Many accidents this full moon on Koh Phangan

Several years ago I was bragging about how fast my 900cc Fireblade was, and a friend who was a competitive shotputter and weighed 140kgs convinced me to take him for a ride. Aaaargh an old Honda Click would have been faster off the mark than the two of us. Can't believe that photo, surely the front wheel would be up in the air!

It's easy to rent a song thew/taxi at phangan. No one has to drive after they've had A few. It's A fun place to party.If you've never experienced it. I would go and check it out at least once.

ummm!!! you want to run around the place, pick up a mate from their resort , pop into town for something, go score your weed, find a nice quiet beach or water fall to get stoned drive around to check out the best bar etc and you want to rely on a song thew/ taxi .. good luck with that theres a million of them that drive by at the same time when the ferries come in then nothing for hours.

i think the danger is overstated.

considering how many drunk/drugged people are there going crazy, it is a wonder that there isn't more death and serious injury. I've been to the FMP 3 or 4 times now. Never had any issues. Just use a little common sense. Those that don't will reap the consequences.

Not really something funny, it is just that after my many years living here never having seen the police stop anybody for either of those two things, your very reasonable question made laughter the easiest feeling to deal with.......

• Like 1

If I knew the code for all those fancy smileys I'd put a few in myself right now.

I must sound like the most naive, sheltered lass from the c_untreeeee siiide! I've not been to Thailand but a few other places in Asia, lived in Singapore on and off. (Not really a comparison I know, apart from the driving!! :o )

I just would have thought because it *is* an easy money earner that they would have picked up on that over there; especially after all these years of what seems like a pretty steady stream of deaths and injuries.

If I knew the code for all those fancy smileys I'd put a few in myself right now.

I must sound like the most naive, sheltered lass from the c_untreeeee siiide! I've not been to Thailand but a few other places in Asia, lived in Singapore on and off. (Not really a comparison I know, apart from the driving!! ohmy.png )

I just would have thought because it *is* an easy money earner that they would have picked up on that over there; especially after all these years of what seems like a pretty steady stream of deaths and injuries.

Speeding and drink driving are offence's and yes the police do fine you and can lose point's on your Thai licence. I have been fined various times for speeding but not for drink driving but have been breathalyzer on some occasions but passed, the limit is .05% same as Aust.

• Like 1

I think that among the people who lives on this island, about 15 has a drivers license.

When I asked the police about why they don't fine the driver who crashed into the kindergarden, they said that they can't fine the tourists who come here to enjoy themselves. But it's perfectly ok to fine somebody 20.000 baht for smoking a joint. Seem like they have their priorities all messed up.

• Like 2

I must say though that I can't imagine there being a lot of accidents on KPG apart from the Had Rin - Thong Sala road. I know people have died around Had Yao & Chaloklum but there can't be many of those, I drive on those roads all the time and I'm myself pretty much the fastest and most reckless driver I've seen (which isn't to say much). Apart from the abovementioned road, there isn't much traffic and people drive slowly, with a slight exception for full moonies and Christmas/New Year.

First time I was at FMP, was about 15 years ago.

Had Rin beach had florescent bubbles in the waters.

Water was clean and clear. Best KP had to offer.

Drugs were pleantiful (good point)

Beer wasn't. (good point)

Music sucked. (bad point)

Last went about 3 months ago. That is 15 year gap.

Had Rin water is nasty.

No drugs. (bad point).

Lots of beer and those phucking buckets. First time I've seen that. (bad point)

Music great. (good point)

200 bt to get in for some cheap ass wrist thingy.

I think that may be the last time I go, though would be kind of interesting to see my conservative Chinese wife's response to a Rave party on the beach...........giggle.gif

These events are a disgrace, clearly showing it's all about making money. The drunkenness, drug use, and all is terrible IMHO! You go there and get VD and take a chance of dying, that is fun???

My, aren't you a stick in the mud.