Modern Times in Pattaya

swissie

If OP is so worried about finding slim girls for his sexual pleasure then he should move to Cambodia , all the girls are slim there and no McDonalds. If we relocate all the sex tourists to Cambodia maybe Pattaya will be a normal friendly city again.

What do you mean, "again" ? tongue.png

When was it ever a normal friendly city? It may have been a normal friendly village once upon a time. Think 'Bang Saray without the restaurants'.

Then normality went out the window and was floated out to sea.

(Then it became the completely bonkers friendly city we all know and love. thumbsup.gif )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 2

Can't look at the local scene in Switzerland. I live in Thailand and visit Pattaya only for a few days at the time. But I am sure we all agree, if you hear the same "where do you come from" for the 15th time the same day, it starts to irritate.

Looking for remedies, I came up with the following: Wearing a T-shirt saying (in Thai) "I am from Bangladesh, can you loan me 500'000 Bht, I will pay back next year at 3 o'clock". Of course, as the situation may present itself, I could always pack a second T-shirt (to be exchanged in the mens room), saying "I am from Saudi-Arabia and horny as h*ll, gang up on me!"

Could this possibly spare me the "Where you come from" opener?

It's just introductory small talk. Just answer you're from some silly place like Finland, Foodland or Disneyland.

Then get into the real conversation.

So the same ultra sophisticated topics that Farangs debate to no end on Thaivisa: The construction work on beach road. Russians. Pizza. Yingluck. Soi Dogs. Farangs on motorbikes killing themselves. Ladyboys. Where to buy Boric Acid and live chickens. The list is endless, who cares about the conversation opener.

Honestly, half the stuff people ask on this forum they'd already know if they just had real conversations around town.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

Can't look at the local scene in Switzerland. I live in Thailand and visit Pattaya only for a few days at the time. But I am sure we all agree, if you hear the same "where do you come from" for the 15th time the same day, it starts to irritate.

Looking for remedies, I came up with the following: Wearing a T-shirt saying (in Thai) "I am from Bangladesh, can you loan me 500'000 Bht, I will pay back next year at 3 o'clock". Of course, as the situation may present itself, I could always pack a second T-shirt (to be exchanged in the mens room), saying "I am from Saudi-Arabia and horny as h*ll, gang up on me!"

Could this possibly spare me the "Where you come from" opener?

It's just introductory small talk. Just answer you're from some silly place like Finland, Foodland or Disneyland.

Then get into the real conversation.

So the same ultra sophisticated topics that Farangs debate to no end on Thaivisa: The construction work on beach road. Russians. Pizza. Yingluck. Soi Dogs. Farangs on motorbikes killing themselves. Ladyboys. Where to buy Boric Acid and live chickens. The list is endless, who cares about the conversation opener.

Honestly, half the stuff people ask on this forum they'd already know if they just had real conversations around town.

I get your drift. It's part of a game and the topics are repetitions of repetitions (for a good part).

There was a time when I used to answer the "Where you come from" with "I am from Laos" or "I come from the moon". But since Thais are not into sarcasm or black humor, all I got was a blank stare (=Farang crazy).

One exception: After having said "I am from the moon", one (1) lady came back with: "So you are an alien". = Big laughter on both sides, followed by a good time. But that was 1 out of a hundred.

Cheers.