Noise from farangs living in the next condo unit at 3:00 AM each night

paulsh

Living in Pattaya  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really fail to have much sympathy for people like you ...... why ? Because just like the people you are complaining about you only care about yourself ...... it's only fine if they yell and scream during the day in your mind because you don't want to sleep then so who cares about the people that might want peace during the day since you don't.

Why would you expect others to care about you when you only care about yourself just like them ?

The truth is your problems will follow you no matter where you go until you change your attitude and others begin to care about you because they see you care about them.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P.S. ..... The way a sensible person would solve the problem is pretty much the opposite of what you see here.

A sensible person would buy a bottle of booze and bring it over to the party one night and make friends with them and as they were leaving say ..... O and by the way new friends could you please try and keep it down a bit sometimes so my wife doesn't complain about the noise. Which is pretty much the opposite of ratting them out to the management like a tattle tailing little girl.

• Like 2

Wear you earpuff..thumbsup.gif

I'm not alone, and we like to exchange some sweet words while falling asleep...

You can't always have everything your own way. I've managed to sleep next to a construction site (I sleep late) for over a year now by playing music at a moderate level while I sleep. It even got me through 6 weeks of piling. When they start playing up next door you won't hear it over the music. I suggest you try SkyFM.com. You can run it free or pay a small monthly fee for better quality without the ads.

It may take you a few nights to get used to sleeping with music, but after that you'll come to enjoy it. You just have to pick the right channel out of about 60. "Relaxation" is a good one.

Live in a house! Noisy neighbours, the No 1 complaint of condo dwellers.

Any recommendation for a specific area or agency?

The last time I tried to rent a house, it was dirty and didn't have any air conditioner in the main living area!!! (the ones in the bedrooms couldn't reach the living room)

I just don't know where to look, I need what I have in a condo, which is minimum 1 Air-Con per room (including the main living area and kitchen), no cockroaches, and an internet connection.

I know it's pretty basic but really hard to find! Most houses that I visited were "Thai Houses" with outdoor kitchens, only FAN in the living room, no wifi, and even cockroaches at some places!

sad.png

Any recommendation for a specific area or agency? Yes........Get in contact with Adam or Pim at Property Select Pattaya, I know them both, they are good at what they do, they might be able to find you what you want.

Edited by Tonto21

Actually ear plugs are a good idea. You can get them molded to your ear and flush for comfort when on your side. I always carry a pair when I travel for that exact same reason. You never know what the hotel situation will be like when you arrive.

One negative. the ear plugs works really REALLY well; Your alarm wont wake you. Nor will a fire alarm. So some danger there. but like i said, i use them on planes and at hotels when I travel.

The last time I tried to rent a house, it was dirty and didn't have any air conditioner in the main living area!!! (the ones in the bedrooms couldn't reach the living room)

I just don't know where to look, I need what I have in a condo, which is minimum 1 Air-Con per room (including the main living area and kitchen), no cockroaches, and an internet connection.

I know it's pretty basic but really hard to find! Most houses that I visited were "Thai Houses" with outdoor kitchens, only FAN in the living room, no wifi, and even cockroaches at some places!

sad.png

Any recommendation for a specific area or agency? Yes........Get in contact with Adam or Pim at Property Select Pattaya, I know them both, they are good at what they do, they might be able to find you what you want.

Why waste the money and pay premium prices ?

Get on the bike and drive around. Thousands of houses for rent with signs for rent.new, old, clean, dirty, small or big.

13k budget will get a 2 bedroom 2 level townhouse with parking and fully furnished

There is a street bar downstairs from where I live and they stay open till 6 am with the lady's of the night and their male friends yelling all night without any consideration for all the people that are trying to sleep.

It is a residential area so why does the police allow that?

Walk past any new building construction and you'll understand why noise travels easily from room to room. Narrow, paper thin walls. Cheap, inadequate Thai style bricks.

It's not only condos where you can hear the noise from next door, hotel rooms are just as bad....and it's a waste of time complaining to management about it.

Tourists come to Thailand for all sorts of reasons. The most common reason is sex.

You can't expect a red blooded male to have enjoyable sex with a Thai comfort girl without the obligatory chase around the room, leaping onto the bed from the wardrobe, swinging from the chandeliers or naked conga dancing, without making some noise. It's part of the enjoyment.

You probably did similar things before you married.

When it happens again tomorrow night, do the best thing that you can. Knock on his door, with your bottle of baby oil and join them for some slap and tickle...and a bit of good natured noise.

sad.png

You seem to be pretty useless sort of person, there are hundreds of houses out there, big, small, furnished, unfurnished, with pool without pool. The list is endless.

