Thai monk had 10 bank accounts with daily transactions of Bt2m

webfact

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's all the fuss about? He NEVER ever STOLE anything from anyone. He NEVER ever KILLED anyone for anything. Never EVER did he DEFRAUD anyone in the slightest way.

If the claims about his asset liquidity is actually accurate, truthful and correct, every single DIME in those accounts were freely GIVEN him by his plenty various admirers. So if the Thailand Government wants to start telling their GOOD and decent subjects they're NOT allowed to receive any presents, well well, what shall we say. I'd say TIT. (This Is Thailand).

Okay, granted, a Buddhist Monk should be the Virtual example of complete detachment to all worldly possessions, so for as far as this concerns he's not an exemplary practitioner.

However, from the utmost richest people on earth happens to be Christian Preachers and nowhere do I hear, see or read anything about their wealth. Come let's just STOP condemning one another and rather mind our own business seeing NO ONE here on earth is totally innocent.

• Like 1

'records of transactions totalling up to Bt20 million per day'

That's over $600k a day! And the AMLO chief says that his bank accounts are being 'monitored'. How long will they be monitored for? It seems that these amount of transactions for a monk, abbot or whatever, are ludicrous figures at best. Why, oh why does a man of 'faith' have such access to so much cash? The truth behind this will no doubt be quite amazing, not for the lies but for how he got away with it for so long.

And the chances of the real story ever being made public .............. Zero.

I agree 100 %. If " dark figures" are using this for monk for money laundering, the real story will never come out. Although I am still curious how he would get the laundered money back to them... Deposit to an off shore bank??

Yeah, I was reading a Thai forum last week where some Thais were also speculating whether the large amounts of money could be explained by money laundering.

It's a sad day when a monk who has taken all sorts of vows can't accept generous gifts from devotees who are assured of a better life in the hereafter.

I think that you are a troll and just taking the pi$$ with the above comment.

Not all, but many of these saffron garbed individuals are drop outs too lazy to get a real job.

It is even possible that NKK was being sarcastic. If you are Thai you don't know about sarcasm.

Sarcasm: the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really want to say especially in order to insult someone, to show irritation, or to be funny

Thank you, i was being sarcastic. Nothing else seemed appropriate

You're welcome. For people new to the forum, who don't know your posts, I would suggest you follow your sarcastic remarks with \sarc to avoid any misunderstanding. I, myself, appreciate thoughtful sarcasm.

God create the Thailand Monks and i believe he not doing anything wrong

PLEASE tell me what you have been smoking and/or drinking that could create such mind boggling fantasies?

God didn't create Monks, MAN did.

And if you were a true Buddhist, and had actually read the teachings of Buddha, you would see and KNOW that this man has violated every principle of Dharma, that Buddha taught.

There is no God in Buddhism.

lets just tell the truth,,,,THERE IS NO GOD,,,,,,,PERIOD,,,,,,,,,coffee1.gif

One's perception is one's reality and all is just your or my opinion.

You're welcome. For people new to the forum, who don't know your posts, I would suggest you follow your sarcastic remarks with \sarc to avoid any misunderstanding. I, myself, appreciate thoughtful sarcasm.

+1 Good sarcasm, properly executed rocks biggrin.png

Dont tell them it's sarcasm - let them figure it out for themselves...then when they finally get it, they'll appreciate it all the more....

• Like 1

What's all the fuss about? He NEVER ever STOLE anything from anyone. He NEVER ever KILLED anyone for anything. Never EVER did he DEFRAUD anyone in the slightest way.

If the claims about his asset liquidity is actually accurate, truthful and correct, every single DIME in those accounts were freely GIVEN him by his plenty various admirers. So if the Thailand Government wants to start telling their GOOD and decent subjects they're NOT allowed to receive any presents, well well, what shall we say. I'd say TIT. (This Is Thailand).

Okay, granted, a Buddhist Monk should be the Virtual example of complete detachment to all worldly possessions, so for as far as this concerns he's not an exemplary practitioner.

However, from the utmost richest people on earth happens to be Christian Preachers and nowhere do I hear, see or read anything about their wealth. Come let's just STOP condemning one another and rather mind our own business seeing NO ONE here on earth is totally innocent.

Take a chill pill. Due to the staggering amounts of money involved, he was

clearly money laundering. Some poor Thai people going to the temple, praying for good luck, and then dropping a few coins or 20 baht bills into the collection boxes cannot possibly add up to 20 million baht a day..... Should we condemn that, or is that ok ???

