Khon Kaen Man Kills Ladyboy After She 'Touches His Penis'

Lite Beer

Had to read this piece several times because either I was confused, laughing, or throwing up:

1. The grammar, though readable, is bad (thanks Nation)

2. It's hard to follow who is 'he' or 'she' with the characters

3. Do ladyboys still have their 'package' or not? Shouldn't the media use 'it'?

4. A pen gun? Where do you get that?!

5. Riding threesome on the motorbike with a ladyboy? Eeeew.

My strong impression is that the vast majority of ladyboys in Thailand retain their male genitals all their life. Yes, even in Thailand which has the highest number of sex change surgery procedures in the world (with Iran being the second highest). Its obviously not trivial surgery. The majority do take hormones and get breast enhancements, etc.

Calling a human being IT is horribly insulting. That is unacceptable.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a gem your wife, how about the maybe larger part that does not work in bars but works in normal jobs outside the tourist area's do they all do drugs and die of aids.

I would almost wager there are more non bar working ladyboys then there are ladyboys that work in bars. I wonder if you get much out of your spot of Thailand and see the non tourist places.

The question still remains , where are the older ones ? I honestly have not seen any

the bar working ladyboys marry a Farang and go to live in USA, Australia and Stuttgart.

Had to read this piece several times because either I was confused, laughing, or throwing up:

1 I agree.

2 I agree.

3 allegedly 95+% of ladyboys keep their original gear.

4 Thai tech college, you make them yourself in workshop.

5 You are in Thailand, the menu is more extensive, try everything at least once.

My strong impression is that the vast majority of ladyboys in Thailand retain their male genitals all their life. Yes, even in Thailand which has the highest number of sex change surgery procedures in the world (with Iran being the second highest). Its obviously not trivial surgery. The majority do take hormones and get breast enhancements, etc.

Calling a human being IT is horribly insulting. That is unacceptable.

some transgender people see themselves rather as a third gender then to be a woman or man.

a lot of transgender women will find it quite insulting to be called a "ladyboy".

some transgender people see themselves rather as a third gender then to be a woman or man.

a lot of transgender women will find it quite insulting to be called a "ladyboy".

When you know a person personally, ASK them how they would like to be addressed. Nobody is going to say IT unless they are severely mentally ill. Cheers.

Ladyboy is rather a common word in Thailand. I can see it might be seen sometimes as insulting but hardly surprising. I reject any implication that in itself it is a SLUR word because it clearly is not. You wouldn't call an American transgender person ladyboy just because the culture is different.

Edited by Jingthing

One thing that is a bit of a give away, is that the people with the strongest views on this subject, are likely to be those the least

sure of their orientation.

Also those who have the capacity to swing, and not having the mental threads to process it, going into violent denial.

46 years ago, when I was young and permanently randy, I got 'caught' in a date with a drop dead professional model who turned out to be a transvestite. (Western for ladyboy)

It was supposed to be a joke on me. Well, it didn't work because I tried it anyway and found it quite enjoyable.

I could have made a habit of it, but for the next gorgeous professional dual sex dancer I went out with and did something to, said

"OK, now its my turn." That did cure my interest, but I didn't kill her/ him.

46 years ago there were professional models ladyboys?!

Well that's at first !!!!

Never knew they did breast implants back then

Maybe you were not born yet, (not to get confused with the Thai word yet), also not to use wrong terms, transvestite is not the same as trassexual, and why doesn't anyone mention the driver of the cycle??????????????????

Must be a ghost

You are right, i was not born then, and it is off topic, however even i know 46 years ago there were not many places where people could be openly gay. New York among many other places had laws prohibiting homosexuality in public, and private businesses and gay establishments were regularly raided and shut down

So how exactly did you meet professional model is really beyond me, perhaps a vivid imagination?

Just because there were laws against consensual sex between people of the same gender it doesn't mean there wasn't a scene. 46 years ago was the middle of the sixties, a time of political, social and sexual change. I don't know as wasn't there but I find it easy to believe that there were transsexual/transvestite models at the time.