Give them some of their own treatment. Go and by a very cheap Hammer Drill from Home works, and pick up a pile of old bricks. Wake up a bit early, say 6AM and put down a drop cloth (as close to where you think that they sleep as you can) and start drilling the bricks with the hammer drill. Put the bricks against the wall for maximum effect. Just do one or 2 minutes, and then take a 3 minute break, and repeat this until you get bored. Do this every morning for a while. Will make them crazy enough to move, or if they come to complain, then you can explain that they have been disturbing your sleep as well, so if they Shut Up, you will too!!!

Pattaya is definitely a noisy city !!

I've been plagued with nearby karaoke and insomniac roosters for years.

Present TGF seems unconcerned.

Me, I use ear plugs ... that I put on after the sweet nothings have been said !!

East Pattaya has plenty of very nice houses in gated communities. Mine is a very large 3 bedroom with private pool and great security. Fully air conditioned and though we do see the occaisonal cockroach, mostly vermin free. Place is as clean as you keep it and I have a maid twice a week and the wife tidy's up as well. Nicest house I have lived in in Asia.

..and how much is the rent or are you the owner? What area? Who is the landlord/agency? I would like to join you..!

• Like 1

Put a note on their door.

Assuming the people are Farangs, first time you knock the door, find out who the head person in the condo is, then you ask him very nicely to tone it down as you are trying to sleep. The next time, you knock his door and tell him you will make a point of bumping into him when he is by himself, then I think the next stop is obvious.

I'm not alone, and we like to exchange some sweet words while falling asleep...

You can't always have everything your own way. I've managed to sleep next to a construction site (I sleep late) for over a year now by playing music at a moderate level while I sleep. It even got me through 6 weeks of piling. When they start playing up next door you won't hear it over the music. I suggest you try SkyFM.com. You can run it free or pay a small monthly fee for better quality without the ads.

It may take you a few nights to get used to sleeping with music, but after that you'll come to enjoy it. You just have to pick the right channel out of about 60. "Relaxation" is a good one.

It might not be music, it might be that Hip Hop noise.

Actually ear plugs are a good idea. You can get them molded to your ear and flush for comfort when on your side. I always carry a pair when I travel for that exact same reason. You never know what the hotel situation will be like when you arrive.

One negative. the ear plugs works really REALLY well; Your alarm wont wake you. Nor will a fire alarm. So some danger there. but like i said, i use them on planes and at hotels when I travel.

Where can I get this done?

There is a street bar downstairs from where I live and they stay open till 6 am with the lady's of the night and their male friends yelling all night without any consideration for all the people that are trying to sleep.

It is a residential area so why does the police allow that?

Is that not obvious?

"I really fail to have much sympathy for people like you ...... why ? Because just like the people you are complaining about you only care about yourself ...... it's only fine if they yell and scream during the day in your mind because you don't want to sleep then so who cares about the people that might want peace during the day since you don't.

Why would you expect others to care about you when you only care about yourself just like them ?

The truth is your problems will follow you no matter where you go until you change your attitude and others begin to care about you because they see you care about them."

Say what? We have the saying "Your rights end where my nose begins (or in this case, ears)". Why should anyone have to put up with this? It is not like making fun of disabled people. The whole basis of this granola pc post is whack. You buy a condo, you have the right to expect others in same building to be civil, as you would be. Nothing selfish about that, it is for the common good so people can occupy common space. This argument is like apologizing in a VW when the other guy farts. How about asking the noise makers to care about others?

As far as approach, I would go knock on their door at 7 a.m., not too loudly, but persistently. If they answer and say "I was trying to sleep", there is your opening: "I was trying to do that too 4 hours ago" and take it from there. If they don't answer, come back later. If they say lame answer "This is Pattaya and we came to party" say "I understand, and you can party all you want. Just need to party quieter." If you have to, get a tad on the payback side like you make the noise when they are trying to sleep it off. But I would try civil first. I had some Russians short time vacation rental next door a few months ago, and loud TV etc. Knocked on their door. They didn't answer, but sound went down like that. They knew what it was about. Maybe I was lucky.

PM me and I will give you the name and telephone number of a reliable agent who will find you a perfect house

For the other TV members ........I don't need your sarcasm thanks

other side of sukhumvit is nice quiet safe with private pool car garage 2 bed 2 bathroom for 25k pm

pm me

sad.png

There are lots of nice homes for rent. But be prepared to pay 15,000 a month and UP. Of course the neighbors could be loud there also.