about you but I am a person that if I have a goal, the world will burn and I still go for it. Money is not the problem. Problem I want to first get to Thailand and learn it - if that culture to learn from the beginning to the end, meet people learn the language ... And from there the sky is the limit

• Like 1

Listen I do not know about you but I am a person that if I have a goal, the world will burn and I still go for it. Money is not the problem. Problem I want to first get to Thailand and learn it - if that culture to learn from the beginning to the end, meet people learn the language ... And from there the sky is the limit
sorry yossi if i came over a bit harsh but after 30yrs its very,very,very hard for us farangs to score any goals in thailand,you will learn the hard way,there is no easy way keep on dreaming.

sorry yossi if i came over a bit harsh but after 30yrs its very,very,very hard for us farangs to score any goals in thailand,you will learn the hard way,there is no easy way keep on dreaming.

I'll tell you my personal story ... I was 19, a boy of 19 years, took me to an undesired war., Without too many questions and it was one that served my commanders came to me and makes me Yossi tomorrow you will stand in Gaza!! (In Gaza in 2008 do not know if you heard about the operation that was there, called operation Cast Lead.) if I could get out of there alive I do not believe that today has served can stop me. now there is no such thing as "easy way" all the way learn and understand the hard way.'s life.

I'll tell you my personal story ... I was 19, a boy of 19 years, took me to an undesired war., Without too many questions and it was one that served my commanders came to me and makes me Yossi tomorrow you will stand in Gaza!! (In Gaza in 2008 do not know if you heard about the operation that was there, called operation Cast Lead.) if I could get out of there alive I do not believe that today has served can stop me. now there is no such thing as "easy way" all the way learn and understand the hard way.'s life.

Forget that meaningless philosophical twaddle. Get your life in order.