Cat trade gang apprehended in Nakhon Phanom

Lite Beer

It's amazing really that some people think a cats life is more valuable than a chicken, horse or pig.

Either you are OK with eating animals or you are not.

I have to admit defeat on this one. We have cats and wouldn't dream of eating one but we eat chicken and pork and yet I agree that what you say is absolutely right.

• Like 1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no mention in the OP as to the fate of the moggies.

Hopefully they have been euthanised - one thing Thailand's native fauna doesn't need is introduced foreign predators.

I for one wouldn't be sorry to see all non-native cats in Thailand transported across the border(s), and into the stew pots.

• Like 1

90 cats bound for exotic dishes in Vietnam seized in Buriram

BURIRAM, 12 July 2013 (NNT) – A transnational cat smuggler has been arrested by Region 4 police while on the way to deliver the cats at the Thai-Lao border.

Region 4 Police and the local police in Ban Phaeng of Nakhon Phanom yesterday seized a total of 90 felines crammed in 6 plastic cages on a vehicle traveling from Mahasarakham. Sodsai Amhawa, the driver of the vehicle and a Buriram native, confessed that he was being paid 2,000-3,000 baht per trip to take the cats from Mahasarakham to the border in Buriram, so the cats can be loaded onto boats bound for Vietnam, where they were bound to end up as exotic dishes.

According to the Region 4 police, it is the first time they have come across an attempt to export cats. They said they would expand their investigation into this arrest to find out the whereabouts of other individuals involved in the cat smuggling ring.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-07-12 footer_n.gif

I have a unique idea for permanently stopping all the dog, cat, and other animal food-traders.

See what you think.

When caught, slice open the femoral artery of each trafficking-human's leg.

Then deliver each human to a pig farm (alive, of course).

Then throw them into the pigs (and I mean the Big Pigs) and then let the pigs feast on them.

Yummy !! For the Pigs, of course. From

Think this will discourage the accomplices, friends, and family, of this "human" garbage from doing the same thing in the future?

I think so.

Just like the Chinese do to drug dealers - 1 day - A hearing - Guilty - And a bullet to the head.

May not be "Due Process" - but it works. A great Deterrent for anti-social behavior.

I am reminded of the Bible and the phrase - "As you sow, so you will reap"

These animal food-traders are disgusting beyond words.

How far beyond being "human" have we come?"

Sounds like the method used at a Papua New Guinea crocodile farm.

Security are armed with long bows and sharp arrows. Catch an intruder, the guards get a bonus, the crocs get a change in diet.

• Like 1

I have a unique idea for permanently stopping all the dog, cat, and other animal food-traders.

See what you think.

When caught, slice open the femoral artery of each trafficking-human's leg.

Then deliver each human to a pig farm (alive, of course).

Then throw them into the pigs (and I mean the Big Pigs) and then let the pigs feast on them.

Yummy !! For the Pigs, of course. From

Think this will discourage the accomplices, friends, and family, of this "human" garbage from doing the same thing in the future?

I think so.

Just like the Chinese do to drug dealers - 1 day - A hearing - Guilty - And a bullet to the head.

May not be "Due Process" - but it works. A great Deterrent for anti-social behavior.

I am reminded of the Bible and the phrase - "As you sow, so you will reap"

These animal food-traders are disgusting beyond words.

How far beyond being "human" have we come?"

I am guessing you are from the US?

• Like 1

So what if people like to eat cat or dog?

People it other animals ... cows horse buffalo ... they eat all sorts of fish

I once ate a moose meat steak ... very good indeed

If they wanna eat cats let them

.............Providing they are bred, transported, and killed humanely.

• Like 1

I saw a cat last night dig a hole and then did it's business and was shocked when it even covered it up. WOW.

wait for it---with a spade. 55 haha

It's hard to restrain oneself from rudeness towards what you ! where maybe you were just attempting to pass on a FUNNY comment !!... !! bah.gif

It's amazing really that some people think a cats life is more valuable than a chicken, horse or pig.

