Same same will people never learn

robblok

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One suspects more of the issue is to do with his attitude rather than his attire, and of course in his defense having a baby hanging off your arm can on occassions turn someone into a raving lunatic..

But of course we are in a foreign country and we must attired accordingly, this is why in my household I insist on black tie for dinner and will let the gentlemen loosen their tie when one retires to the veranda for port and cigars, we must keep appearances in front of the natives....tally ho old chap

His (presumably) wife was with him so he could have given the baby to her. I am not much for dressing up and such but Thais seem to like it for these kind of occasions and you are trying to get a service so better get on their good side.

It's been said in other threads and I'll say it here.

Many, but not all, expats are out right low-life rejects in their home country.

They drag their low-life habits to my country for no good reason(s) and it makes me sick to my stomach.

While you are right, id wager to say in general the expats are more educated and have better manners as Thais. Then again there are enough expats that are as you describe.

• Like 1

Who cares, trash with zero education and bg wifes and lunk kreung babies in tow will always be around in Thailand, nothing new there :whistling:

Edited by yoslim

Who cares, trash with zero education and bg wifes and lunk kreung babies in tow will always be around in Thailand, nothing new there :whistling

True, and in general I don't care but its just stupid to act and dress this way when you are dealing with Thai officials. Back in the moo bahn here there is no problem as the Thais themselves are not dressed that great.

• Like 1

They drag their low-life habits to my country for no good reason(s) and it makes me sick to my stomach.

While you are right, id wager to say in general the expats are more educated and have better manners as Thais. Then again there are enough expats that are as you describe.

Yes the ones that consider a clean pair of jeans as dressing up are not far removed from trailer trash basically.smile.png

Yes the ones that consider a clean pair of jeans as dressing up are not far removed from trailer trash basically.smile.png

You should have read before you posted, I said I am not much for dressing up so the minimum would be some decent jeans and a good t shirt. Suit and stuff is dressing up and I did that enough back home when I worked at a stock trading firm and when I worked as an accountant.

Luckily that is not needed here.

• Like 1

Luckily I live somewhere more enlightened; shorts, t-shirt and flip flops are work attire. Around here judging wealth, class or intelligence based on attire and grooming won't get you very far...

• Like 1

On a side note why is it not his mistake because the rules were changed and he didn't know it ?

I pretty much expect the rules to change all the time because the world changes every day .....

It's mistake to not know the rules before you arrive , not a Thai mistake to tell you what they are before you come to the office.

You should have read before you posted, I said I am not much for dressing up so the minimum would be some decent jeans and a good t shirt. Suit and stuff is dressing up and I did that enough back home when I worked at a stock trading firm and when I worked as an accountant.

Luckily that is not needed here.

Just taking the pis.s Rob.

There's some pretty decent jeans out there I agree.

Luckily I live somewhere more enlightened; shorts, t-shirt and flip flops are work attire. Around here judging wealth, class or intelligence based on attire and grooming won't get you very far...

I don't care where you live the Bank Manager is not wearing shorts a t-shirt and flip flops.

On a side note why is it not his mistake because the rules were changed and he didn't know it ?

I pretty much expect the rules to change all the time because the world changes every day .....

It's mistake to not know the rules before you arrive , not a Thai mistake to tell you what they are before you come to the office.

That was not really what I meant they seem to add things without telling. Before I could do my 90 day for instance without copies of my passport and then they changed that at some point. Not that I make a fuzz about that but we are talking about small changes and stupid things.

I had a bank account that kept the money and there was no movement on it (no money coming in or going out) and one of them commented on that while others never had. Stuff like that.

Yes, but it does become ironic when some of my jeans are a lot more expensive than my trousers.

Still, I get round that by not washing or pressing my jeans so they are in their rightful place in the dress code........................wink.png

tongue.png

• Like 1

Since when is being dirty and rude a good reason to be treated differently ?

Answer > since the invention of soap and manners !

No wonder there are so many of these crude characters coming to thailand....bah.gif

Who cares, trash with zero education and bg wifes and lunk kreung babies in tow will always be around in Thailand, nothing new there whistling.gif

yeah those "lunk kreungs", i keep mine in the cellar, had it dug special for her, no mean feat in bangkok.

• Like 1

robblok .. I'll stand by your OP.

Solid as a rock.

Attitude is most things and the person your write about it most likely had the wrong one but ...

But he compounds it by complaining (from your OP) to the wrong person (not the decision maker) ... and by wearing clothes which do not help him.

If we, as Farang are ever going to lift our profile here ... we have to do it by conducting ourselves in a manner which deserves respect.

I'm not saying, for a moment that singlets and shorts are bad attire ... great beach wear and house clothes but, show some respect for those who have to deal with our stay or residence in Thailand.

<deleted> ... what would you think if the person handling your enquiry was sitting there in their pyjamas ?

Sure ... I will cope flack for this post ...

but ... we most often receive the respect we deserve ... lift your game

spent alot of time in thai immigration extending your non-imm B or O have you?

consider this flack "coped"

Edited by joeaverage

Solid as a rock.

spent alot of time in thai immigration extending your non-imm B or O have you?

I'm curious Joe ... what's your inference ... I'm xxxx at reading between the lines ... rolleyes.gif

Edited by metisdead

Solid as a rock.

Attitude is most things and the person your write about it most likely had the wrong one but ...

But he compounds it by complaining (from your OP) to the wrong person (not the decision maker) ... and by wearing clothes which do not help him.

If we, as Farang are ever going to lift our profile here ... we have to do it by conducting ourselves in a manner which deserves respect.

I'm not saying, for a moment that singlets and shorts are bad attire ... great beach wear and house clothes but, show some respect for those who have to deal with our stay or residence in Thailand.

<deleted> ... what would you think if the person handling your enquiry was sitting there in their pyjamas ?

Sure ... I will cope flack for this post ...

but ... we most often receive the respect we deserve ... lift your game

One suspects the only real way you would get "respect" as a farang in Thailand is to turn up at immigration for your 90 day report in a Rolls Royce or Pink Bentley and I am pretty sure they would let you into immigration office clad only in your Y-fronts and tanked to the eye balls on ear medicine, said person may even get away with slapping one or two immigration officials around as well...rolleyes.gif

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 2

I got ya .... I am waiting for the day they raise the financial requirements , I am going to my local office with my vid cam to watch Farang freak out and make fools of themselves for U-Tube !

It might be more fun to have a video of "U" when "U" learn that the current requirements have been GRANDFATHERED ... again.w00t.gif

post-37101-0-65387200-1372399504_thumb.j

More seriously, what's up with some foreigner's attitude of internalizing the "values" of Thai policemen? I find it bizarre. I'm not saying love all foreigners (or Thais or anyone) but what's the psychology behind being prejudiced against foreigners in Thailand FROM foreigners? OK, it's understandable from some Thais because obviously some Thais are bigots against anyone not Thai, but what's with the foreigner on foreigner prejudice? Do these foreigners imagine such nasty attitudes win favor for them with Thais in general? Perhaps yet another variation of the Stockholm Syndrome? coffee1.gif

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

Solid as a rock.

One suspects the only real way you would get "respect" as a farang in Thailand is to turn up at immigration for your 90 day report in a Rolls Royce or Pink Bentley and I am pretty sure they would let you into immigration office clad only in your Y-fronts and tanked to the eye balls on ear medicine.

Well Mr Soutpeel ... not often we disagree ... but on this matter we might have to.

But, as the gentleman I know you are ... I'm sure that's OK ...