Ex-monk now married:

Lite Beer

What's all the huha?

A guy was a monk before getting married? Isn't that the normal pattern in Thailand?

Yes, many congratulation to the groom and the bride!

Edited by Morakot

I hope she survived the wedding night. 38 years of back pressure............... crazy.gif

Naught naughty ...

I don't think it is so much about bumping uglies, but moreso because of the love factor. There's a very, very pure monk who passed away not too recently who was explaining how strong past karma can be. Some meditators are so adept it is very possible they can find out by accident or intent, who they used to be partnered with in previous existences. if, by chance, their partner is reborn in the same plane, that's where things get interesting.

The most revered monk in Thailand who passed away many, many years ago was telling one of his students how he was meditating once, when a being from another plane entered his sphere of concentration. At the time he was astute in practice and was reminded by her they had made a previous pact to reach the highest attainment in the practice.

The monk knew it would take many, many more existences to get to that point and he was ready to get things taken care of in this existence. And he did, despite her complaining, and was eventually quelled by his reasoning.

Not saying this is the case for Mr. Mitsuo, but karma is a very odd thing, indeed. Many know about it but very few truly understand the intricacy of it.

If you believe in it or not is your deal and I certainly don't knock it either way, but from his previous conduct as a monk he probably knew it was time for him to leave the monkhood. I certainly don't blame him for it - imagine how the gossip machine would be on overdrive ...

Edited by hookedondhamma
  • Like 1

One would think that if people didn’t know anything of substance concerning Buddhism that they wouldn’t venture an opinion on it value. Or compare it to any other religion. Still, many members seem delighted to pounce on the story of the senior monks disrobing. Many with the intention of substantiating their uniformed idea that monks are no good, unreliable or worse. For me, I think if I decide to live in this country I should understand something about the national religion, traditional culture, and the achievements of Monarchy.

All that happened, was that one man dedicated 38 years to learning and teaching Buddhism left the monastic order. He helped many, many people and then he ran out of steam. His body ran into old age, and health problems became too big an obstacle for him to carry on. His colleagues at his temple he built still carry on in the same skillful manner and will do so for many years o come. After the shock subsides he will be remembered as an exceptionally generous person.