I have to admit defeat on this one. We have cats and wouldn't dream of eating one but we eat chicken and pork and yet I agree that what you say is absolutely right.

its a senseless comparison. there is nothing amazing about thinking a cat life is more valuable than a chicken and wouldnt eat one. humans are animals too, going by his logic, its either he is a vegan or agree with cannibalism.

its useless arguing, people like these are more than often closet psychopath, dissing and digging about hypocrisy. one could might as well state its either ok with killing and eating living matter or not. would you agree with that? im afraid in that case you are digesting living microorganism as we are talking through saliva and breathing from all around the air

Tastes just like chicken...

in fact I'd be surprised if anyone can tell the difference, once 'off the bone'.

(otherwise the collar and bell gives it away).

It actually tastes like domesticated rabbit. I thought it was rabbit when I ate a hind-quarter off the grill of my friend's BBQ. After I ate it he asked if I like cat meat; that's when he showed me the skin. A little bit later, another friend showed up and ate the other hind-quarter; also thinking it was rabbit. I grew up on a farm and also hunted in the forest. My neighbors were farmers and everyone killed a variety of animals (cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, chickens, ducks, geese) for food. Why is it immoral to kill some non-human animals and not others? Since I grew up in that environment, I took it as natural so was not shocked or angry when my friend showed me that I had eaten cat. I have not eaten cat since and I stopped hunting wild game at age nineteen. I still like to eat some animal protein a few times a week.

People have a right to eat whatever protein they choose.

If someone wants to raise their own pigs, chickens, cats and dogs for food, that's fine.

But if my pet, or anyone else's, escapes the garden that does not give anyone the right to catch it, sell it, and transport it to another country for food.

What if it is doing it's business all over my patio and making our home stink to high heaven? Obviously the owner doesn't care less as their cat is not doing it on his and he could never understand the problem. I think the victim of these animals have every right to protect their property and remove it for good. If the owner really cared for their cat then they would keep it out of other peoples yards.

A Kitty poem

If you have a kitty

And you let her roam

Don't be feeling s#itty

When your kitty don't come home

And if she pays a visit

To my garden today

She'll win a free vacation

To the ASPCA.

its a senseless comparison. there is nothing amazing about thinking a cat life is more valuable than a chicken and wouldnt eat one. humans are animals too, going by his logic, its either he is a vegan or agree with cannibalism.

its useless arguing, people like these are more than often closet psychopath, dissing and digging about hypocrisy. one could might as well state its either ok with killing and eating living matter or not. would you agree with that? im afraid in that case you are digesting living microorganism as we are talking through saliva and breathing from all around the air

Human are carnivores just like lions, tigers and the rest, all come equipted with canine teeth for tearing flesh. The very people who complain about humans eating meat will quite happily go out and feed another animal to a tiger or would they take them a nice bowl of lettuce leaves.

I've seen about three cats in 18 months in Chiang Mai, and often wish I could say the same about dogs.

Do the Thais have something against cats - cultural, religious or whatever?

The dogs per household here remind me of Australia's indigenous folk who always have dogs at home or around the camp fires.

In Indonesia it's definitely a religious thing: dogs are mostly unwanted, except for the Christian and Hindu groups.

I've seen about three cats in 18 months in Chiang Mai, and often wish I could say the same about dogs.

The dogs per household here remind me of Australia's indigenous folk who always have dogs at home or around the camp fires.

In Indonesia it's definitely a religious thing: dogs are mostly unwanted, except for the Christian and Hindu groups.

Cats don't bark.

It is not problem,that they eat cats or dogs.The problem is - how animals are being killed.

Asians believe that suffering makes their meat to taste better:more suffering - makes sweater taste.

I saw many video clips on YouTube illustrating what they do to poor puppies and kittens before cooking - truly disgusting!

May be I will find some of them - I will put links here and I will ruin your weekend.

In Guangzhou/Canton - they have big food court,size of the factory - where they do it on large scale: "Dogs&Cats Hell".

in all restaurants serving dogs - they bash them up to death - or they burn them over fire;

the worst fate is reserved for cats - they skin them alive and drop them into boiling water.

enjoy your next dogs dish.

