Whats the Latest about UK Premier League Football

Pdavies99

Forgive my lack of knowledge, but could someone explain the advantages (if any) of satellite over cable installation for CTH as I have ordered the Cable package but everyone seems to be getting Satellite....the only difference that I can see is there are 142 channels (cable) compared to 115 channels (satellite).

Also not sure if this has been covered but is there any info regarding commentary for CTH premiership matches i.e. English or Thai?

Thanks in advance.

Only reason is that only people on Sophon cable can get CTH through cable.

So if you don't have cable (or of a different cable supplier), you're stuck with going for satellite.

Also, not sure the cable receivers are already actually available, the satellite reveivers now seem to be in stock at least for a while and being installed.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Thai friend called CTH today and the rep told her they were not charging more for business premises, so it seems the reps are giving out conflicting info

I'm sorry but you are mis-advised....CTH are charging more for business premises and they are issuing a price list (In Thai only) which the price actually varies according to TV screen size (!m serious!). This starts at 1500 baht monthly.

Been informed today that there will be an extra charge per TV and projector if displaying to the public in bars or restaurants etc. basically an additional monthly amount ..

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

CTH are charging more for business premises and they are issuing a price list (In Thai only) which the price actually varies according to TV screen size (!m serious!). This starts at 1500 baht monthly.

Just ordered my CTH satellite thingy, coming in 5 days. 899 THB a month for 140 channels and ALL the football live.

True Visions SACKED..!!

142 channels is with cable,satelite is about 115, i got muddled up with that.The office now has copies of the satelite programmes.

Been following this thread with interest even though I'm not a big football fan.

Re. the last post, Astro Supersport 2 show some Championship matches and it is currently on Sophon. Schedule here :-

http://www.livesoccertv.com/channels/astro-supersport-2

Re. the Premiership, Setanta (Ireland) have rights to broadcast & I have seen some bars showing this channel. Am unsure as to how it is obtained though, I would guess a subscription to their online site, hence the internet + a pretty good download speed.

A Thai friend called CTH today and the rep told her they were not charging more for business premises, so it seems the reps are giving out conflicting info

I'm sorry but you are mis-advised....CTH are charging more for business premises and they are issuing a price list (In Thai only) which the price actually varies according to TV screen size (!m serious!). This starts at 1500 baht monthly.

Spoke to a bar owner in Hua Hin last night who confirmed that he was being charged more, he said when he rang up they gave him a price but when they arrived to install it they saw it was a business and told him the price per month would be more

NEWSFLASH: for 2016 GMM bought the rights - than everybody need a GMM -Box cheesy.gif what a farce. Or was that for the world-cup and then you need two? This is a bit like Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Storage jars Satellite dishes from La Pas. biggrin.png

Edited by JakeBKK

NEWSFLASH: for 2016 GMM bought the rights - than everybody need a GMM -Box cheesy.gif what a farce. Or was that for the world-cup and then you need two? This is a bit like Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Storage jars Satellite dishes from La Pas. biggrin.png

The Euros and the World Cup normally insist that the matches can also be viewed on 'free-to-air' TV. This was the case in the Euro 2012. Grammy had the rights, but the games were also live on Channels 3/7/9. The controversy was that they wouldn't let the games be shown via Truevisions, so they were blacked out Channels 3/7/11 for anyone who only had True.

It will be interesting to see what happens this time, especially now that CTH is also in the market.

Getting GMZ box is pretty straightforward. They are an easier company to deal with than CTH. World Cup matches are on RS Sun Box, but time delay from Brazil means earliest matches start at midnight and semis and final about 4am. So, most bars will be closed.

Been informed today that there will be an extra charge per TV and projector if displaying to the public in bars or restaurants etc. basically an additional monthly amount ..

CTH are charging more for business premises and they are issuing a price list (In Thai only) which the price actually varies according to TV screen size (!m serious!). This starts at 1500 baht monthly.

Yep your right been told the same by the office ( price to be agreed )

Getting GMZ box is pretty straightforward. They are an easier company to deal with than CTH. World Cup matches are on RS Sun Box, but time delay from Brazil means earliest matches start at midnight and semis and final about 4am. So, most bars will be closed.

More specific:

"Group-stage games will be played at 13.00, 15.00, 16.00, 17.00, 18:00, 19.00 and 21:00 local time, with knockout stage matches at 13.00 and 17.00 local time."

13:00 local time can be either 11pm or 10pm Thailand time, depending on where in Brazil it's played. (They have two time zones, though most will be 11pm I suppose.)

Semis are 3am Thailand time, Final at 2am.

( So these are excellent times actually, they make a great excuse to the Mrs. to come home at dawn. ;) )

• Like 1

Google "CTH struggles to beat kick-off",

was told today that any new customer installations would have a waiting list of at least 30 days!!!!! TIT

Interesting. Went to one shop today and was quoted 2 weeks, 2nd shop said they would do it this weekend. As you say, TIT so I won't get too excited till they actually show up and do the business!

Been following this thread with interest even though I'm not a big football fan.

Re. the last post, Astro Supersport 2 show some Championship matches and it is currently on Sophon. Schedule here :-

http://www.livesoccertv.com/channels/astro-supersport-2

Re. the Premiership, Setanta (Ireland) have rights to broadcast & I have seen some bars showing this channel. Am unsure as to how it is obtained though, I would guess a subscription to their online site, hence the internet + a pretty good download speed.

Thanks for the info

Have checked it out and this weekend Sophon Cable are showing 4 live BPL matches.

More info here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/660394-live-epl-football-on-sophon-cable-this-weekend/

Google "CTH struggles to beat kick-off",

was told today that any new customer installations would have a waiting list of at least 30 days!!!!! TIT

Interesting. Went to one shop today and was quoted 2 weeks, 2nd shop said they would do it this weekend. As you say, TIT so I won't get too excited till they actually show up and do the business!

Mine was installed as promised at the weekend so I don't know what that 30 day wait is all about.

The told my missus on the phone today that they don't service Pong area at the back of Mabprachan (near the motorway).

Can anyone else confirm ?

That's just plain stupid, maybe they don't have cable in Pong but the satellite signal should be available anywhere in Thailand. I ended up going to a local shop opposite the Esso station on Soi Nernplubwaan which had a CTH sign outside. Was installed in 4 days from contacting them, CTH finally called back to schedule installation 5 days after the local guy connected me up.

My advice, don't bother going direct to CTH as they can't cope, find the nearest shop with a CTH sign and contact them.

As soon as it starts to rain I lose my CTH signal. Anyone else have the same problem?

Yes as soon as it starts to rain i lose my Truevisions signal. In fact i often lose it when it doesn't rain. That's why i'm changing to CHT.

What makes you think CTH will be any better?

If the signal degrades during rain, it could means that your installer hasn't point the dish correctly, they might have pointed it at the general direction and it is good enough in sunny days,

but you could get better signal if they aim the dish properly with a signal meter, or at least one guy checking the level from the set top box and yelling at the guy on the roof

Failing that, bigger dish will improve signals