20 million per day geez where can I sign up? There is good money in begging alms.

I signed up.. and so far, I'm up to 20 baht per day.. "moving on up, to the east side, to a deluxe apartment in the sky". I must be using the wrong blessing chants. hmmmm..

Take a chill pill. Due to the staggering amounts of money involved, he was

clearly money laundering. Some poor Thai people going to the temple, praying for good luck, and then dropping a few coins or 20 baht bills into the collection boxes cannot possibly add up to 20 million baht a day..... Should we condemn that, or is that ok ???

and when the folks do give money, they give it to the faith, not to him for his personal accounts. It does say the money was in his personal accounts if you have a read of the first line....

I don't know if this is Laundered money or not? but I do know that Religeon generates Collossal wealth,with so many thousands of Temples in Thailand,don't be surprised to see some of them are more like Banks, than low key poverty stricken refuges for the people. And that goes for all religeons!

I don't know if this is Laundered money or not? but I do know that Religeon generates Collossal wealth,with so many thousands of Temples in Thailand,don't be surprised to see some of them are more like Banks, than low key poverty stricken refuges for the people. And that goes for all religeons!

I can only speak for my temple in Khok Samrong, Lopburi.. Some times we don't have enough money to pay the electric bill. We only got electricity to our temple in 2010. We have two 6 - 7 - 8 year old vehicles that are always breaking down. Most of the time, the monks there don't have enough money in their pocket to buy a coke, 12 baht. The monks that smoke, roll their own, because they can't afford store bought cigerettes. So, please don't paint us all with the same brush..

Viva Las Vegas...

"Money does not buy happiness. I now have B300 million, and I'm no happier than when I had B200 million." (apologies to Arnie)

Ok then pass that B100 million over here, you will feel no less happy and i will feel very happy wai2.gif would mean house marriage family and a whole lot less stress for me and mine.

You will of course gain a new friend so in the end you will be far better of thumbsup.gif

Cheers in advance clap2.gifcheesy.gif

I can only speak for my temple in Khok Samrong, Lopburi.. Some times we don't have enough money to pay the electric bill. We only got electricity to our temple in 2010. We have two 6 - 7 - 8 year old vehicles that are always breaking down. Most of the time, the monks there don't have enough money in their pocket to buy a coke, 12 baht. The monks that smoke, roll their own, because they can't afford store bought cigerettes. So, please don't paint us all with the same brush..

I didnt say all of them I said "dont be surprised to see some of them are more like Banks"

That small self portrait says enough.

Those are the monks,and others like them, that ought to be more outraged than anyone, and leading the charge to boot this guy OUT....

But are they??? It doesn't seem that the institutions of Buddhism here in LOS are doing a very good job of keeping their disciples on the straight path...

It's not like this guy, and the things he's been doing, have been hidden away in secret... The excesses have been there for anyone to see.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

On channel 3 just a few minutes ago. They said the monk's net worth is about 600 million thb. They showed a few shots of his 350 million mansion. Ugly new rich Chinese style of course. He even made a special room for his rolls, with a giant RR marble logo on the floor! Amazing Thailand.

On channel 3 just a few minutes ago. They said the monk's net worth is about 600 million thb. They showed a few shots of his 350 million mansion. Ugly new rich Chinese style of course. He even made a special room for his rolls, with a giant RR marble logo on the floor! Amazing Thailand.

bah.gif

That small self portrait says enough.

It is a charcoal sketch done by a friend in the US.. you don't like it???

http://en.luangpunenkham.com/page/9/

Interesting... here's the monk's website. Asking for 'donations' for a number of activities to a number of bank accounts.

Interesting.. did you have someone translate that article about him and his supposed wife that you posted? I find it really funny that no Thai monks wants to talk about him.. biggrin.png

This is funny.

They want to get off the international banks money laundering list, and the first people they catch are a couple odd car importers and a monk.

Yes! And of course, no bankers will be charged, even investigated.

And as yet, no proof, he has done anything illegal except accepting peoples money.

I think like all religions (im including the loosely applicable Thai version of Buddhism) everything they say is said with zero evidence therefore gaining money by deception.

Having said that only the gullible ( forced to "believe" from birth go along with it,

Im told note "TOLD" I must respect peoples beliefs..........................COCK!!

In was in Tharath today that a Thai woman has come forward and is claiming alimony from the monk in the OP, Luang Pu Nenkham, after she had a child with him when she was a second year high school student. Initially he paid 5K Baht a month, but he stopped payments after a while.

J3opft7.jpg