Army fumes over 'inhuman attack'

Lite Beer

until such time as the thai govt starts to actually do positive things about this instead of cowtailing to the terrorists and doing their bidding this will keep happening. The govt need to issue shoot to kill orders, actually capture or arrest these killers and sentence them to death. They know who these people are but refuse to do anything, they are totally pathetic and need a strong leader that will not backdown, if they keep letting the terrorists do as they please we will see major cities attacked next. The govt are cowards and too scared to do anything in case they themselves are targetted, well thats part of being a leader, grow some balls and stop thinking with your bank accounts.

I think you forget that this is Thailand!

And I think you forget what the roots of this conflict are.

Calling for shoot to kill orders in Thailand would mean open hunting season! Anybody shot dead for whatever reason would be declared a "terrorist"!

A country as corrupt as Thailand should never have the death penalty!!

Do you have any idea how many innocent "scapegoats" have been executed in Thailand in it's recent history??? If anybody you know or in your family would be arrested forced to sign a confession and sentenced to death to save the face of some politicians or army brass - you would think differently. Tempering with or planting evidence, intimitation of witnesses, forced confessions - are very common - law enforcement here is as corrupt as politicians and everybody else in position of power!

These injustices are exactly what led to this conflict. Not to defend the killers - but in Thailand both sides have blood on their hands! The army has tortured and killed for a long time in the south - with suffocating 80 + young people being one of their last much puplicized glorious achievements!

You are absolutely rite about the suffocating 80 + young people. Heads should have rolled over that one yet nothing was done about it.

Now that was 9 years and over 5,500 deaths ago would you care to enlighten us on the other 5,500. I for one do not doubt for a moment that the Army has abused some people. But not to the point you would have us believe. In what warped twisted way can you possibly justify Muslim terrorists going into a school and cutting off the head of the teacher in front of his class. Because nine years ago blah blah blah I believe that he was even a Muslim teacher.sad.png

That is OK to you because the army nine years ago killed in a very disgusting way about 80 people. How many have they killed since then who were not terrorists?

• Like 2

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the big cheese describes this latest incident as inhuman behaviour. Would he care to give us his view of Tai Bak?

I agree. What an odd choice of the word inhuman in the story. This was an instant lights out bomb. What the military did at Tak Bai , by slowly suffocating people to death, seems far more inhuman to me.

I'd rather be blown up by a bomb then towed out and set adrift in the middle of the ocean and left to die with neither shelter, food nor water, like the Thai authorities have done to over 1000 Rohingya over the last few years.

Well I think Abhist was the best man for the job of PM at the time. He still is but that is another tale.

But that really turned me off and then when he had the army investigate what the army had done and we never heard the final report.

This happened yesterday and the BBC are actually covering it which is unusual as they rarely mention the carnage in the south yet all but suspended normal programming for the Boston Marathon bomb.

Just a thought though, does anyone know if the government restricts international reporting on the south maybe seeing it as some sort of failure, bad publicity ?

Odd that, isn't it. As a BBC license payer I often wonder why news about America is so important. They even seem to buy into an idea that an American life is the most newsworthy form of life on the planet after an English life. Scots don't seem to count and it seems that the Welsh are a figment of Dr. Who.

• Like 1

I sincerely hope that " urges people to denounce such acts " is not asking for Thai civilians to protect the powerless indecisive Thai Army, or perhaps a "Burma Solution of the problem"...

That is quite a blast. Seems the bombs are getting bigger and bigger.

I cringe at the thought of the day when these extremist bring the fight into Bangkok and start targeting populated areas. Hopefully, that will never happen.

It's a matter of time.

I think so, and it is no comfort with Pheua Thai running their little circus, or members getting tanked at resolution meetings (Chalerm). The violence erupted when guess who came into power?

This happened yesterday and the BBC are actually covering it which is unusual as they rarely mention the carnage in the south yet all but suspended normal programming for the Boston Marathon bomb.

Just a thought though, does anyone know if the government restricts international reporting on the south maybe seeing it as some sort of failure, bad publicity ?

No restrictions on international reporting - conflict in the deep South been covered by the Economist, CNN, Time Magazine etc etc.

More probably the politically correct BBC deciding it is not in their interest to criticise anything to do with Islam.

