Finnair flat beds seats out of BKK?

THAIPHUKET

Flown several times with Finnair. They have two types of business class seats: the older (4-engine) A340 has fully flat seats, but they stay in an angle, so when sleeping, you wake up once in a while cramped up on the floor. These seats a nicknamed "slides". You can sleep in them quite comfortably if you don't make the seat fully flat, leaving a bump under you knees. Try to avoid.

The newer (2-engine) A330 planes have full flat seats, and fully horizontal, so no slide effect. Very confy, nice to sleep.

During the summer months, Finnair only flies once a day to Bangkok, and this aircraft is almost certainly always the newer A330. In the winter season, Finnair flies this route twice a day, and very often the second plane is regrettably the older A340.

Nice food and wines, good service. Nothing spectacular, but safe and sound. IFE has quite limited selection of movies.

this post is not very enlightening. I guess, I´m better off paying up for QR,

To the Qatar experts here, like Khun Yermanee=

QR has specials out of BKK , from time to time, would you sit it out and wait? For how short before a flight in mid September?

this post is not very enlightening. I guess, I´m better off paying up for QR,

To the Qatar experts here, like Khun Yermanee=

QR has specials out of BKK , from time to time, would you sit it out and wait? For how short before a flight in mid September?

Well Qatar's present price offer at 106.582,- Baht to Frankfurt (and not 111.000 as in your OT) for booking till 31.07.2013 for flights till 31.12.2013.

So my guess is that in early august Qatar will launch a new price offer, but impossible to know for sure.

It's also possible that Qatar will offer special prices for the opening of the new airport (if ever) and it's also possible that they will launch a flash sale if bookings are slow.

So you see a lot of possibilities.

Simply put I don't know sad.png

Yermanee wai.gif

p.s. I'm booked for december with Oman Air at 74.000 which was last months flash sale as I announced here on Thaivisa : http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/647996-oman-air-summer-sale/

That´s good enough Yermanee, it tells me it it is worth the wait and take a gamble.

I would happily take again Oman Air, one of your excellent recommendations, if.............if they had a luggage forwarding agreement with TG. Without , I must clear BKK customs, no fun.

BTW I used your suggestion to book hotels directly with the hotel rather than a travel site. This time in Spain, and again savings were substantial.