new immigration venue

true blue

This morning I asked the lady sergeant who processes retirement extensions about this. She said that Immigration Division 5 will move. That will have no effect on normal immigration processing. sad.png

[Of course she may not have the latest 'scoop'.]

The thought of it moving out to City Hall, as has been mooted many times, I hope is not an option.Next door to the present site, as an add on, would be ok, plenty of space and parking.

Present site is working ok now but 5 years down the road, with the current rate of new foreign residents arriving, it could be a nightmare.

This morning I asked the lady sergeant who processes retirement extensions about this. She said that Immigration Division 5 will move. That will have no effect on normal immigration processing. sad.png

[Of course she may not have the latest 'scoop'.]

Might ease the current 'non-existent' parking a bit--if Div. 5 move--whoever they are...

already the current location parking lot is full by 8 oclock. The building itself just cannot hold the number of people. You really have to wiggle your way through the crowds. I think that if they do it right, it would be nice to have a new building and it makes sense to have it near the city hall. One stop shopping for all of your needs, no more running back and forth between labor department and immigration.

But as all things, I won't hold my breath but will welcome it when/ if it does happen

Why would they move, whilst people are getting processed so fast (according to posts)?

90 days 5 minutes, annual renewal 30 mins, would be hard to beat anywhere.

Nice try

They no longer have the room for the 14 new officers they are authorized to hire.

Also a lot of the Burmese are going to the other building. They do not post on here so we have no idea of how long their wait is. 30 Minutes for extension I hope so. Last time I was there I had to wait longer than that after my interview was over to get my passport back.

Also you are unaware of what goes on there but there are a lot of people waiting hours just to get the interview for their extension. I know this might come as a shock to you but there are only 10 slots a day for on line and more like 40 people being processed there. Plus other things I like you know nothing about. Like marriage extensions and other stuff they do there.

Maybe they are trying to be like Pattaya and cut all stays down to half an hour.

Perhaps this will be the start of using the bar code for what ever reason it is supposed to be.

It will probably be the last time we have to listen to the whining and sniveling about parking spaces.

Last but not least we all (well most of us) know it is needed.

But it might just be a rumor.

Why would they move, whilst people are getting processed so fast (according to posts)?

Nice try

They no longer have the room for the 14 new officers they are authorized to hire.

Also a lot of the Burmese are going to the other building. They do not post on here so we have no idea of how long their wait is. 30 Minutes for extension I hope so. Last time I was there I had to wait longer than that after my interview was over to get my passport back.

Also you are unaware of what goes on there but there are a lot of people waiting hours just to get the interview for their extension. I know this might come as a shock to you but there are only 10 slots a day for on line and more like 40 people being processed there. Plus other things I like you know nothing about. Like marriage extensions and other stuff they do there.

Maybe they are trying to be like Pattaya and cut all stays down to half an hour.

Perhaps this will be the start of using the bar code for what ever reason it is supposed to be.

It will probably be the last time we have to listen to the whining and sniveling about parking spaces.

I bow to your vastly superior knowledge of immigration.wai.gif

• Like 1

A new office would certainly pay for its self,if/when it does happen ,whats

betting all the visa fees go up as well !

regards Worgeordie

That would have to happen nation wide, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a new fee structure in the not too distant future + the amount required for marriage extension go up to 800,000 the same as retirement. It would make sense as the person extending a visa based on marriage, really needs more money, than say a single retired man.

I heard yesterday that a new law is being implemented in October next year.

All Thai women between the ages of 18 to 35 years of age, will be imposed by law to marry farangs between the ages of 50 to 75 years old.

It`s true I tell you, my friend who owes the bar has always been a reliable source of information.

Somethings I do know, and I do have this from a real reliable source of information, Chiang Mai Immigration have no plans to expand their premises and no plans to increase their numbers of staff in the foreseeable future. Until there are any official announcements, the suffering and inconvenience will continue, and we can expect the situation to become much worse, maybe nonfunctional before they will even consider making any improvements and plying more resources into the service.

