Networking Troubles

buckscrape

I have two units which I am trying to hook up so they can be accessed through the network, not so easy, these need to have assigned IP addresses which will not be accepted. I have tried in the utilities section of the cd that came with the units to change but with no luck.

Brother tells me I need a crossover cable to unlock IP address in the machine.

Anyone have these problems before, I just need some help. I am not totally illiterate but I need help.

I have two units which I am trying to hook up so they can be accessed through the network, not so easy, these need to have assigned IP addresses which will not be accepted. I have tried in the utilities section of the cd that came with the units to change but with no luck.

Brother tells me I need a crossover cable to unlock IP address in the machine.

Anyone have these problems before, I just need some help. I am not totally illiterate but I need help.

Ok, start off with the manuals --

Page 26 of the Quick-Start Guide shows how to set the ip address, page 28 shows how to put it back to defaults when it all goes pear-shaped.

Page 7-2 of the Network User Guide tells you how to set the ip address via the control panel of the printer (probably easier for your situation).

If you don't have the manuals get them from :-

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/p...flang=all&dlid=

Hope this is of some help.

BTW :o Welcome to Thaivisa :D

Edited by Crossy