Thai International - Delays for A380 to London

AyG

Er, the A380 is made by Airbus not Boeing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Oops! Story is still the same though. Airbus have delivery issues, nothing to do with THAI.

And you believe what TG says, it's always someone else's fault, never Thai's.

Did you even bother to read the NON THAI article regarding Airbus's backlog due to wing crack repairs?

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/late-delivery-delays-start-of-emirates-a380-wing-repairs-385948/

OMG!!!.... so Emirates are lying as well?

Or maybe you really just don't like it here. There are plenty of alternative airlines ready to whisk you away from this shockingly deceitful country.

• Like 1

Since they installed the seatback TVs on the 747s, I'm a lot less bothered about when the A380s will arrive..

Where does it say that the seat pitch is 3 inches less in economy in Thai's A380s than it was in their 747s? As that's far more likely to be an issue for me.

(I already avoid flying BA long haul in economy because of their crappy seat pitch - as in I flew Thai in April even though I thought they didn't have TVs rather than fly BA.)

Once again, Thai is way behind the curve in terms of international service, and customers will be expected to pay an over-the-top price to fly in outdated, crappy Boeing 747s.

What's so "crappy" about 747s?

Actually, I am not so keen on A380s. I was on a completely sold out Emirates A380 last week, together with 495 other passengers. Check-in was OK for me as I was flying business, but I would not have wanted to be in the queue for economy. At the time I checked in there appeared to be more than 200 people snaking through the check-in circuit. Boarding was well-organised by Emirates for business class, but there were more than 400 economy passengers all crowding and jostling for boarding. And then there is the surge to immigration and waiting for luggage with your 495 fellow passengers.

It seems like Airbus have successfully sold the "bigger is better" idea on their A380, but so long as the interior accommodations are fitted out well, give me a smaller aircraft with fewer passengers any time.

Regarding Thai, economy seats have about 3" less seat pitch on their A380 compared to their 747-400.

Tend to agree, The good ol jumbo is a great aircraft, my experience of the A380 so far has bot been as good.

Since they installed the seatback TVs on the 747s, I'm a lot less bothered about when the A380s will arrive..

Where does it say that the seat pitch is 3 inches less in economy in Thai's A380s than it was in their 747s? As that's far more likely to be an issue for me.

(I already avoid flying BA long haul in economy because of their crappy seat pitch - as in I flew Thai in April even though I thought they didn't have TVs rather than fly BA.)

Have a look at SeatGuru:

TG A380 Economy Seat Pitch 31- 32", 435 seats

TG B747 Economy Seat Pitch 34", 325 seats

So with an A380, you get shorter seat pitch and longer queues.

Have a look at SeatGuru:

TG A380 Economy Seat Pitch 31- 32", 435 seats

TG B747 Economy Seat Pitch 34", 325 seats

So with an A380, you get shorter seat pitch and longer queues.

They have given away one of their few genuine advantages over the competition.