When you know a person personally, ASK them how they would like to be addressed. Nobody is going to say IT unless they are severely mentally ill. Cheers.

Ladyboy is rather a common word in Thailand. I can see it might be seen sometimes as insulting but hardly surprising. I reject any implication that in itself it is a SLUR word because it clearly is not. You wouldn't call an American transgender person ladyboy just because the culture is different.

I would not recommend to use it outside the "culture" some here call the "entertainment places".

using gender neutral terms isn't a mental illness.

Edited by antfish

I heard the joke calling a ladyboy "it" the first time from Thais. Not in the presence of the boy, though.

Thais also often call regular gays "ladyboys". When I try to correct them, "he is not a ladyboy, just gay", they say "same-same"

The lack of PC brainwash here is sometimes refreshing.

• Like 1

I heard the joke calling a ladyboy "it" the first time from Thais. Not in the presence of the boy, though.

Thais also often call regular gays "ladyboys". When I try to correct them, "he is not a ladyboy, just gay", they say "same-same"

You are correct about that. I think the majority of the mainstream Thai public also thinks gay and ladyboy are the same thing. Of course to a more "objective" western POV, gender identity is one thing and sexual orientation is ANOTHER thing. Gay men to a western POV are gender identified with being MALES, no matter their taste in sexual positions.

I think there is even a tendency among Thai males involved in male to male sex to label gays into being bottom as ladyboys and tops not. Not saying this is very pervasive; not sure how much. This is kind of interesting when compared to super macho Mexico where it is very pervasive to consider tops in male to male sex as totally straight and ONLY the passive men as the gay ones. Different cultures, different labeling.

Edited by Jingthing

The question still remains , where are the older ones ? I honestly have not seen any

This is a really ignorant question.

Prostitute ladyboys work in bars.

Of course you won't see older ones if you frequent such bars.

I went into a barber opposite my kids' school last year and the owner was an old ladyman - 55 ish. I'll never go back as he actually asked if I had a big penis and if he could look at it.

If I go down the local market, I'll see old ladymen.

So sad that some people think all Thai ladyboys are bar prostitutes, similarly that all Thai women are the same profession.

• Like 1

Just because there were laws against consensual sex between people of the same gender it doesn't mean there wasn't a scene. 46 years ago was the middle of the sixties, a time of political, social and sexual change. I don't know as wasn't there but I find it easy to believe that there were transsexual/transvestite models at the time.

46 years ago it was not possible to be a public figure such as ladyboy professional model, hence the Stonewall riots in 1969

I went into a barber opposite my kids' school last year and the owner was an old ladyman - 55 ish. I'll never go back as he actually asked if I had a big penis and if he could look at it.

So sad that some people think all Thai ladyboys are bar prostitutes, similarly that all Thai women are the same profession.

Just shows the circles those people frequent.

• Like 1

What a truckload of bull in 3 pages of stupid comments!

Was she a he? Was he a she? Khatoey or straight man? Gay, trans, wrong bar - all immaterial...

One human being kills another without any mitigating circumstances.

Armed (WHY?) vs unarmed. A stupid macho against a flirting person. No danger, no self defense, no 'loss of face' (unless his dick is his face).

Another brilliant example of 'Thai Culture' at work.

The next one I expect to be - letting the killer go on basis of ... 'lost face' concept... or having been drunk... or having been a real Thai macho man... or killer's family donating $3,000 to victim's family... or???

Disgusting!

I hope you're wrong about this as being an example of 'Thai Culture' (brilliant or not). I see it as probably a mugging that turned violent when the victim resisted and, even if the shooter could prove that he was groped, his claim should not be considered as a credible/viable defense. To me this is an example of a 'Culture of Criminality' or 'Culture of Violence' that exists in all countries and the big question to me is how pervasive is it in Thailand?

Edited by MaxYakov

You are correct about that. I think the majority of the mainstream Thai public also thinks gay and ladyboy are the same thing. Of course to a more "objective" western POV, gender identity is one thing and sexual orientation is ANOTHER thing. Gay men to a western POV are gender identified with being MALES, no matter their taste in sexual positions.

