'Couple fight' led to spectacular truck accident: Korat

webfact

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at what's written on his truck and tell me that's not ironic smile.png .

Good Luck for spotting that clap2.gif

My Missus just saw that and asked what happened? i said , nothing, just a small accident...w00t.gif

you can find all the excuses you want but Thai drivers are among the most dangerous drivers in the world. that is a reality .....

Does that mean you have access to some sort of survey of dangerous drivers in all countries of the world?

If so, could you share it with us? That would be quite interesting, I'd say.

you can find all the excuses you want but Thai drivers are among the most dangerous drivers in the world. that is a reality .....

Thailand might not display the best driving skills on its roads but its drivers are far from the worst in the world.

If you find that difficult to believe try travelling a bit more and experience driving in the Middle East, Africa and the CIS before bleating the standard "Thais are no good at Blah Blah Blah" garbage that seems obligatory of 90% of TV members in response to any post.

I think you have your head in the sand Sir

Wife's are just dangerous world wide.

That's why I don't marry, I want to stay healthy, and alive.

that's why i don't marry (a thai wife), my bankaccount wants to stay healthy and alive wink.png

yeah right , haaha thai wife is great to me , and completely different than the money s*cking woman i had im europe i bless my self everyday that she is in my life and we can raise a beautifull baby boy together

best thing that happend ever is the day i met her , we do have arguments but that's normalrolleyes.gif

• Like 1

angry.gif This woman is 'bah"...

...no...she is typical....and despite her 'claim' ...........However, Mr. Suchart′s wife told the officers she thought she saw a motorcycle coming toward the truck when she took the steering wheel......we know the truth.....

At least she did not give the wonderful excuse " I swerved to avoid hitting a ghost"

This excuse Im saving incase I ever have an accident rolleyes.gif

At least they didn't leave the scene of the accident.

They were still arguing over which way to escape, when the police arrived!

"However, Mr. Suchart′s wife told the officers she thought she saw a motorcycle coming toward the truck when she took the steering wheel."

That sounds like a bold faced lie to save face for both her and her husband. She sounds like the A-Typical psycho Thai woman to me that can't control her temper and lose all common sense when their brain gets overloaded.

I don't know what the truth is and the above statement is just supposition on my part.

CB

Bullseye! Only comment to add would be that both: Thai women and men percentage-wise are equally psycho... wink.png

However, the couple should be jailed and sentenced for attempted manslaughter or something - hope they will not get away by just paying a fine for reckless driving. Let them pay dearly for all the damage plus do some hard jailtime. By paying off their debt, they will have a whole life to meditate over their stupidity and ignorance when tired of fighting with their jailmates.

"attempted manslaughter" "do some hard jailtime"

Which galaxy are you from ?

So where was the picture pf the wife being cuffed and take n away by the police for endangerment of life and poplic disorder?

She had the nerve to shout abuse at her husband after she took the stering wheel and created this accident!

angry.gif This woman is 'bah"...

...no...she is typical....and despite her 'claim' ...........However, Mr. Suchart′s wife told the officers she thought she saw a motorcycle coming toward the truck when she took the steering wheel......we know the truth.....

The truth is the BiB are tearing up the countryside looking for the motorcycle/rider?

Edited by MaxYakov

Thailand is not even in the top 10 for countries with the most dangerous drivers.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/05/19/dangerous-countries-roads-lifestyle-travel-dangerous-roads_slide_2.html?thisspeed=25000

Number 1 is Russia. If you have ever been there, you would know why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY7JxzNRE4g

I prefer this list of the WHO. Thailand with 19.6 fatalities per 100.000 inhabitants sends Russia to 2nd place with 19.5 fatalities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate

But I admit if you compare Thai drivers to those in Eritrea (48.4), Egypt (42.0), South Africa (33.2) or Saudi Arabia (29.0) they don't look so bad.

