connecting a tablet to a PC

piston broke

don't have wi fi - have ADSL connected to the pc.

Have the "myphoneexplorer and airdroid guys" read this?

Amazing. Hard to imagine anyone having a tablet these days without wifi.

Oh well, for 500B the OP can buy a wifi USB dongle and use it on his PC to provide wifi for his tablet.

I guess, you misunderstood.

It's not his tablet, but it seems his PC is directly connected to the ADSL modem, without any wifi router.

So he won't be able to connect to the tablet.

I guess, you misunderstood.

It's not his tablet, but it seems his PC is directly connected to the ADSL modem, without any wifi router.

So he won't be able to connect to the tablet.

No, I understood. He has a tablet. He has ADSL. He has no wifi. So his tablet cannot connect to the internet or his local network.

What I didnt understand is why anyone would want to have a tablet if they dont have wifi available, hence my suggestion of fitting a cheap USB wifi dongle to provide this. Or getting a cheap wifi router/access point, I suppose.

What I didnt understand is why anyone would want to have a tablet if they dont have wifi available,

Maybe, the tablet has builtin 3G, or he uses it with an 3G Android phone, acting as a "hotspot"?

Or getting a cheap wifi router/access point,

Yepp.

This, or just installing proper USB driver on his PC and using a cable...wink.png

An cheap USB dongle for his PC won't work.

In the best case, you will be able to share your's PC Internet connection, but no file transfer.

Edited by Turkleton

Again, cables - swap SD cards etc - install Dropbox and you can share all documents between your mobile phone / laptop / desktop etc without any cable or swapping SD through Dropbox - you only need of course a WiFi network at home...