Honda cbr650 2014

last night celebrations of my new bike was wild a bit so can just go for a ridebiggrin.png

hopefully will throw a post today after some ride.

also crazy hot today in Bangkok! cloudy but not raining.

Edited by ll2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same here in CM

This is why I love the winter cool months for riding so much.

The thought of going out today in high heat with smog from burning here is

not too enticing :)

How much does it drink ?

Advertising claims are

The fuel economy is measured at 21 km/l with a 350 kms range.

Read more at http://www.motorbeam.com/bikes/honda-cbr650/honda-brings-4-cylinder-cbr650f-to-2014-auto-expo/#HbQdLq5lRAAevsIp.99

21 km/l is a lot, that is how much my 8 y.o. cruiser drinks (when cruising at a 100 kmh) and it's part of the reason why I want to get rid of it.

It is a lot worse than that however if I go faster...

Sent from a Nuclear Submarine.

Same here in CM

yup I can't even get in my pool until after dark as its too f@#kin hot!

Same here in CM

not too enticing smile.png

hahah I know....You know I am adjusting a little with each year that goes by but

still nothing close to comfy with it.

How much does it drink ?

Advertising claims are

The fuel economy is measured at 21 km/l with a 350 kms range.

Read more at http://www.motorbeam.com/bikes/honda-cbr650/honda-brings-4-cylinder-cbr650f-to-2014-auto-expo/#HbQdLq5lRAAevsIp.99

21 km/l is a lot, that is how much my 8 y.o. cruiser drinks (when cruising at a 100 kmh) and it's part of the reason why I want to get rid of it.

21 seems good as I'm only around 12-15 depending on how much excitement I want.

First pics of my new bike. Reveived it today and did 100 km already and break in the bike hard. Saw 200 kph easily couple of times!

Bike is great!!! Fast man!

Suspensions, handling are nice!

Not feeling heavy.

Changing the oil and oil filter now and installing Active tail tidy, R&G radiator guard and fuel cap pad now.

Photos of first steps of my bike and while installing the mods.

Full first impressions soon!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How much does it drink ?

They claim 21 km per lit but i cannot even reach that with cbr500r. It was around 20 km per lit for cbr500 for me.

I think it will go like 16 km per lit for hard use and 20 km per lit max.

Same here in CM

Last two days and today was crazy in bangkok! I mean live here for 7 years and hot does not bother me much but these days a bit too much. It is cloudy like a greenhouse!

LL2 are you going to put all the red bikers stuff on this bike too?

bikers have nothing for this bike. once they have, i might get a couple of things but will not be spending on cosmetics much this time.

LL2 are you going to put all the red bikers stuff on this bike too?

I don't think any of the bikers things fit from the cbr250, except for the license plate holder.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

rear pegs can also a couple of things more but will not be putting them.

will powdercoat rearsets, rear pegs and levers in black possibly.

Edited by ll2

How much does it drink ?

Advertising claims are

Agreed. Metric means nothing to me, but Google converts that to 50mpg which seems pretty good. A sight better than the 600's.

Agreed. Metric means nothing to me, but Google converts that to 50mpg which seems pretty good. A sight better than the 600's.

You live now in a metric country, pay fuel by the liter and travel distances by Km. Wouldn't be time to adapt ?

You live now in a metric country, pay fuel by the liter and travel distances by Km. Wouldn't be time to adapt ?

Probably, yes.

So today I went to pick up my bike from service. TO my suprize I saw 10 CBR650f standing on the side just delivered. Took some shots and made a video of engine revving up. I asked mechanic to connect battery to one and rev it. Please stand by for pictures and video.

Also they said if I were to give my 500r to them and change to 650 I need to add around 147k. Loved the bike, had a chance to ride but in a soi you cant do much with it. Nice 3 lucky gits picked it theirs today. Also They said wait time is 1 month, naked version willl come next month. For cbr only red and black.