I don't really care how Thailand ranks in the world, for several reasons. Bad driving in Egypt does not affect me because I live in THAILAND! If I get run over it will be in Thailand! And they are insane in driving ability, or disability if you prefer.

catweazle, on 06 Jul 2013 - 06:38, said:snapback.png

cannonball, on 05 Jul 2013 - 23:44, said:snapback.png

"However, Mr. Suchart′s wife told the officers she thought she saw a motorcycle coming toward the truck when she took the steering wheel."

That sounds like a bold faced lie to save face for both her and her husband. She sounds like the A-Typical psycho Thai woman to me that can't control her temper and lose all common sense when their brain gets overloaded.

I don't know what the truth is and the above statement is just supposition on my part.

CB

Bullseye! Only comment to add would be that both: Thai women and men percentage-wise are equally psycho... wink.png

However, the couple should be jailed and sentenced for attempted manslaughter or something - hope they will not get away by just paying a fine for reckless driving. Let them pay dearly for all the damage plus do some hard jailtime. By paying off their debt, they will have a whole life to meditate over their stupidity and ignorance when tired of fighting with their jailmates.

"attempted manslaughter" "do some hard jailtime"

Which galaxy are you from ?

Makes me wonder if "Ol CatWeazle wasn't riding his motorcycyle thereabouts swerving down the road when the accident occured.

Why not charge them with drug running or subversion..Mr. Weazle. Perhaps terrorism or bank robbery. After all, they did have a vehicle accident with no malisious intent and there were no deaths or injuries. How can people like that be allowed to walk free and not be charged with something they didn't do without at least a 10 year jail sentence? Perhaps one day such injustice will be reverted to the people with the mouths that suggest it. That would be a" kind" of justice

Edited by metisdead
30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

So where was the picture pf the wife being cuffed and take n away by the police for endangerment of life and poplic disorder?

She had the nerve to shout abuse at her husband after she took the stering wheel and created this accident!

not too many female truck drivers in the LOS this might be a reason

Why you lot Thai bash all the time. You think this does not happen in your own country? Amazing to read some of the pitiful threads here.

Dont know if scenarios and first hand experience can be called Thai bashing, i call it slap stick comedy and the theme is Thai wives and drivers, both rather bad in their own right, unless on a good straight road, but wait till the curves come...5555555

Look at what's written on his truck and tell me that's not ironic smile.png .

eh my thai still horrible in writing

a wait "lucky 3"

they were lucky anyway it was only some damage to property and the truck

too bad it doesn't show the licenceplate my wife want to buy lottery

Edited by retell
  • Like 1

Why you lot Thai bash all the time. You think this does not happen in your own country? Amazing to read some of the pitiful threads here.

Dont know if scenarios and first hand experience can be called Thai bashing, i call it slap stick comedy and the theme is Thai wives and drivers, both rather bad in their own right, unless on a good straight road, but wait till the curves come...5555555

Thailand got straight curves

Thailand might not display the best driving skills on its roads but its drivers are far from the worst in the world.

If you find that difficult to believe try travelling a bit more and experience driving in the Middle East, Africa and the CIS before bleating the standard "Thais are no good at Blah Blah Blah" garbage that seems obligatory of 90% of TV members in response to any post.

Agreed. And I feel much safer driving in Thailand than down in Singapore where I spend most of my time. Thais are sometimes 'in their own world' when they're driving. Singaporeans are like this also, but add to this that they're inconsiderate on the roads and only look after themselves. A much more stressful driving experience than in Thailand.

Surely in Singapore they are sticking to traffic rules, and expecting you to do the same. It may be that you are interpreting them as "inconsiderate" because they feel (reasonably so in their minds) that they can assume you do not need extra consideration if you don't make mistakes.

• Like 1

CB

Is that really considered atypical? All of my long-term Thai girlfriends have taken the wheel of my car on at least one occasion and swung it into things.

Right ... the other day my wife, who doesn't drive, said in a loud hysterical voice "that's a school, no go in there!" and I snapped back, "be quiet don't teach me how to drive". All this while I was navigating bumper to bumper traffic in a narrow soi and the only way to get to our destination was to make a U-turn in the school driveway. Amazing how the people who can't drive what to assist.

