White masks adamant on rallying at CentralWorld despite ban

Lite Beer

You seems not to understand that tha movie is still based on a historical figure named guy fawkes.. if i follow your path i should be able to wear a funny little adolphe because it based on a cartoon of an angry guy named dolphi

The Guy in the movie is NOTHING to do with Guy Fawkes. Have you even seen the movie? Have you read the writers reviews and their synopsis of the meaning behind the movie? It gets so tiresome on here sometimes explaining the same thing to people over and over again because they cannot be bothered to do even the slightest research.

Yes nothing. Not the name not thr general allure and not even the mustaches.

You should make some researches and understand that the movies and comics Are inspired by guy fawkes...

Incresible you don t even recognize that..

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And who ultimately has responsibility for the security of all people in the Thai Nation? Khun Chalerm me thinks? Congratulations Sir, you having prior knowledge of the possibility of a bombing incident at the rally, would also be responsible for a major failure of security if the bomb goes off - you, have just shot yourself in the foot, well done. For your next trick..............?w00t.gif

You seems not to understand that tha movie is still based on a historical figure named guy fawkes.. if i follow your path i should be able to wear a funny little adolphe because it based on a cartoon of an angry guy named dolphi

The Guy in the movie is NOTHING to do with Guy Fawkes. Have you even seen the movie? Have you read the writers reviews and their synopsis of the meaning behind the movie? It gets so tiresome on here sometimes explaining the same thing to people over and over again because they cannot be bothered to do even the slightest research.

Yes nothing. Not the name not thr general allure and not even the mustaches.

You should make some researches and understand that the movies and comics Are inspired by guy fawkes...

Incresible you don t even recognize that..

So, are you saying that the masks have nothing to do with Guy Fawkes?

Yes nothing. Not the name not thr general allure and not even the mustaches.You should make some researches and understand that the movies and comics Are inspired by guy fawkes...Incresible you don t even recognize that..
So, are you saying that the masks have nothing to do with Guy Fawkes?
You re so funny mates

Not even agree on the fact that movie and comics are inspired by historical guy fawkes...

Thai friend on facebook who are otherwise not shy to post something anti yingluck or anti red to the stream from time to time had also posted detailed explanation why the white mask should not be used with pointing out for what the historical guy fakes stands for.

Thai friend on facebook who are otherwise not shy to post something anti yingluck or anti red to the stream from time to time had also posted detailed explanation why the white mask should not be used with pointing out for what the historical guy fakes stands for.

Good .. so you finally agree guy fawkes is the inspiration of the movie v for vendetta and there is a link between movie and history.... glad you point this

You re so funny mates

Not even agree on the fact that movie and comics are inspired by historical guy fawkes...

Inspired doesn't mean that it is a copy.

Guy Fawkes was going to blow up parliament. V for Vendetta was inspired by this aspect and the movie was about corrupt governments. The mask is from V for Vendetta, therefore the mask is used in protests against (corrupt) governments.

Are you suggesting that bring down the monarchy of the US? Wait, there isn't one. What are they protesting for then? Maybe it's about governments.

When developing the idea, Lloyd wrote a handwritten note: "Why don't we portray him as a resurrected Guy Fawkes, complete with one of those papier-mâché masks, in a cape and a conical hat? He'd look really bizarre and it would give Guy Fawkes the image he's deserved all these years. We shouldn't burn the chap every Nov. 5th but celebrate his attempt to blow up Parliament!" Moore commented that, due to Lloyd's idea, "All of the various fragments in my head suddenly fell into place, united behind the single image of a Guy Fawkes mask."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_mask

Edited by whybother

You re so funny matesNot even agree on the fact that movie and comics are inspired by historical guy fawkes...

Inspired doesn't mean that it is a copy.Guy Fawkes was going to blow up parliament. V for Vendetta was inspired by this aspect and the movie was about corrupt governments. The mask is from V for Vendetta, therefore the mask is used in protests against (corrupt) governments.Are you suggesting that bring down the monarchy of the US? Wait, there isn't one. What are they protesting for then? Maybe it's about governments.
who saod it was a copy? I just pointes that the mask is linked to somebody who at first was known for his anti monarchy action and should know that before using such figure and i m sure most of the white masks do not even know this fact and some may discover that such link may be a bit strange for Thailand.

You re so funny mates

Inspired doesn't mean that it is a copy.

Guy Fawkes was going to blow up parliament. V for Vendetta was inspired by this aspect and the movie was about corrupt governments. The mask is from V for Vendetta, therefore the mask is used in protests against (corrupt) governments.

Are you suggesting that bring down the monarchy of the US? Wait, there isn't one. What are they protesting for then? Maybe it's about governments.

When developing the idea, Lloyd wrote a handwritten note: "Why don't we portray him as a resurrected Guy Fawkes, complete with one of those papier-mâché masks, in a cape and a conical hat? He'd look really bizarre and it would give Guy Fawkes the image he's deserved all these years. We shouldn't burn the chap every Nov. 5th but celebrate his attempt to blow up Parliament!" Moore commented that, due to Lloyd's idea, "All of the various fragments in my head suddenly fell into place, united behind the single image of a Guy Fawkes mask."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_mask
Thanks for the author quote saying RESURECTED GUY FAWKES.... meaning even him know he was inspired by history..

No need to link wikipedia links as it s you who seems to not understand what i m saying..

I m glad you like this movie and comics tho and admire your devotion for them

I'm at Central World, and I saw the rambling... But at the beginnings... compared to the redshirts this crowd is a joke,... unfortunately they'll be up against 90% of the red delta force army of rice farmers, crony Thaksin supporters.. and those few million Guy Fawkes dudes are gonna get their asses kicked against the million folds of Thaksin supporters.

