Ecuador 'analysing' Snowden asylum request: FM

webfact

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are flights on Mondays and Thursdays. So maybe he's on the plane today afternoon local time. Hope he can make it. No direct flies to Venezuela though.

No worries. There are plenty of flights to Caracas via Miami, the capital of Latin America. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

We need to stop countries like Ecuador money. This is a good thing. Now I am really hoping Snowden some how makes it to Ecuador and they let him stay. Alas, we will just problem ending giving them billions more like we did to North Korea. US poloticiians are pusses.

You should check facts & figures instead of using sensationalism.

You may be surprised how little money the US gives Ecuador

Last one I could find was 6 million in 2008

Compare that to the ones in the list of which you will need to scroll way

down to find Ecuador

http://us-foreign-aid.findthedata.org/

Also do not think the US does not enjoy preferential treatment from Ecuador as well

as receive close to 400,000 barrels of oil per day

Yes that may only be 5% of the USA's need but it is not easily replaced.

attachicon.gifoil.jpg

Perhaps get your facts a straight if calling someone out on those facts. We gave Ecuador $ 26,500,000.00 last year and $ 25,1000,000.00 the year before. We have already given them $ 9,700,000.00 through the first few months of this year.

http://foreignassistance.gov/OU.aspx?OUID=225&FY=2012&AgencyID=0&budTab=tab_Bud_Spent

This article discuses how we should deal with Ecuador if Snowden allowed to remain in Ecuador:

"During the past 50 years, USAID, the main American foreign aid agency, has given millions of dollars for education and economic growth. In the past five years alone, Ecuador has received $144.4 million."

As a tax payer that actually pays a decent amount in the tax system, I would much rather sent my spent at home where it is needed than propping up countries that need to learn to take care of themselves.
We don't need to give millions of dollars away to buy oil. They will sell that to us anyway.
Edited by F430murci

Perhaps get your facts a straight if calling someone out on those facts. We gave Ecuador $ 26,500,000.00 last year and $ 25,1000,000.00 the year before.We have already given them $ 9,700,000.00 through the first few months of this year.

Sensational how you write it out to the cents ;)

26 million is peanuts & nowhere near the billions you tried to imply

9 million this year pfft laugh.png

Go look at countries the billions were given to countries that do fine on their own.

See who they are

http://foreignassistance.gov/countryIntro.aspx

But I do believe the USA should give $$$ to none at all.

Food, meds....sure

But $$$ no, charity begins at home & we are broke

Edited by mania

Perhaps get your facts a straight if calling someone out on those facts. We gave Ecuador $ 26,500,000.00 last year and $ 25,1000,000.00 the year before.

Go look at countries the billions given to countries that do fine on their own.

See who they are

Food, meds....sure

I did not imply anything. Reread what I originally wrote. The issue is what your mind tells you when you read things is not consistent with reality or the drafter's intent.

$ 9,000,000.00 this year up to what month? Nice how you cut that out of may statement you quoted so you could misstate facts and what I wrote. You are very deceptive.

Even $ 5,000,000 to a bunch of little countries adds up and I would prefer the money spent at home.

Edited by F430murci

Perhaps get your facts a straight if calling someone out on those facts. We gave Ecuador $ 26,500,000.00 last year and $ 25,1000,000.00 the year before.

See who they are

Food, meds....sure

I did not imply anything. Reread what I originally wrote. The issue is what your mind tells you when you read things is not consistent with reality or the drafter's intent.

$ 9,000,000.00 this year up to what month? Nice how you cut that out of may statement you quoted so you could misstate facts and what I wrote. You are very deceptive.

Even $ 5,000,000 to a bunch of little countries adds up and I would prefer the money spent at home.

With the money being paid to Ecuador, the IRS could have had one, maybe two, employee get togethers at some plush resort.

• Like 2

See who they are

Food, meds....sure

With the money being paid to Ecuador, the IRS could have had one, maybe two, employee get togethers at some plush resort.

Better spent here at a plush resort supporting local businesses than giving away to countries like Ecuador.

So far Equator canceled today the agreement about import-export duties with the US.

Good on them

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/06/27/ecuador-nsa-edward-snowden-asylum-andean-trade-pact-tariff-renounces/2463465/

Ecuador said Thursday it is renouncing a trade pact up for renewal

by the U.S. Congress because it had become a "new instrument of blackmail"

involving the fate of an NSA leaker who has asked for political asylum from the South American country.

