Etans-images of them in Thailand

Ron19

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Shaggy, I would start an argument with you if the word Etan was properly spelled and defined. Instead I'm collecting material to define the name because the true definition of the word remains vague.

I'll share and start with the word car and take it from there.

From reading Thaivisa I conclude the car in question either is regarded as:

1 -A colourful basic farm truck.

2 -A barely drivable, miserable, noisy piece of junk which any sensible man wouldn't bring on a first date with the farmers daughter.

Wikepedia states a clear definition on Thai farm trucks..... But..sadly, in this "article" there are excactly 0 references/proofs to substantiate the given definition.

Have a look:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farm_truck#Farm_trucks_of_Thailand.

Mostly from posters on Thaivisa, I gathered Thais and farangs alike refer to that car as: I-tean/Etan/Rot Etan(by farmers รถอีแต๋น) and simply Farm-truck(by farang).

- Has the car an official name or has it been given a nick-name by the Thai people?

- Is the word Etan a designator or a general classification? An objective description has been posted here by member BillH52: thumbsup.gif

Another accurate description by active member and Etan anthousiast: afarang here...

Overall, I think the car(Etan) deserves more recognition. It's 10 times cheaper then any brand new pick-up. No insurance or taxes required. With very low maintenance the monster will last for decades.

This one has been designed with a balanced wheel roughness. Meaning it can negotiate rough farmlands as well as the route 21 freeway.^

14509580196_2a4f5c5ca3_b.jpg

Dear DAL

Why on earth would you want to start an argument with me over a difference of opinions?

I only said that the vehicle in post #737 in my opinion wasn't what I would class an Etan ......chill mate smile.png

Thanks for your concerns. Appreciated, mate. An argument like this would be pointless indeed.

Read my first line again, mate. I said I would hypothetically... Not that I will.

....Instead I summarised my knowledge of Etans here in order to share and possibly get more information from readers.

Perhaps someone knows something that we don't...Let's see.

^^^ If ever there was a Thomas the Tank Engine of Etans, this is the one.

Somchai the ETAN on a summer holiday.

That is the most well groomed ETAN I have seen.

You've got a way with words rhythmworx.....funny (Haha not peculiar)

"That ETAN looks so happy grazing on the land" also made me smile.

I would agree with you about that Etan being a good one,but if you look back through

this topic there are also one that are an equal ...if not better.

Here is the same vehicle at a different location,in an none grazing frontal kinda pose smile.png

P1090552-001.JPG

Maybe any of you guy's that can read Thai could tell me what is written on the roof plate.

Am guessing it's not Somchai the Etan ....but I could be wrong blink.png

Maybe any of you guy's that can read Thai could tell me what is written on the roof plate.

Am guessing it's not Somchai the Etan ....but I could be wrong blink.png

It says "Awesome pimpmobile"intheclub.gif , Shaggy....coffee1.gif

Dont get me wrong. That one is one of the nicest I have seen so far. Really amazing.

Am guessing In your area people love to show-off.. rolleyes.gif

[edit] Thanks for the TukTuk addition to my summary. Forgot about that one.

Edited by Dancealot

Thanks for the translation DAL thumbsup.gif

There are only a couple in our area that I would call special,the majority of them are battered old work horses.

I don't think that I have ever copied an image from the internet unless it was linked with some kind of information.

But with the photo below I hope that you will all turn a blind I to it not being my own image....Why? See for yourselves !!!

10452321_550835738360538_803548410759115

Am not saying it is an Etan,but it sure is a mega pimped farm vehicle !!!

^^^ Shaggy...this is a "High water, agricultural equipment transport vehicle or HATV for short"

Mainly used during the monsoon season. And I also know a bloke who has a bridge over the

Thames for sale...interested?

@Shaggy, I would start an argument with you if the word Etan was properly spelled and defined. Instead I'm collecting material to define the name because the true definition of the word remains vague.

I'll share and start with the word car and take it from there.

From reading Thaivisa I conclude the car in question either is regarded as:

1 -A colourful basic farm truck.

2 -A barely drivable, miserable, noisy piece of junk which any sensible man wouldn't bring on a first date with the farmers daughter.

Wikepedia states a clear definition on Thai farm trucks..... But..sadly, in this "article" there are excactly 0 references/proofs to substantiate the given definition.

Have a look:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farm_truck#Farm_trucks_of_Thailand.

Mostly from posters on Thaivisa, I gathered Thais and farangs alike refer to that car as: I-tean/Etan/Rot Etan(by farmers รถอีแต๋น) and simply Farm-truck(by farang).

Another name for you,in my area they are called " Rot Thailand ".

Edited by Ron19

^^^ Shaggy...this is a "High water, agricultural equipment transport vehicle or HATV for short"

Mainly used during the monsoon season. And I also know a bloke who has a bridge over the

Hope it's not the same bloke that sold me that tower in Paris !!! crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gifP1090726.JPG

Thanks for the translation DAL thumbsup.gif

There are only a couple in our area that I would call special,the majority of them are battered old work horses.

I don't think that I have ever copied an image from the internet unless it was linked with some kind of information.

But with the photo below I hope that you will all turn a blind I to it not being my own image....Why? See for yourselves !!!

10452321_550835738360538_803548410759115

Am not saying it is an Etan,but it sure is a mega pimped farm vehicle !!!

Maybe it is the thai version of this row cropping tractor.

post-140056-0-75080200-1404168315_thumb.

Hope it's not the same bloke that sold me that tower in Paris !!! crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gifP1090726.JPG

Plum flat outta likes Shaggy. BTW the bridge seller's surname is Blair...ring any bells

on your tower purchase?