Residence Certificate while on 90day tourist visa (Jomtien)?C

Mates,

I need to obtain a Residence Certificate from immigration. I'm on a 90day tourist visa, and I've rented a condo ( a 1 month contract ). I'm planning to apply at the Jomtien branch.

Will my application be accepted?

Any advice on how to minimize the risks of it being refused?

TIA

So why do you need a residency certificate? Rent an apartment for a month, condo , etc and the landlord reports to the police that you are staying there. If it is a copy of a lease you need to prove your address ask the landlord for a contract.

Yes B200 fee, take in one day collect the next. Or go to copy shop to the left, they can do straight away, but cost more B500 I think

BTW it will be closed this coming mon/tues and manic wed/thur

Edited by bartender100

I thought you could only get a residence certificate if you're doing 90 day reporting, which you wouldn't do on a tourist visa.

Will probably need to get a certificate from your country's nearest consulate or embassy.

I got one at CM immigration (late 2011 actuallly) while on a TV, for obtaining my Thai driver's license(s). Then they stopped issuing them, thanks to some whining cheapskate dikwads who complained about a "free" service costing 500Bt. So we had to use our various consulates at 1,500BT. Now they are issuing them again but in limited numbers. 90 days reports have nothing to do with it. If you need one for a driver's license or whatever you get one when you need it, not at 90 day intervals (although some offices might be that anal). I will also say you might want a rental agreement that is longer (looking) than one month. The one I used did not have a time allocation on it.

So why do you need a residency certificate? Rent an apartment for a month, condo , etc and the landlord reports to the police that you are staying there. If it is a copy of a lease you need to prove your address ask the landlord for a contract.

I have been here 10 years and have never heard of a 'Residence Certificate'. That's right, I have never had one and I go to Immigration every 90 days, just like any criminal on probation.

I have been here 10 years and have never heard of a 'Residence Certificate'. That's right, I have never had one and I go to Immigration every 90 days, just like any criminal on probation.

The real use of a Residence Certificate is so you can buy a motor bike or car in your name and get you thai drivers licences the document is only valid for 1 month 500baht immigration and normally you can only get on non B or non o visa you need a copy pass port /visa paper copy of rental agreement

I got one at CM immigration (late 2011 actuallly) while on a TV, for obtaining my Thai driver's license(s). Then they stopped issuing them, thanks to some whining cheapskate dikwads who complained about a "free" service costing 500Bt. So we had to use our various consulates at 1,500BT. Now they are issuing them again but in limited numbers. 90 days reports have nothing to do with it. If you need one for a driver's license or whatever you get one when you need it, not at 90 day intervals (although some offices might be that anal). I will also say you might want a rental agreement that is longer (looking) than one month. The one I used did not have a time allocation on it.

Doing 90 day reports indicates that a person is on extension of stay and according to last reports for Bangkok immigration that is the only way they will issue them. Not for tourist or non immigrant visa entries.

It amazes me the range of information given for such a simple question. Two or three answers have been mostly correct.

You need a Residence Certificate for a driver's license or buying a car or motorbike or transferring ownership of a car or motorbike. I have to go get two of them this week for buying a new bike and trading in my old bike. In Pattaya in 2009 I got a Residence Certificate on a tourist visa. I'm certainly hoping they are still 200B for each one you get. I'll find out this week.

Work Permit gets you drivers license, you do not need to pay Immigration 500 Baht for the form they gave me, it is not handy, but is probably exactly what you are asking about.

It says on it if you want to buy a car, and maybe also about a drivers license. Work Permit gets you bike or car in your name, gets you a Thai Drivers License, without a test if you have a current valid license, from whereever, and maybe gets you other other things I am not aware of.

Oh my god I found it.... It is an Applicationn Form For Residence Certificate in Thailand.....

I wish to apply for residence certificate and the following:

For: Drivers license, Bank, or Other.

There is no Number on the form to give you here..Mine says Immigration Division 4

I deal with Sakhon Nakhon, unfortunately.

They tried to get 500 Baht to stamp the filled in form, I told them I would just take the copy as it was free.

I did not need to pay to get a license as they told me I did, knowing I am on a W.P.

A work permit will work as a proof of address for various things. That is well known.

But not everybody has a work permit. That is where the residence certificate comes in.

Also they do not just stamp the form they write a letter in Thai signed and stamped by them. That is why many immigration offices charge an unofficial fee for doing it.

Yes B200 fee, take in one day collect the next. Or go to copy shop to the left, they can do straight away, but cost more B500 I think

BTW it will be closed this coming mon/tues and manic wed/thur

It amazes me the range of information given for such a simple question. Two or three answers have been mostly correct.

You need a Residence Certificate for a driver's license or buying a car or motorbike or transferring ownership of a car or motorbike. I have to go get two of them this week for buying a new bike and trading in my old bike. In Pattaya in 2009 I got a Residence Certificate on a tourist visa. I'm certainly hoping they are still 200B for each one you get. I'll find out this week.

I applied and received 2 last Monday for renewal of DLs (I actually only needed one as the DL centre will take a copy for the second).

If you go in early enough and they are not busy you should get them back quite quickly. I arrived at 8.45am and was out by 9.10 including having the girl fill out the form for me as it was all in Thai. Last year I was not early, it was busy and I had to come back the following day to pick them up.

Still 200 baht - oh and on tourist waiver stamp.

I just got one four days ago at Soi 5 immigration so I could buy a scooter. I am here on a triple entry tourist visa.

I brought my condo lease (one year) with the appropriate head shot photos and photo copies of my passport first

page and visa page and condo lease. The process took 90 min.and I was charged 300 baht. Not sure if a one month

condo lease will suffice (I think it will). They did not look closely they just wanted something with an address.

Photo copy and photo service is available next door at an inflated price. They will ask what it is for, bike purchase,

bank account, drivers licence. I should have got several at the same time. Best of luck

I had to get one for a permanent driving license in Udon..... Not very difficult. Did it on a Tourist Visa. I was told I could not legally drive without a license....even as a tourist? Could just have gotten an International one. It was only two days to do it though...

You need a residency permit to obtain any Thai drivers license therefor you CAN get on on Jomtien on a tourist visa 100%. I know many who have and I as I have many moons ago 100%.

You need a residency permit to obtain any Thai drivers license therefor you CAN get on on Jomtien on a tourist visa 100%. I know many who have and I as I have many moons ago 100%.

It is a residence certificate not a residency permit that is needed. There is a huge difference between the two.