• Like 1

So far Equator canceled today the agreement about import-export duties with the US.

Good on them

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/06/27/ecuador-nsa-edward-snowden-asylum-andean-trade-pact-tariff-renounces/2463465/

involving the fate of an NSA leaker who has asked for political asylum from the South American country.

The US started a circus about something that was actually not a secret. I think it bothers them most that MSM jumped on this. Now they try to bring them into their mind-control linage again.

If Obama would have half the courage for justice and truth things would look better for the US.

it's like "Obama sit down and listen to your teacher"

In a pointed jab at Washington over Snowden's revelations on data-gathering by NSA, Alavarez said Ecuador offered $23 million per year to the United States to finance human rights training.

He said the money would be aimed at helping "avoid violations of privacy, torture and other actions that are denigrating to humanity."

• Like 1

Good on them

In a pointed jab at Washington over Snowden's revelations on data-gathering by NSA, Alavarez said Ecuador offered $23 million per year to the United States to finance human rights training.

He said the money would be aimed at helping "avoid violations of privacy, torture and other actions that are denigrating to humanity."

biggrin.pngclap2.gif

Edited by lannarebirth

Good on them

Sounds like a case of you can't fire me, I QUIT! cheesy.gif

Correa, little man from a little country trying to make a global impression.

The Obama administration will probably try to increase the pressure on Equador and lose further face on the world stage.

I'd take the 23mil $$$ offer per year. biggrin.png It is for the real issue.

Edited by wealth

Wife says Russia media reporting they have an "American spy" at airport. Won't arrest him and he may go to Cuba. Not much reporting there at all.

William Hill, the global wagering house in the UK asked the question of wagers where Edward Snowden will be New Year's Day 2014.

The wagering line is 7 to 4 to be in Cuba, 3 - 1, the United States, 4 to 1 to be in Equador

The Equador odds however were before yesterday's statement by the Ecuadorian FM that it will take at least two months to process Snowden's application for asylum. Now the Equadorian FM has toughened the requirement, saying Snowdon has to apply from Equadorian soil (in Equador, at an Equadorian embassy etc). I'd bet (so to speak) the odds now are 10-1 against Equador, but right now I'm too lazy to look them up.

Meanwhile, here's a travel situation report on Snowden's "dwindling" escape options from Moscow:

NO WAY OUT: Snowden's Escape Options Are Dwindling

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/snowden-has-few-travel-options-2013-6#ixzz2XR56RFe6

And Prez Obama seems confidently laid back about it all - I mean nabbing Snowden sooner or later:

OBAMA ON SNOWDEN: 'I'm Not Going To Be Scrambling Jets To Get A 29-Year-Old Hacker'

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-edward-snowden-scrambling-jets-hacker-2013-6#ixzz2XR6aJWFz

And here's one on how Snowden really blew it, first by trusting the Boyz In Beijing, second, by trusting the former Soviet KGB colonel, Vladimir Putin. A witness in the following story reports seeing about 20 Russian intelligence officers around Snowden in the airport transit area.

How Edward Snowden May Have Botched Blowing The Whistle On The World's Largest Spy Agency

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/edward-snowden-screwed-up-big-time-2013-6#ixzz2XR8agIHp

As I'd noted before, Snowden made the decision to place his person in the hands of complete strangers in different countries in different parts of the world, all of whom are hostile towards the US and all the while with the US hot on his trail. Quoting Albert Ho, Snowden's Hong Kong attorney, “He’s a kid, I really think he’s a kid, I think he never anticipated this would be such a big matter in Hong Kong.”

Snowden just keeps shooting himself in the, well, private parts. Snowden is stupid or unbalanced or both.

Edited by Publicus
  • Like 1

Good on them

Sounds more like a little man from a little country standing up to a big bully.

Wife says Russia media reporting they have an "American spy" at airport. Won't arrest him and he may go to Cuba. Not much reporting there at all.

William Hill, the global wagering house in the UK asked the question of wagers where Edward Snowden will be New Year's Day 2014.

The wagering line is 7 to 4 to be in Cuba, 3 - 1, the United States, 4 to 1 to be in Equador

The Equador odds however were before yesterday's statement by the Ecuadorian FM that it will take at least two months to process Snowden's application for asylum. Now the Equadorian FM has toughened the requirement, saying Snowdon has to apply from Equadorian soil (in Equador, at an Equadorian embassy etc). I'd bet (so to speak) the odds now are 10-1 against Equador, but right now I'm too lazy to look them up.