And that`s the gospel truth.

That's a new use to Central KSK...when all the new malls open....

I suggest an open air beach volleyball at the top floor where you get a outdoor screen with the numbers and waiting time.

You can sip a cold beer and watch Chang girls vs Singha

The more bored ones can catch a movie, play a bowling game or shop @ Tops

Renewal of visa for the Burmese, usually arrive around 7am finish 4pm. We accompany our Burmese staff, having completed all the forms for them and it takes us that long.

Nice try

Renewal of visa for the Burmese, usually arrive around 7am finish 4pm. We accompany our Burmese staff, having completed all the forms for them and it takes us that long.

Of course the post was referring to the non Burmese section.

It seems grossly unfair that it takes so long in that section.

As you complete all the paperwork and also accompany your staff, perhaps you could tell us why it takes so long?

Edited by uptheos

Nice try

Thanks for the information.There is a lot more going on there than most people realize.

As for Beetlejuice you may be on to some thing.

We know that Chiang Mai has been authorized to hire 14 or 15 more staff. The problem being it has to be done in Bangkok.

We are basically at the mercy of Bangkok people who complain don't realize that it is not the Chiang Mai immagration office doing it to them it originates in Bangkok. Also it is not being done to them personally.

I hope the rumor about the new building is true but I am not going to hold my breath.

As I said most of us realize the need.

We need to be fair about these things, and have a tit-for-tat system.

My suggestion is this:

There are 14,000 Thai nationals living in Australia at present. Bring in a 90-day visa run requirement, and require all Thais to do a visa run. There's a great choice of places to go to - eg Jakarta, Auckland, Kuala Lumpur, Port Moresby, even Bangkok.

Then sit back and wait for the howls of protest.

Oh yes: Construct a suitable wood building with iron roof about one-quarter of the size it should be, and name this "Immigration Office". There are a great many existing buildings which would be ideal for this purpose. To be fair, have one in each state.

Photo of proposed new Immigration Office attached.

post-111567-0-53311900-1376648139_thumb.

• Like 1

Nice try

Thanks for the information.There is a lot more going on there than most people realize.

We know that Chiang Mai has been authorized to hire 14 or 15 more staff. The problem being it has to be done in Bangkok.

We are basically at the mercy of Bangkok people who complain don't realize that it is not the Chiang Mai immagration office doing it to them it originates in Bangkok. Also it is not being done to them personally.

I hope the rumor about the new building is true but I am not going to hold my breath.

We don't know that 14 extra people have been employed from Bangkok.That rumour has been around the traps for over a month,where are they ? started by someone who believes he is the font of all knowledge about goings on in CM. Your desire to add fuel to every rumour, in your eyes, must justify you commenting on every single post.

• Like 2

My suggestion is this:

There are 14,000 Thai nationals living in Australia at present. Bring in a 90-day visa run requirement, and require all Thais to do a visa run. There's a great choice of places to go to - eg Jakarta, Auckland, Kuala Lumpur, Port Moresby, even Bangkok.

Oh yes: Construct a suitable wood building with iron roof about one-quarter of the size it should be, and name this "Immigration Office". There are a great many existing buildings which would be ideal for this purpose. To be fair, have one in each state.

That building is totally unsuitable, as it has sufficient parking-space, for two miles in every direction ! rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Nice try

We don't know that 14 extra people have been employed from Bangkok.That rumour has been around the traps for over a month,where are they ? started by someone who believes he is the font of all knowledge about goings on in CM. Your desire to add fuel to every rumour, in your eyes, must justify you commenting on every single post.

Are you OK I said nothing about 14 extra people being employed from Bangkok I said they were authorized to do it but it would have to be done in Bangkok. So far they have not done it. Stick around and you will get use to Thai logic.

Could be a rumor but I doubt it. It was in City Life.

So far you seem to be the only one calling it a rumor.

+1

My suggestion is this:

That building is totally unsuitable, as it has sufficient parking-space, for two miles in every direction ! rolleyes.gif

No way. that's where the sheep are going to be parked.