Son of Bangkok 'Mafioso' threatens lawsuit against ex-girlfriend

webfact

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen on many occasions, over the past 15 years, any number of lower class Thai men literally bashing the tarnation out of some unfortunate Thai female in broad daylight, with no intervention from the local ghouls until she was on the verge of unconsciousness. The police never showed up. Nothing ever came of it. The air cleared and people went back about their own business.

It's only about money. No money, no big deal.

To hell with these rich, spoiled brats (including the stupid girl) over their petty squabbles and sordid, meaningless lives.

• Like 2

Apparently he is also launching a law suit against himself for admitting that he hit her.

And the cop should that she complained to charge himself for impersonating a policeman.

I have every sympathy for the young lady but I suggest that it wasn't a good idea to become involved with a member a family with a reputation such as theirs.

Eons ago my mother's comment on hearing that I had been seen in the company of 'the local bike' told me "you can look in the gutter, but you don't have to pick anything up.'

Has anyone ever met a brave Thai male?

Yes.

They are found in all levels of Thai society.

Rather than existing as brave men throughout their lives they do brave things.

Ad then like all men they slide back into normal lives.

That guy last week who got beaten up when he rescued a girl from a gang of "youths" comes to mind.

Some are environmentalists are killed.

Labor activists have short lives.

Your basic "family man" who loves his family and does everything he can to raise his kids properly is heroic in any society. (I know, because my own father was one of these heroes)

You encounter sleazy douchebags like THIS guy more often however.

He gets face by treating his GF like a possession.

His kind also gain face with their toady-mates by making snide remarks about YOU.

Normal reactions to these remarks is not advised.

Speaking and understanding Thai can get you killed here.

Wonder where he learned this kind of behavior.

Who would be his role models?

Would the color of his T-shirt make one bit of difference?

• Like 2

Thailand at it's very " best " with an admission he knocked his girlfriend around but she's tarnished his reputation by making it public, words fail ! I like the bit he did it because he loved her very much and wanted to stop her flirting, what would he have done if he caught her doing something rather more serious ? I think I can answer my own question as can everyone else.

I'm sure this will make sense to many Thais.

I doesn't matter if it makes sense to Thais; I agree I am sure they all understand it perfectly.

Will Thai people stand up for her? The government has already made itself perfectly clear on the matter; "if a Thai woman is beaten by a thai man she must shut her mouth; if not SHE will go to jail"

No, no thai person will stand up for her in any way that matters.

Why will Thais not protect their women? Very shameful and a big, big loss of face in the eyes of the world.

Thailand at it's very " best " with an admission he knocked his girlfriend around but she's tarnished his reputation by making it public, words fail ! I like the bit he did it because he loved her very much and wanted to stop her flirting, what would he have done if he caught her doing something rather more serious ? I think I can answer my own question as can everyone else.

I doesn't matter if it makes sense to Thais; I agree I am sure they all understand it perfectly.

Will Thai people stand up for her? The government has already made itself perfectly clear on the matter; "if a Thai woman is beaten by a thai man she must shut her mouth; if not SHE will go to jail"

Why will Thais not protect their women? Very shameful and a big, big loss of face in the eyes of the world.

I remember PM Yingluck promising to protect and defend the rights of women in Thailand and although I do realise she changes her mind like a woman surely that statement hasn't become 'inoperative' already?

I agree with the statements that everyone has made.

This lady also deserves justice.

But if that mug (beating) shot of her was taken a few years ago and she didnt report it then, why is she doing so now?

I remember PM Yingluck promising to protect and defend the rights of women in Thailand and although I do realise she changes her mind like a woman surely that statement hasn't become 'inoperative' already?

Now is her opportunity to show what she is made of.........I'm not getting my hopes up

"Previously, a 21 year old woman, who had not disclosed her real name, appeared alongside a representative from a women protection foundation in a press conference detailing the physical abuses that she allegedly suffered during her relationship with Mr. Boonyasit Thammarojpinit, the son of Mr. Pairat Thammarojpinit aka Por Pratunam.

The woman, who gave her name simply as Ploy, said she was beaten and detained by Mr. Boonyasit when he was in bad mood. She said she would file charge against Mr. Boonyasit for intimidation and physical assault, and had sought help from police because she feared reprisals from Mr. Boonyasit. The police had suggested that Ms. Ploy might be placed under a protection program."

My two pence worth.

Just putting a different slant on the story, but could this be another well meaning organization doing more harm than good by not following the proper legal path? Why was she allowed to make the press conference, assisted by a representative from 'a women protection foundation' before charges were made, assuming this organization has legal assistance?

Again, the statement that she has 'sought help' from the police, and that it has been suggested that she 'might be placed under a protection program'. Why would anybody let her proceed without charges being made? Especially when you regard the status of the alleged (yes, not proven) assailant.

Without these charges, then it probably is defamation and will allow this <snip> to never have to set foot in a courtroom.

The above is not trying to put these types of organizations down, IMHO they do a great job for many who would normally remain silent or do not have the resources to pursue their complaints. My question is why they are not more legally savvy?

Well much as my sympathies lie exclusively with the girl, you have to ask why she is still with the scumbag? Or am I missing something here? I presume the relationship is now over, as they are threatening action against each other, or is this just kinky foreplay before they get back together? I hope she can get on with her life without fear of scumbug's violence.

I have seen on many occasions, over the past 15 years, any number of lower class Thai men literally bashing the tarnation out of some unfortunate Thai female in broad daylight, with no intervention from the local ghouls until she was on the verge of unconsciousness. The police never showed up. Nothing ever came of it. The air cleared and people went back about their own business.

It's only about money. No money, no big deal.

To hell with these rich, spoiled brats (including the stupid girl) over their petty squabbles and sordid, meaningless lives.

True.

Why doesn't she just leave him completely. Just be absolutely rid of him?

Apparently, it's not the first time this **** has shown his true colors.

He was married with a famous singer a while ago, huge party and everything. 2 years later, the poor lady was litterally beaten to a pulp (bloody mess, teeth lost, etc...). She managed to get 200m thb for a divorce settlement somehow.

All this according to my gf, so it may not be all correct.

Yes.

They are found in all levels of Thai society.

Rather than existing as brave men throughout their lives they do brave things.

Ad then like all men they slide back into normal lives.

That guy last week who got beaten up when he rescued a girl from a gang of "youths" comes to mind.

Some are environmentalists are killed.

Labor activists have short lives.

Your basic "family man" who loves his family and does everything he can to raise his kids properly is heroic in any society. (I know, because my own father was one of these heroes)

You encounter sleazy douchebags like THIS guy more often however.

He gets face by treating his GF like a possession.

His kind also gain face with their toady-mates by making snide remarks about YOU.

Normal reactions to these remarks is not advised.

Speaking and understanding Thai can get you killed here.

Wonder where he learned this kind of behavior.

Who would be his role models?

Would the color of his T-shirt make one bit of difference?

"Speaking and understanding Thai can get you killed here." Re-he healy??

I apologize as I don't have time to read the whole thread. I just wonder why any self respecting policeman did not arrest this excuse for a man, directly at the press conference. His guilt is established, no lengthy wait required, trial on Monday, bang, clink, see you in two years.

I apologize as I don't have time to read the whole thread. I just wonder why any self respecting policeman did not arrest this excuse for a man, directly at the press conference. His guilt is established, no lengthy wait required, trial on Monday, bang, clink, see you in two years.

"...any self respecting policeman...."rolleyes.gif

"Do you know who my daddy is?"whistling.gif

• Like 1