Meanwhile, he's a travel situation report on Snowden's "dwindling" escape options from Moscow:

NO WAY OUT: Snowden's Escape Options Are Dwindling

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/snowden-has-few-travel-options-2013-6#ixzz2XR56RFe6

And Prez Obama seems confidently laid back about it all - I mean nabbing Snowden sooner or later:

OBAMA ON SNOWDEN: 'I'm Not Going To Be Scrambling Jets To Get A 29-Year-Old Hacker'

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-edward-snowden-scrambling-jets-hacker-2013-6#ixzz2XR6aJWFz

And here's one on how Snowden really blew it, first by trusting the Boyz In Beijing, second, by trusting the former Soviet KGB colonel, Vladimir Putin. A witness in the following story reports seeing about 20 Russian intelligence officers around Snowden in the airport transit area.

How Edward Snowden May Have Botched Blowing The Whistle On The World's Largest Spy Agency

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/edward-snowden-screwed-up-big-time-2013-6#ixzz2XR8agIHp

As I'd noted before, Snowden made the decision to place his person in the hands of complete strangers in different countries in different parts of the world, all of whom are hostile towards the US and all the while with the US hot on his trail. Quoting Albert Ho, Snowden's Hong Kong attorney, “He’s a kid, I really think he’s a kid, I think he never anticipated this would be such a big matter in Hong Kong.”

Snowden just keeps shooting himself in the, well, private parts. Snowden is stupid or unbalanced or both.

And the relevance to what the US Govt did is?????

I don't care if he was a mass murderer. No matter how hard you try to make him look stupid, and you are a try hard, it doesn't matter.

This is about what the Govt is doing. If Snowden was Hitler incarnate it still doesn't lessen what the Govt is doing to it's own people and the rest of the world.

It was the over-reaction of the government administration in the US that guided him into this mess. On purpose?

Better they give him his passport and let him go and find other ways to deal with it. Nobody with common sense would ever extradite this man.

This is the only way to get face again.

Such a deer-hunt for almost nothing and the shocking thing is how many blindly join this.

I'm certain there will be a big surprise coming within the next 24 hours. One that is in Snowden's favor. At least to really deal with the shortcomings from within in every aspect... there's no way around ...

Edited by wealth

Stuck in the Moscow airport transit lounge for life? That would seem a very apt fate.

It's interesting that the Snowden affair is giving so much pleasure to people who are anti-American.

I don't really see how any patriotic American can admire this man who has damaged his own country.

Its one thing to criticize your country; it's another to help foreign powers who want to harm your own country.

Imagine what Putin would think of a fellow Russian who acted that way towards Mother Russia!

Edited by Jingthing

It was the over-reaction of the government administration in the US that guided him into this mess. On purpose?

Better they give him his passport and let him go and find other ways to deal with it. Nobody with common sense would ever extradite this man.

This is the only way to get face again.

Such a deer-hunt for almost nothing and the shocking thing is how many blindly join this.

I'm certain there will be a big surprise coming within the next 24 hours. One that is in Snowden's favor. At least to really deal with the shortcomings from within in every aspect... there's no way around ...

Could you be even a little bit transparent?

Stuck in the Moscow airport transit lounge for life? That would seem a very apt fate.

It's interesting that the Snowden affair is giving so much pleasure to people who are anti-American.

You're welcome to criticise my government any time you like. They deserve it. If you do I promise I won't assume you're anti-British.

Greenwald: Snowden’s Files Are Out There if ‘Anything Happens’ to Him

by Eli Lake

Jun 25, 2013 1:36 PM EDT
Snowden has shared encoded copies of all the documents he took so that they won’t disappear if he does, Glenn Greenwald tells Eli Lake.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/06/25/greenwald-snowden-s-files-are-out-there-if-anything-happens-to-him.html

You're welcome to criticise my government any time you like. They deserve it. If you do I promise I won't assume you're anti-British.

And say anything derogatory about the Aussie govt and you will hear nothing but agreement.

Don't get him wrong, it's not America he's defending, it's this government. He's a political animal first. So short sighted to see that his worst political enemies are just licking their chops to get their hands on the same abusive power his political friends enjoy now. THEN it will be evil of course.

No, such partisanship ends at the borders, mate.