Alcohol free beer+wine

splodger

I've been invited to a wedding next month and the brides family insist on a dry reception,where can I buy alcohol free beer,wine?Foodland?The Avenue?Big C don't have.

Wow. Boring wedding. But cheap hahaha

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

• Like 2

I've been invited to a wedding next month and the brides family insist on a dry reception,where can I buy alcohol free beer,wine?Foodland?The Avenue?Big C don't have.

Wow. Boring wedding. But cheap hahaha

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

He's a recovering alcoholic

I would like to suggest you try this drink which you can buy from Friendship supermarket or Best Supermarket. It tastes just like beer but without alcohol. It's made in Chonburi. it comes in a funky plastic bottle and looks more like a cola beverage on the outside.

Apparently this drink is very popular in Russia and it's made from fermented rye bread. I had never had it before buying it here in Pattaya.

http://www.fullcup.asia/products.html

Edited by Asiantravel

Best supermarket on the dolphin roundabout has a large selection of imported beer. Might have low-alcohol beer too. (Never heard of alcohol-free beer other than root beer)

Yeh, it's called Naam. laugh.png

Went to a farang wedding, nooooooooooooooooooo booooooooooooooooooooze. My mrs says, ''This not good, folk think farang cheap charlie''...........bah.gif

Best supermarket on the dolphin roundabout has a large selection of imported beer. Might have low-alcohol beer too. (Never heard of alcohol-free beer other than root beer)

In Europe you can get many very good quality 0.0% beers,from wheat beer to dark beers(stouts) and ales.Wine is crap though.

Big C extra has a few alcohol free beers, but it isn't cheap, think they come around 50 Baht for a 33cl bottle.

Don't know about alcohol free wine.

Thais will NOT drink it. They will go home if double vision is not achieved after 10 minutes. sad.png

• Like 1

One rude comment has been removed from view. Please show some respect.

OP: Why not just go with juices or one of the many flavored soda pops? When I have a party, the people who don't drink come with juices or some soda pop. These are Thais.

It'd be a nice change to see a wedding where everybody wasn't smashed by 9am.

If you want, try some of these. My wife does variations on these from time to time. Very good.

http://www.epicurious.com/articlesguides/howtocook/dishes/nonalcoholicdrinks

http://rock-ur-party.tablespoon.com/2012/07/22/20-non-alcoholic-party-drinks/

http://www.delish.com/entertaining-ideas/party-ideas/non-alcoholic-drinks#slide-1

http://www.drinksmixer.com/cat/8/

• Like 1

Alcohol-free Warsteiner Beer is available in Thailand. I'll try to find out were it is sold in retail in Pattaya.

Sent from my I-405 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Alcohol-free Warsteiner Beer is available in Thailand. I'll try to find out were it is sold in retail in Pattaya.

Sent from my I-405 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Big C extra has warsteiner

• Like 1

Recovering alcoholics usually don't go for alcohol free beer and wine.

It's called "romancing the drug" and not a great idea. It's also considered rude to offer it, by a lot of alcoholics. Not all mind you, but why risk it?

You'll also find that a lot of alcohol free beer is actually low alcohol beer and you can get a buzz if you drink enough. And an alcoholic can be triggered by drinking it. Just the smell of beer is enough to put the longing into a good alcoholic's brain and that can't be good.

I don't know about alcohol free wine, as I don't recall seeing it during my drinking days. I doubt you'd go wrong with some nice fruit juice, sparkling or otherwise.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

If the bride's father insists on spoiling everybody's fun because he can't handle a beer and begrudges other people who can handle a beer a bit of fun - let the jerk go and buy it himself

Perhaps the bride's family are the ones insisting (as indicated in the OP) because they know what happens when the bride's father gets a snootfull.

I'd suggest that you stay home if you can't abide by the wishes of the family for one afternoon. Or you can always leave early to feed the habit if it's that important to you.

• Like 1

I can buy alcohol free wine in Big C – they have a selection and comes as white, rose, red and various sparkling. Taste quite good; may be a bit fruity, depending of brand. May be stored together with fruit juice instead of alcohol. Tesco also have some. thumbsup.gif
I don't know about alcohol free beer. sad.png

I see French cidre in BigC extra all the time. Comes in bottles that look like Champagne.

Also, non-alc beer usually has still a little alcohol in it. Some 0.1%. I once knew an alcoholic who was dry for 20 years, then started on non-alc beer. After a while he was on 1-2 cases a day, and little later back to booze. I doubt that nonbalc beer and wine is the way to go for alcoholics.

Better stick with mocktails, juices etc.

Its a little like "vegetarian hot dogs", what is the sense in calling them after a meat product?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I see French cidre in BigC extra all the time. Comes in bottles that look like Champagne.

Also, non-alc beer usually has still a little alcohol in it. Some 0.1%. I once knew an alcoholic who was dry for 20 years, then started on non-alc beer. After a while he was on 1-2 cases a day, and little later back to booze. I doubt that nonbalc beer and wine is the way to go for alcoholics.

Better stick with mocktails, juices etc.

Its a little like "vegetarian hot dogs", what is the sense in calling them after a meat product?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Most 'non alcoholic' beer is still slightly alcoholic. I remember drinking a few Barbican which said no alcohol but on the back it said not more than 0.1%. After about 4-5 of them I was all over the place. Not sure if this was due to them being out of date in 1988, or due to the alcohol content. They tasted awful.

From what I understand, and as others said before, non alcoholic beer and wine contains alcohol and is not suitable for recovered alcoholics whatsoever.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app