So today I went to pick up my bike from service. TO my suprize I saw 10 CBR650f standing on the side just delivered. Took some shots and made a video of engine revving up. I asked mechanic to connect battery to one and rev it. Please stand by for pictures and video.

Also they said if I were to give my 500r to them and change to 650 I need to add around 147k. Loved the bike, had a chance to ride but in a soi you cant do much with it. Nice 3 lucky gits picked it theirs today. Also They said wait time is 1 month, naked version willl come next month. For cbr only red and black.

So there offering 153,000 for your trade. Sounds like a good deal.

How much does it drink ?

Advertising claims are

Are those British gallons or American gallons? :)

I must admit i love the new swingarm, exhaust design, the seat is a big improvementbover 500 very big and soft. One thing thebnew dash looks weird 2 buttons on it look hideous like a cheap ass plastic calculator for 20 bht. Other than thay loved it

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

OK, lets start.

I am riding it for 48 hours now and has already made 300 kms in the city and on the highway so now can post my first real impressions.

1- Design: It is growing on me know. Like the mini fairing that shows the engine and like the fact that there are less plastics on the bike. Also, the hole underseat showing the rear shock is a nice detail. It looks like a half naked bike!

Installed Active tail tidy and rear end looks better and less chubby. Anyway, once you are on the bike, who cares the design!

2- Engine: It has been sometime since i have not been driving an inline four and my god, i understand how missed it a lot! A lot of power everywhere, very flexible engine not like a cbr600r, has a lot of torque at low and mid revs. At 6th gear, it pulls up from 3000 rpm easily! Hard to understand on which gear i am as at all gears, it pulls all the time:) A gear indicator is a must.

it makes 100 kph at first gear and i think at 6th gear on 11.500 rpm, it will show around 240 kph so expect a max speed on the odo around 240 - 250 kph. it accelerates really good.

it is a powerful engine guys, if no experience on bikes, i really do not recommend a honda cbr650f. it is blurring fast guys, not a joke!

the low torque makes the bike easy to ride in the city and provides lots of flexibility.

Only gripe about the engine, it gets hot fast - of course normal still it does not heat the seat and where you place your legs in tank magically. But chassis, front plastics, swingarm, pipe all lava hot. But, not that bad and only a bit more than cbr500r.

Also, one needs to be careful while operating the throttle. Roads in Bangkok are already very slippery so i take it easy on the throttle now as rear slided a couple of times.

3- Suspensions: Not like a cbr500r or Kawa er6n/f. Suspensions are pretty good if you ask me. No excessive dive at the front and mid corner pumps do not upset the handling. It is also comfy on bumps at the same time. Checked the fork and it is from Showa. Aftermarket Ohlins rear shock and new springs for the front might not be needed even for a while. I am really surprised on this factor alone but this bike will be sold in USA and Europe as a mid sized sport touring bike so actually, it has to be this way.

But, rear shock sometime having a hard time to keep the tire on the road on bad surfaces.

4- Handling: Low speed ride is easy. Still, not as easy as a honda cbr500r but still fine. it does not turn in lightening fast but really good for a 209 kg bike. High speed ride is a lot stable and front end is not light. Go through some curves and bike handles great man, finally something that can handle properly after many years.

City ride is not that harder than cbr500r, tip toeing on the bike is also fine, you dont feel the weight much apart from u turns and parking etc.

5- Brakes: Very good, a proper setup. Rear brake is strong and it bites too much if you ask me. Very light rear brake lever and not super easy to modulate.

Twin discs at front is great but after 2 hours of hard city riding and lots of braking, heard the freaking high pitch sound of brake fade, still normal if you ask me on stop and go traffic but on a track, they will get cooler so dont expect problems.

Brake modulation at front is really good, like a Honda. Also, you can adjust - 6 steps - the brake handle.

6- Transmission: Classic Honda. Exact and positive, no false neutrals, easy to find neutral. My only gripe is the vague feeling while down shifting as you dont hear the clicks easily but it is still audible clicky while up shifting. Get used of it now. But this provides very light lever action, just a small touch and it up or down shifts. Modulation is OK for an inline four.