Come around to my place, there are hundreds and the stench from these creatures is so over powering that we can't open up our windows or doors. Everyday is a task going around cleaning up all the cat <deleted> and scrubbing the outside area down with bleach twice a day. We use around 20 litres of bleach a week and it costs nearly 1,000 baht a week to clean up after them. We don't even own a cat. These belong to others who just let them breed out of control and haven't even got the decency to keep them inside their own home. Trying to sleep at night is almost impossible and you have to wear earplugs because they scream and fight all day and night. Until we got this problem cats never really worried me, now I hate them with a vengeance they are nothing but dirty filthy vermin.

My wife has just informed me that she has found a couple of guys who can come around to our home and trap all the cats in our yard for free. She says they take them away and sell them. They will have truck loads from out place, they are bringing around 20 cages (traps) tomorrow. It is good as we may get a life back.

My wife has just informed me that she has found a couple of guys who can come around to our home and trap all the cats in our yard for free. She says they take them away and sell them. They will have truck loads from out place, they are bringing around 20 cages (traps) tomorrow. It is good as we may get a life back.

Careful -you may have big problems if a nice neighbours cat happens to jump over your wall. The big problem being loved pets---are therapy to many ill or elderly.

Maybe we have to concentrate on local government who could play a big part in the sterilising of strays. Problem is always the same here local government monies allocated to areas are NOT used for the purpose they are intended.

I saw a cat last night dig a hole and then did it's business and was shocked when it even covered it up. WOW.

wait for it---with a spade. 55 haha

It's hard to restrain oneself from rudeness towards what you ! where maybe you were just attempting to pass on a FUNNY comment !!... !! bah.gif

Are you a westerner ??? do you not have a sense of humour ??? yes it was a joke---do you not understand we can have a laugh on here at times.

Or did you believe a cat would use a spade to do it's toilet ???? amazing

• Like 1

Careful -you may have big problems if a nice neighbours cat happens to jump over your wall. The big problem being loved pets---are therapy to many ill or elderly.

Maybe we have to concentrate on local government who could play a big part in the sterilising of strays. Problem is always the same here local government monies allocated to areas are NOT used for the purpose they are intended.

Got four already, one (Tom) belonging to a neighbour she told them about it and they don't want it so the guys will be back tonight to take them away

Only got four out of "hundreds"? Sounds like wifey hired the wrong dudes. And one of the cats was your neighbor's? How pissed off is that neighbor?

Call your lawyer--the fuzz are on the way--and you'll be charged with "Accessory to cat-napping" cheesy.gif

Come around to my place, there are hundreds and the stench from these creatures is so over powering that we can't open up our windows or doors. Everyday is a task going around cleaning up all the cat <deleted> and scrubbing the outside area down with bleach twice a day. We use around 20 litres of bleach a week and it costs nearly 1,000 baht a week to clean up after them. We don't even own a cat. These belong to others who just let them breed out of control and haven't even got the decency to keep them inside their own home. Trying to sleep at night is almost impossible and you have to wear earplugs because they scream and fight all day and night. Until we got this problem cats never really worried me, now I hate them with a vengeance they are nothing but dirty filthy vermin.

I've found that housetrained cats are usually better groomed than your average housetrained Aussie.

And they have better dunny etiquette too!

• Like 2

Only got four out of "hundreds"? Sounds like wifey hired the wrong dudes. And one of the cats was your neighbor's? How pissed off is that neighbor?

Call your lawyer--the fuzz are on the way--and you'll be charged with "Accessory to cat-napping" cheesy.gif

4 in a couple of hours is not to bad and the neighbour doesn't want his cat we caught. Tonight we should fill all the traps.

I've found that housetrained cats are usually better groomed than your average housetrained Aussie.

And they have better dunny etiquette too!

well if we get a plague of aussies taking a dump and pissing all over our patios during the night I will call the exterminators also to set a few traps. Never really had that problem in Aust but who knows if they keep breeding in Thailand.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1