You re so funny matesNot even agree on the fact that movie and comics are inspired by historical guy fawkes...

Inspired doesn't mean that it is a copy.Guy Fawkes was going to blow up parliament. V for Vendetta was inspired by this aspect and the movie was about corrupt governments. The mask is from V for Vendetta, therefore the mask is used in protests against (corrupt) governments.Are you suggesting that bring down the monarchy of the US? Wait, there isn't one. What are they protesting for then? Maybe it's about governments.
who saod it was a copy? I just pointes that the mask is linked to somebody who at first was known for his anti monarchy action and should know that before using such figure and i m sure most of the white masks do not even know this fact and some may discover that such link may be a bit strange for Thailand.

The movie wasn't based on Guy Fawkes. The mask was inspired by Guy Fawkes attempt to blow up parliament, and has nothing to do with Guy Fawkes anti-monarch stance.

It is nothing to do with being anti-monarchy. There are also many kings in history who have been bad bastards who many people tried to kill. King James was a bad bastard. He was burning all the catholics at the stake, they were not allowed to own a business and they were not allowed to own arms. Is it any wonder someone tried to blow him up. Now for the last frakking time, the mask in V for Vendetta does not stand for the historical Guy Fawkes figure. I am sure if a mask of Barbie would have looked menacing enough they may well have used that. Now please give it up and lets move on.

I am exiting the thread on the premise of never let a fool drag you down to their level.

• Like 1

Thanks for the author quote saying RESURECTED GUY FAWKES.... meaning even him know he was inspired by history..

No need to link wikipedia links as it s you who seems to not understand what i m saying..

The idea is to read the whole quote, not pick out words that fit what you think it means.

As per Scott's post, we'll have to leave it with you misunderstanding what the creators of the mask have said.

The idea is to read the whole quote, not pick out words that fit what you think it means.

As per Scott's post, we'll have to leave it with you misunderstanding what the creators of the mask have said.

Why bother?

• Like 1

If any one wants to really find out what the masks mean (rather than making repetitive silly comments) - they are a symbol which has been adopted by groups world wide who want to protest against their government.

It is currently being used in Brazil by some of the protestors there and has been seen in Istanbul in the current protests there too.

The local V-mask group are just doing the same.

• Like 1

Tedious doesn't do it justice. In an attempt to drag this thread slightly more to the topic- I seem to remember Central suffered badly from the red shirt riots for being on 'the wrong side', might that explain their reticence to get in the middle again?

• Like 2

Government Spokesman Teerat Ratanasevi said Yingluck had instructed security officials to keep a close watch on the rally sites.

Then unleash the Reds to do as much harm to the people as possible. PTP has already harmed the country at a level that can't be counted..

Ti mark my point just answer this: are the comic and movie have a link to historical guy fawkes? Does the mask used has any ressemblance with the historical guy fawkes paintings and drawings? I understandyou people say the movement is based on goverment contestation and not the historical figure but it s still Strongly connected to the original on

?

• Like 1

It is nothing to do with being anti-monarchy. There are also many kings in history who have been bad bastards who many people tried to kill. King James was a bad bastard. He was burning all the catholics at the stake, they were not allowed to own a business and they were not allowed to own arms. Is it any wonder someone tried to blow him up. Now for the last frakking time, the mask in V for Vendetta does not stand for the historical Guy Fawkes figure. I am sure if a mask of Barbie would have looked menacing enough they may well have used that. Now please give it up and lets move on.

I am exiting the thread on the premise of never let a fool drag you down to their level.

can't own business...can't own arms?...maybe guy fawkes is back on the side of the farangs in Thailand this time!!

• Like 2

can't own business...can't own arms?...maybe guy fawkes is back on the side of the farangs in Thailand this time!!

Sounds to me like some one didn't do their due diligence on Thailand before moving here.

UPDATE:

Thailand 'white mask' protesters rally in Bangkok

BANGKOK, June 24, 2013 (AFP) - Hundreds of anti-government protesters -- many wearing white masks -- converged on Bangkok's shopping district, Thai police said Sunday, in a reminder of the kingdom's political divisions.

The demonstration by the 'V for Thailand' movement -- an enigmatic protest group spawned over social media whose supporters wear the masks of comic book hero 'V' -- was the fourth this month outside the CentralWorld complex in the heart of the city.

"There were about 1,500 white mask protesters attended a protest," Deputy Metropolitan police chief Parinya Jansuriya said, adding the protest -- which lasted several hours -- was "peaceful."

Thailand has been plagued by political divisions and sometimes violent street protests involving so-called 'Red Shirt' supporters of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra -- and her self-exiled brother Thaksin -- and 'Yellow Shirts' who support the pro-establishment opposition.

Several other protest groups have sprung up in recent months protesting against the government of Yingluck and the influence of her brother, who is seeking a return to the kingdom but faces jail over corruption.

Little is known about the leaders or political allegiances of V for Thailand, but the group has swiftly developed a major social media profile railing against the government and Thaksin.

The group's Facebook page says it represents "people power" urging peaceful opposition to "parliamentary monopoly and corruption".

In a film version of the comic strip called 'V for Vendetta', white masks are distributed to encourage people to rise against a fictional dictator.

Thailand is still recovering from street protests by Red Shirts in 2010 that culminated in a bloody crackdown by security forces.

About 90 people were killed and nearly 1,900 wounded in a series of clashes in May 2010 between demonstrators and security forces.

Courts have ruled that some protesters were killed by security forces, leading to charges of murder being laid against then-Prime Minister and current opposition leader Abhisit Vejjajiva -- accusations he strenuously denies.

A trial of 24 Red Shirt leaders on terrorism charges began in December but four of them enjoy immunity as they are now lawmakers, so the case is expected to take years to complete during breaks in the parliamentary session.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2013-06-24