I think there is even a tendency among Thai males involved in male to male sex to label gays into being bottom as ladyboys and tops not. Not saying this is very pervasive; not sure how much. This is kind of interesting when compared to super macho Mexico where it is very pervasive to consider tops in male to male sex as totally straight and ONLY the passive men as the gay ones. Different cultures, different labeling.

JT - I think the phrase you were looking for was "pitching or catching".

On a side note, play golf in Thailand and you'll soon learn that a "hybrid" club is called a katoey. It's neither an iron nor a wood.....it's a 50/50 hybrid.

And that for me sums up how Thais generally perceive a katoey - not as a 3rd gender, or gay/homosexual, transvestite, transsexual or any other English word you care to use, but 50% male and 50% female. A half and half (and even that's a bad comparative).

Katoey is a Thai word describing a phenomenon that while not isolated to Thailand, describes a cultural acceptance of a behaviour that is unique to Thailand. Perhaps the closest English word that should be used is in fact "hybrid".

The only thing that is ignorant is your assumption i was referring to hookers.

Just because you saw ONE it does not exactly answer the question.

There are thousands, just not the older ones. But you have seen ONE, so it makes you an expertrolleyes.gif

Please try to think before you postw00t.gif

What a gem your wife, how about the maybe larger part that does not work in bars but works in normal jobs outside the tourist area's do they all do drugs and die of aids.

I would almost wager there are more non bar working ladyboys then there are ladyboys that work in bars. I wonder if you get much out of your spot of Thailand and see the non tourist places.

the bar working ladyboys marry a Farang and go to live in USA, Australia and Stuttgart.

um how can the marry a farang? The marriage wouldn't be recognised in Australia so definitely couldn't take your boyfriend over there on a spouse visa

I guess some of us peasants have not been able to break into high society's of Thailandcoffee1.gif

46 years ago it was not possible to be a public figure such as ladyboy professional model, hence the Stonewall riots in 1969

Here's a link to transvestite photographs from the 1960's. The photo below is from this news item.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/04/les-amies-de-place-blanche-transvestites-of-1960s-paris/

post-124914-0-33670000-1374991562_thumb.

• Like 1

Not really. That's kind of corny dated slang.

Top/Bottom

Active/Passive

is standard terminology.

Curses!! I only heard pitching and catching said for the first time last week. I'm out of date already!!

Read up on the story of April Ashley, Amanda Lear and others who worked as models and in transvestite/transsexual shows in 60s France. Edited by Bluespunk

Read up on the story of April Ashley, Amanda Lear and others who worked as models and in transvestite/transsexual shows in 60s France.

ok i will, thanks

Top/Bottom

Active/Passive

is standard terminology.

Curses!! I only heard pitching and catching said for the first time last week. I'm out of date already!!

Thais sometimes say Gay King / Gay Queen.

• Like 1

Top/Bottom

Active/Passive 

is standard terminology. 

Curses!!  I only heard pitching and catching said for the first time last week.  I'm out of date already!!

In 24 years, I've never heard this.

Top/Bottom

Active/Passive

is standard terminology.

I've heard katoey-kwai used. Big ugly ladyboy. Never heard it said in the actual presence of a big ugly ladyboy though - probably not conducive to achieving old-age.

I guess some of us peasants have not been able to break into high society's of Thailand:coffee1:

Nothing to do with high/lo society. There are elder ladymen in both.

It shows that you obviously don't live in the real Thailand. Maybe you are a tourist or live in Pattaya?

Edited by Neeranam

I guess some of us peasants have not been able to break into high society's of Thailand:coffee1:

Nothing to do with high/lo society. There are elder ladymen in both.

It shows that you obviously don't live in the real Thailand. Maybe you are a tourist or live in Pattaya?

I am not high so at all, but I do live outside the tourist area's and sex centers. I can understand that one living in Pattaya would have a different perceptive.But I know for a fact Thailand is bigger as Pattaya.