Another Question Regarding Getting An 'o' Visa

Hello people,

I am an Englishman who has recently married the love of his life for seven years, who is a Thai lass.

I aim to go on a visa run in the next couple of weeks as my current 'B' visa is almost expired. A buddy told me that the Thai Embassy in Vientiane, Laos only issues three month non immigrant 'o' visas. Ideally I would like to go to an embassy or consulate that gives me one that is valid for a year (but I do know that I'll still have to do a visa run every three months).

So if anyone can let me know where to go I'd appreciate it. I was thinking of somewhere cheap and easy to get to, like Penang. Does Penang do one year ones, if not then where?

I hope to hear from you soon, anyone that can assist a bloke requiring much needed advice.

Robert

PS. The good Doctor Patpong gives sound advice, so he is more than welcome to reply.

Penang is your best bet. If you can take the wife it makes a good vacation trip. If not be sure to take copy of marriage certificate/her id card and to be sure a note from her that you live together (not always needed but good insurance).

Hello people,

I am an Englishman who has recently married the love of his life for seven years, who is a Thai lass.

I aim to go on a visa run in the next couple of weeks as my current 'B' visa is almost expired. A buddy told me that the Thai Embassy in Vientiane, Laos only issues three month non immigrant 'o' visas. Ideally I would like to go to an embassy or consulate that gives me one that is valid for a year (but I do know that I'll still have to do a visa run every three months).

So if anyone can let me know where to go I'd appreciate it. I was thinking of somewhere cheap and easy to get to, like Penang. Does Penang do one year ones, if not then where?

I hope to hear from you soon, anyone that can assist a bloke requiring much needed advice.

Robert

PS. The good Doctor Patpong gives sound advice, so he is more than welcome to reply.

Lop gave you sound advice Robert...off to Penang for an O class visa

Cheers, Lop and Pong,

I have heard that Penang is starting to get awkward for some reason. Have you heard this?

Will Penang give me a one year non imm o visa?

Thanks again

Rob

If they think that you are border hopping to avoid the income / banking requirements they might be awkward. Why not seek a one year extension in Thailand ?

Thanks again.

I didn't know that you could get a one year extension in Thailand. I'm currently on a b visa but want to change it to an o. I will be taking to Penang my marriage certificate, my daughter's (with my Thai wife) birth certificate and her Thai ID card?

Do you reckon that this'll be enoungh?

Cheers again for the advice,

Rob

That should be enough. Malaysia observes Saturday/Sunday as weekend (plus Consulate is closed on Thai and Malay holiday); and believe other border countries also abserve Sat/Sun.

If you have 200k in a bank account you could ask about changing your visa to O and extension with immigration. They may tell you to travel but there is a chance they could do here which might make the trip to immigration worthwhile. If you are unable to provide bank account you will have to make the trip and should request a multi entry non immigrant visa which will be valid of one year and allow trips here for about 15 months if used wisely.