How can foreigners report corruption?

Gone

The NACC is useless as no one there speaks English. Unless you speak Thai or have a Thai lawyer you are out of luck. Thai lawyers will not help anyways as they do not want to get involved.

When I called the NACC first time I was told by a female that she would text me the email in order to email my full complaint to and they would review it and decide weather I had a legitimate case or not. She did say that my case was for sure a legit one. Oh yes I can speak Thai but cannot write Thai so this is what I needed. Anyways, she never text me and I have called her number back for the past 4 weeks but now no answer.

You would think with the amount or tourists, expats etc. here and them considering Thailand a hub for this that and the other and the Government saying they want to clean up all the corruption that they would have a division for foreigners to report corruption wouldn't you think?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better off creating a Facebook page for it, even the traffic police has threatened to resort to that technique.

That i NOT the way to go true me. Then it becomes "defamation" section 326 & 328 of the Thai Criminal Code.

Also that is a GREAT way to get yourself thrown in jail without bail.

• Like 2

In the past it was certainly a lot more difficult to expose people (ie politician, corrupt official, law enforcement, media) however with today's multi-media access it is becoming much easier (some say too easy) to expose people. It does require one to be factual though and have concrete evidence (of sorts). But if you truly believe the information you have is correct and can prove it, then the social media is the way to go.

Not saying it will be easy, or produce results. Me, if I truly cared if some one was corrupt then I would take this route. But honestly I have lived in and have been a resident in 6 countries (paid taxes, worked, earned a living) and have seen the same thing in everyone of them.

Corruption is no longer and illegal offense. It is one of the several perks of your particular job. Like the Senator Expense Scandal in Canada, it was not illegal they just manipulated the rules to justify the illegal procurement of taxpayers money. Job Perk.

• Like 1

Wow yet another foreigner who thinks he figured it out. Go to the temple, ask the monk to say a few prayers and change your religion. Maybe it makes you understand that everybody is allowed one vice. Don't stick your nose in things that are non of your business. You have the wrong color and wrong nationality. The boomerang you are about to throw will come back to behead you. You must be working with or for a NGO. Good luck changing the world.

How can foreigners report corruption?

Are you suicidal?

1st Get a good bodyguard

2nd You need to pay under-table money to bribe them to proceed with the corruption case

3rd Get good life insurance if you have family

4th Invest in an armoured vehicle

5th Preferable hide and keep a low profile

6th Write your will

7th Arrange your cremation before they do it for you

• Like 1

Easy - the system is not actually designed to be active or respond in anyway, and certainly not for some cheeky farang.

Once you've grasped this point, you'll be fine.

Like the rest of us, grin and bare it. Learn to go with the flow, even if it's a little oderous sometimes.

Remember - you ain't got any rights here and it's simple to get rid of any pesky farang.

You can't buck the system in any country, and most certainly not here!

Cronyism is alive and well and living in Thailand.

"the Government saying they want to clean up all the corruption that they would have a division for foreigners ". Saying is not doing. Regarding a facebook type account and admonition to be factual, I don't think being factual is a defense against anti-defamation law here. Even if charges are true, the loss of face is grounds enough to win a suit against you. Estrada left out one step, which would be "liquidate your assets here and leave country never to return". Then maybe could skip cremation, etc steps

Please do not report any more corruption to the authorities as they have a 100 years backlog in complaints to investigate (i.e., sort, staple, and then file into file number 13 but this process still takes time). Over the last 2 years most of the complaints filed have been complaints from Democrat Party against the Pheu Thai Party; previous few years it was vice versa. This high surge of complaints has simply overwhelmed the authorities and they have run out of corruption complaints filing space, especially since some of their warehousing filing capacity was reallocated to storing rice....and no one needs to file a complaint regarding this reallotment of storage space as the Democrat Party has already filed the complaint. Duplicate complaints just make the complaint storage problem even worst so please don't do it.

Summary: please place in abeyance any additional corruption complaints unit 2113. Thank you.

• Like 2

....you have no rights as a foreigner...

<deleted>, thai have no rights either. when confronted with corruption they pay and go on with their life. one of the many reasons why thai suffer LESS from depression, burn-out, chronic fatuigue, nervous breakdown, etc.

Edited by stickylies
  • Like 1

Why not the OP tells us what actually happened...wai2.gif

Because by doing so here on a public site I would be facing more charges. Let's just say that my passport is being held on a pending charge that is bogus. They only want money and will not give me my PP back until I pay