Will get a gear indicator soon anyway.

Moreover, hard to say something exact for tranny though as they mostly act weird during the first 1000 km so take my comments with this in your mind.

7- Tires: They were scary at first 20 km but get grippy after that. They are good enough for any condition for now but will change them to a better ones at 10 k km.

8- Comfort: Very comfy bike. My gf said it is the comfiest bike she sat down in her life. banana seat looks but provides a lot human comfort. Rider pillion is a lot big and lots of space to move around. But a tank grip - Stomp grip - is needed for legs although bike has a plastic part on the chassis for this still not enough. It is harder to take the seat off than a twp piece setup but still it is easier than i expected.

Drove 100 km two times in a row and bikes irons the irregularities on the road comfortable and suspension setup is also comfy plus the comfy seat, i can say bike is a lot comfortable. You can sit upright or tuck, whatever you like, there are room.

I am sure it is good for commuting, touring or whatever you want.

Very less space under seat but enough to get a big XENA lock, tool set, documents, a bungy cord and a sandwich.

9- Electronics: Light are powerful so do led light on the back and front. Instrument cluster is easy to read but now less time to check it as bike is fast man! One glance and you get all the info you need. Signals are all good and visible but will change

them with led ones on my cbr500r.

10- Overall quality: Fit and finished are nice for this price point, nothing is squeaking, buzzing or falling apart. Levers are nice and this time, will not be changing the levers. They have a good feeling.

11- Mods: I will not be spending much on this bike. Got Active Tail tidy, R&G radiator guard and fuel tank carbon pad right away and they are on my bike now. In the future, will look for a pipe - under the bike again - , and might work on suspensions a bit and but Ohlins unit available at Bigwing. Looking for a nice tank pad as well.

of course, will buy sliders and a couple of more protective mods but none available now

12- Economy: Bike trip computer shows 15.6 km per lit now. But i think it is less than that of course i break in the bike now and pushing a bit. I believe, i will get around 16 km per lit from this bike average. 13 km per lit on hard use and 19 km per lit on good boy use. Not much higher than my cbr500r really.

These are what i can say after 300 km.

I am sure more will appear soon but overall, i am really surprised the ride of cbr650f.

Suspensions are cool, bike is fast, chassis is stable, brakes are assuring so finally they reach a proper sport bike setup for this price in Thailand. A proper sport bike for 300 k thb!!!

Naked version will be available next month.

All i can say, you cannot go wrong with these new 650 cc hondas and if you are looking for a proper sport bike with touring capabilities, just get a cbr650f. Best price/performance value in Thailand IMO.

Photos attached but for videos, you guys need to wait a bit as i am going to Phnom Penh - Cambodia sad.png tomorrow for business and will be back next Friday so next weekend will post some proper videos that can give the feeling of the bike - and the blurring momentsbiggrin.png

I am a really happy rider and dont want something powerful and bigger than this in Thailand. Just it is more than enough.

Edited by ll2

loserlazer, congrats on your new bike man! have fun and please ride safe!

20Km/L is not that bad for this bike.

I get about 24-28Km/L on the city on my CB500F,

Surprisingly last weekend on a 600KM trip, I managed to pull 32 Km/L Cruising at 110-120 Km/h most of the time.

G/F also don't like much the seat of the 500F, so a 650F is on the plans.

Some more photos.

keep in mind, tail tidy/rear fender is aftermarket but really transforms that chunky rear end in a good way. looks good!

Also would like to add the fact that, wind protection is great! No buffeting or lift at all. Clear air.
Although very small windscreen, the result is superb.
Will post a video next weekend.

post-184955-13950565717563_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13950565861683_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13950566202083_thumb.jpg

post-184955-1395056642622_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13950566601099_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13950567463666_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13950567601006_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13950567747608_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13950567935382_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13950568116225_thumb.jpg