Fried chicken takeaway called 'Hitler' opens in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any truth to the rumor that if you don't order your chicken with the proper respect at Hitler Chicken the clerk screams:

post-37101-0-87870800-1373089117_thumb.j

No Chicken For You!

Off to the Russian Front for you, that borscht joint on the wrong side of town ...

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I think its brilliant. It certainly got a lot of free publicity..

How anyone can take offense to something that is obviously ridiculing the bloke

its like drawing a cock or a pair of glases on a photo of someone you don't like!!!.

its like drawing a cock or a pair of glases on a photo of someone you don't like!!!.

I don't think you get it, but, whatever ...

(I don't think the intention was ridiculing Hitler.)

Edited by Jingthing

How many pages will this have by Monday?

Without MOd intervention ....25 +

anyway I for one am getting tired of the Nazi fried chicken debate, but to stay within the foodie theme...going to post some comments on Yingluck's ice cream group thread...instead..laugh.png

But Ice Cream was one of Kim Jong Il's favourites w00t.gif That means....that means.......oh Nooooooooo! You Sir are nothing less than a Commie bar steward!! wink.png

Anyway, while we are all on the outrage bus about how many people these maniacs killed and everyone is up in arms about them, please remember these words...Monsanto and Bill Gates will make 40 million deaths look like a kindergarten scuffle. Bill Gates and Monsanto have the biggest imaginable seed bank at Svalbard in Norway, full to the brim of non GM seeds in case of 'a global disaster'. Now why would that be ? (remember Bill Gates does not eat anything connected with Monsanto and GM). Perhaps a Fish and 'Chip' shop would be better with Hitlers head and the Microsoft Logo! And there is a seemless link from Dictators back to fast food ! wink.png

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 1

Colonel Sanders was a genuinely wonderful and loved person. I should hope that KFC vigorously pursues the violation of their trademark, not to mention the demeaning of a gentle man. But doubt they will.

In the meantime, I hear the owner makes the chickens goosestep, before giving them the gas.

I believe that the only legal rights anyone has here to complain is KFC. Their logo has been altered slightly, and is being used in violation of International copyright infringement laws.

Adolph Hitler's image, name and his life story have not been copyrighted by anyone. What that means is that no one has the right to force their views upon anyone else regarding what someone thinks about Adolph Hitler's image, name and his life story; at least for the time being.

Regarding the off-topic lean that this thread has been digressing towards; expressing is alright, but enforcing is not alright. Enforcing in the same way that Adolph Hitler is accused of enforcing is to make one out to be just like Adolph Hitler; isn't that correct?

But this OP is about KFC being upset about its Name-brand and Logo being infringed upon. The ludicrous nature of the way this OP has gone, however, would suggest to the weak-minded that Adolph Hitler and zie Nazis have returned and are stealing land that is not theirs and locking up the people who occupied that land (for thousands of years) in concentration camps.

But that cannot possibly be true if people do not enforce their views upon others, and instead express them.

• Like 1

The problem is that most Westerners have been subjected to such powerful conditioning that the mere mention of Hitler will produce a visceral feeling of revulsion without a thought ever passing through their head.

Westerners have not been subjected to the same conditioning with figures such as Mao, so they can eat in a trendy new restaurant called "Mao's" with a picture of the genocidal Mao towering above them everything is just fine and dandy.

Of course, the reason for the brainwashing is the continued need to justify the creation and existance of Israel.

No, the problem is people is people who make posts such as yours!

In the meantime, I hear the owner makes the chickens goosestep, before giving them the gas.

Good one!!!! cheesy.gifclap2.gif

Maybe we are taking this little shop too serious... Too sad to see forum members clashing here about a looney toon chicken store somewhere in Bkk...

Saw a cool t-shirt in Bkk some years ago - THE DESTROYERS - WORLD TOUR - picturing a band with band members Bush, Osama, Hitler and (if I remember correctly) Saddam...

This is kind of old news up here in Ubon Ratchathani. We had a knockoff of KFC here near the university. They opened as UBU Chicken, UBU being the way Ubon Ratchathani University is referred to. Their logo was Hitler done up like Colonel Sanders. I asked around if anyone knew who that was in the picture. The overwhelming answer was Charlie Chaplin, since Charlie Chaplin is sort of famous here. I asked people who Adolph Hitler was. Almost no one knew. Enough of a fuss was raised over the name so that it was changed to Hitler Chicken. Later it was changed again to take out some letters and replace them with underscores. The store near the university is now closed but there is still one in the city. I was suprised that KFC did not go after them over the blatant copying of their logo, menu and overall style.

I suppose this whole affair has the potential to be a massive embaressment for the Thai government since it demonstrates that hardly any of their citizens recognises or understands who Adolf Hitler was, given that he was arguably the most infamous mass murderer of the 20th century, that's a pretty damning indictment of the Thai educational system. But there again, given some of the statement being made in this thread by western "educated" posters one wonders if perhaps the education issue isn't global in nature.

This is kind of old news up here in Ubon Ratchathani. We had a knockoff of KFC here near the university. They opened as UBU Chicken, UBU being the way Ubon Ratchathani University is referred to. Their logo was Hitler done up like Colonel Sanders. I asked around if anyone knew who that was in the picture. The overwhelming answer was Charlie Chaplin, since Charlie Chaplin is sort of famous here. I asked people who Adolph Hitler was. Almost no one knew. Enough of a fuss was raised over the name so that it was changed to Hitler Chicken. Later it was changed again to take out some letters and replace them with underscores. The store near the university is now closed but there is still one in the city. I was suprised that KFC did not go after them over the blatant copying of their logo, menu and overall style.