• Like 1

until such time as the thai govt starts to actually do positive things about this instead of cowtailing to the terrorists and doing their bidding this will keep happening. The govt need to issue shoot to kill orders, actually capture or arrest these killers and sentence them to death. They know who these people are but refuse to do anything, they are totally pathetic and need a strong leader that will not backdown, if they keep letting the terrorists do as they please we will see major cities attacked next. The govt are cowards and too scared to do anything in case they themselves are targetted, well thats part of being a leader, grow some balls and stop thinking with your bank accounts.

I agree with you but from what I read, the military is pretty restrictive of the daily lives of the inhabitants of three southernmost provinces already. They don't want to alienate the locals any more than absolutely necessary. The insurgents are trying to goad the military to over respond and turn more of he public against the military which hasn't lived down the Krue Sae Mosque or Tak Bai debacles. Until the Thai government employs some professional help e.g. U.S. Green Beret Counter Insurgency Program, I don't expect things to improve until the current crop of insurgents become too old and unable to carry out terrorist acts or recruit/incite new terrorists. I have a feeling the general populace is quite tired of both sides.

That is quite a blast. Seems the bombs are getting bigger and bigger.

I cringe at the thought of the day when these extremist bring the fight into Bangkok and start targeting populated areas. Hopefully, that will never happen.

As someone else commented - "Give them time." I told my wife a long time ago that it's only a matter of time before you start having bombs go off in heavily trafficked and populated areas in BKK. And when it starts, all hell is going to break loose.

The terrorist get away with it in mostly Muslim South. It they try bombs in Bangkok, it will be 'open season' on Muslims like it is in Burma.

• Like 1

I think you forget that this is Thailand!

And I think you forget what the roots of this conflict are.

Calling for shoot to kill orders in Thailand would mean open hunting season! Anybody shot dead for whatever reason would be declared a "terrorist"!

A country as corrupt as Thailand should never have the death penalty!!

Do you have any idea how many innocent "scapegoats" have been executed in Thailand in it's recent history??? If anybody you know or in your family would be arrested forced to sign a confession and sentenced to death to save the face of some politicians or army brass - you would think differently. Tempering with or planting evidence, intimitation of witnesses, forced confessions - are very common - law enforcement here is as corrupt as politicians and everybody else in position of power!

These injustices are exactly what led to this conflict. Not to defend the killers - but in Thailand both sides have blood on their hands! The army has tortured and killed for a long time in the south - with suffocating 80 + young people being one of their last much puplicized glorious achievements!

You are absolutely rite about the suffocating 80 + young people. Heads should have rolled over that one yet nothing was done about it.

Now that was 9 years and over 5,500 deaths ago would you care to enlighten us on the other 5,500. I for one do not doubt for a moment that the Army has abused some people. But not to the point you would have us believe. In what warped twisted way can you possibly justify Muslim terrorists going into a school and cutting off the head of the teacher in front of his class. Because nine years ago blah blah blah I believe that he was even a Muslim teacher.sad.png

That is OK to you because the army nine years ago killed in a very disgusting way about 80 people. How many have they killed since then who were not terrorists?

Not trying to be disagreeable but nine years is not that long to hold a grudge. I have some European friends who have hates going back centuries as though they were yesterday. The killing was slow paced until Dr. Thaksin Shinawatra became PM. The whole South blew up after the Krue Sae Mosque debacle and created a core of blood-revenge insurgents. Add Tak Bai on top and you get a lot more blood-revenge recruits. They have sworn a religious oath to chase out the Siamese and they won't stop until they are too old to kill.

No restrictions on international reporting - conflict in the deep South been covered by the Economist, CNN, Time Magazine etc etc.

More probably the politically correct BBC deciding it is not in their interest to criticise anything to do with Islam.

The BBC has correspondents reporting from conflict zones, sometimes at great personal risk, so respect is due to their staff.

It is not the BBC's role, or for that matter, any media outlet to have a policy to be critical of any faith. When media outlets have done so they are rightly criticised. Obviously media should objectively report upon and provide analysis of events, including incidents linked to Islamic terror, the underling politics and so on; this the BBC does so in a usually very professional manner.

Edited by simple1