Agreed. And I feel much safer driving in Thailand than down in Singapore where I spend most of my time. Thais are sometimes 'in their own world' when they're driving. Singaporeans are like this also, but add to this that they're inconsiderate on the roads and only look after themselves. A much more stressful driving experience than in Thailand.

Surely in Singapore they are sticking to traffic rules, and expecting you to do the same. It may be that you are interpreting them as "inconsiderate" because they feel (reasonably so in their minds) that they can assume you do not need extra consideration if you don't make mistakes.

never been to SP neither drove a car there )duh( but i can say the behaviour of thai traffic is not so bad to ok , you have to know the unwritten rules and expect anything coming from anywhere besides that it is still cruising about 30.000 km a year ,biggest road hazard are the random checkpoints (200 B) and foreigners that think they still drive in USA or Europe or AUS (do not mean Austria that's under Europe)

once you get a hold of the way they drive and how one should react it's pretty simple ,forward driving community with lots of respect and some assh*les but you let em be like that

i find thai people very sympathetic in their road behaviour

• Like 1

laurentbkk, on 06 Jul 2013 - 10:54, said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

never been to SP neither drove a car there )duh( but i can say the behaviour of thai traffic is not so bad to ok , you have to know the unwritten rules and expect anything coming from anywhere besides that it is still cruising about 30.000 km a year ,biggest road hazard are the random checkpoints (200 cool.png and foreigners that think they still drive in USA or Europe or AUS (do not mean Austria that's under Europe)

once you get a hold of the way they drive and how one should react it's pretty simple ,forward driving community with lots of respect and some assh*les but you let em be like that

i find thai people very sympathetic in their road behaviour

Sure, sure, sympathetic. Especially the cowboy Tuk-Tuk drivers with the loud, smoking engines, the motorbikes with the loud, irritating rapping exhausts, and the high performance bike riders going twice traffic flow speed, the thick smoke from engines that need overhauls, the ones that cut you off at every opportunity, ignore safety and a potential accident by refusing to wear helmets or even eye protection, carry children (often multiple) in precarious positions on motorbikes, do exotic maneuvers in intersections to avoid red lights, would never stop for a pedestrian in a non-light-controlled crosswalk, double and triple-park when it blocks traffic etc. Very sympathetic. Where in Thailand have you been driving? I want to go there.

Four 1/2 years on Thai streets (Bangkok) some amount highway travel and I have never seen a Thai cop pursue and pull over a motorist. They set up these traffic stops for a a few hours, but that's about it. Now, that's sympathy ... I guess. Oh, I forgot. I did see a traffic-control cop actually leave his little blockhouse at the Petchburi and Sukhumvit Soi 3 intersection and evict a Tuk-Tuk driver from the painted, no-drive zone just outside. The effort must have been relatively Herculean. The zone is routinely and uncontestedly populated with motorbikes, of course.

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Like 2

There's more. Buses that erratically switch lanes, using their size to claim right of way (their dented bodies reveal that they mean business) and dropping off passengers in the centre lane at random, scooters that go against the flow of traffic in one-way streets or speed on the sidewalks, security guards of shopping malls blocking off lanes with red/white cones so their customers can conveniently exit the car park, causing a backlog of several kilometers, the nasty and widespread habit of bypassing a queue and squeezing yourself back into the lane at the top end across the chevrons, changing lanes in a traffic jam at least 50 times on a 1 km stretch in an attempt to always be in the lane that appears to move faster, when approaching a narrow stretch head on, vehicles usually dash forward at high speed, then brake to a standstill as they meet at the narrowest part and creep past one another at snails pace (giving way is for sissies), and the list goes on and on.

IMHO here in Thailand you can observe any behaviour of motorists, that is either reckless, suicidal, dangerous or uneconomic/obstructing the flow of traffic, if you stay longer than 1 hour.

• Like 1