Charles Chaplin in the Little Dictator

I suppose this whole affair has the potential to be a massive embaressment for the Thai government since it demonstrates that hardly any of their citizens recognises or understands who Adolf Hitler was, given that he was arguably the most infamous mass murderer of the 20th century, that's a pretty damning indictment of the Thai educational system. But there again, given some of the statement being made in this thread by western "educated" posters one wonders if perhaps the education issue isn't global in nature.

really i do comprehend.

it does not alter reality one bit.

the story itself is nonsense, a recycling of old news.

i personally could not give a shit what a thai with a chicken shop does or does not think about hitler, nor do i see what a couple breasts and a drumstick have to do with anything.

i see racist vitriol on this site daily that i find more offensive.and that comes from folk who claim to know better.

ignorance is a bliss

call it ignorance, i have other things more worthy of my time.

hitler was one man. He had an entire country behind him including my mother, grand parents, aunts and uncles.

thing is, i don't believe hitler actually personally ever gassed a jew, that was actually done by individual germans.

perhaps i should boycott schnitzel.

southern fried chicken? wasn't the american south built on slave labour?

Let's guess - your mother, grand parents, aunts and uncles all had no idea this was going on until after the British, American and Russian's liberated what they thought were resetlement camps. whistling.gif

It would have been impossible to carry out the holocaust without the blessing & help of the German people.

Hitlers Willing Executioners, by Daniel Jonah Goldhagen, lays it all out brilliantly.

Mao is still on the currency of China and he killed more people than Hitler (if you want to look at history in these childishly simplistic ways) but everyone still wants their made in China iPhones. It's westerners who need to get over their obsession with Hitler, not Thais.

I think hitler was responsible for more deaths than Mao. At least 25 million people died during his war in Russia. But as you say numbers are childish when the true horror of the nazi regime was its industrialisation of genocide.

No, Mao killed more. Maybe as many as 100 million.

But the point for this whole thread is the one-way view of history promulgated in Thailand (and in many other Asian countries). If it happens elsewhere, it's their problem. If it happens here, deny it or blame it on foreigners. If someone in Italy were to wear a shirt defaming the king, Thais would be up in arms. They don't see the hypocrisy and probably would deny it anyway.

I've explained Hitler and the Nazis to Thais. Most said they never heard of them and others said they didn't care. Ask them if they incur bad kharma by wearing a shirt of a mass killer or if it's something Buddhism condones and they will change the subject. But then again, asking such questions brings disharmony to a conversation with Buddhist Thai wearing a Nazi t-shirt.

I don't think you get it, but, whatever ...

(I don't think the intention was ridiculing Hitler.)

As said before, nobody here is seriously against fried chicken, fried chips or 'Hitler' name.

The dogfight is between apologists of Fascism and those who are against it.

If you do not see this you are making an Epic mistake. Sorry.facepalm.gif

• Like 1

Hello,

This a warning to all the silly, insensitive people on this forum who post messages which in any way condone what Adolf Hitler did during WW2, or make light of it, or turn it into some kind of joke. If I see posts like this in future I will report you to the moderators. For your information, there were millions of people who suffered during WW2 as a direct result of the barbarians led by Hitler. This is not something to be laughed about. This is not, as one poster stated so stupidly, to be regarded as: "it's funny". People all over the world suffered from this Devil called Hitler, notably in France, Poland and Russia - and above all, of course, it was Jewish people who suffered and were killed. Some of the comments here are seriously offensive, and I would request that people who make them should be banned from this forum. "Adolf Hitler" was not some "funny" guy that we can mention as a joke. He was a fascist dictator who brought untold misery to millions of people throughout the world. I would suggest that if you visited one of the death camps, as I have done - Dachau or Auschwitz (Oświęcim), which have become 'museums' - you might gain some insight into what happened during WW2. Maybe after that you would stop making your silly, offensive comments.

• Like 1

couldnt we say the same thing about multiple countries with reference to their educational systems as well..

per the posted links to date:

Stalin vodka...exists

Chairman Mao's chicken exists

US bikers are usinging the same Nazi iconography

So it seems to me its not only Thailand who uses mass murderers/people who have committed genocide in advertising...

The problem is that most Westerners have been subjected to such powerful conditioning that the mere mention of Hitler will produce a visceral feeling of revulsion without a thought ever passing through their head.

Westerners have not been subjected to the same conditioning with figures such as Mao, so they can eat in a trendy new restaurant called "Mao's" with a picture of the genocidal Mao towering above them everything is just fine and dandy.

Of course, the reason for the brainwashing is the continued need to justify the creation and existance of Israel.

You say "powerful conditioning", others call it education.

Of those decrying this restaurant and what it represents, I haven't read one post -- NOT ONE --attempting to claim the west have been angels throughout history. Too many posters are relying on Tu quoque arguments (like the one above regarding Mao) as if such logical fallacies could make them look intelligent.

This discussion has nothing to do with PC. PC culture has indeed run amok (the state of Washington just eliminated the word "penMANship" and replaced with the less sexist word "handwriting" -- that is crazy!)

No, this topic doesn't really concern political correctness, nor does it at all concern Israel. It does, on the other hand, speak volumes about the conditioning of a nationalistic population that seems to flaunt its ignorance, because world events are of no concern as they're not Thai. Despite that such events have indirect links to their country.