9 foreigners suspected in fund scam - Standard Morgan (Thailand)

webfact

That is funny. Some farangs in Thailand are so stupid that would believe that a scamster operation going by the name of Standard Morgan might be a cross between Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan and Standard Chartered Bank. This kind of crap works every time, e.g. Barclay Spenser. It's called passing off. Fleecing expats in Thailand seems to be like taking candy from a kiddiewink. Then there is no comeback because the scamsters aren't licenced anywhere, despite their claims to the contrary, the Thai SEC doesn't give a monkeys and the expats aren't covered by their home regulatory authorities because they are resident overseas, even though the funds they are fraudulently stuffed into or the administrators may be domiciled in the UK.

that's right. I also find it amusing these scamsters use names that rely on the general public remembering at least a small part of the name of the original organisation. giggle.gif But I still don't understand in this day and age of so many scams from Nigeria that they wouldn't do just a tiny bit of due diligence before handing over their hard earned moneysad.png

That is funny. Some farangs in Thailand are so stupid that would believe that a scamster operation going by the name of Standard Morgan might be a cross between Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan and Standard Chartered Bank. This kind of crap works every time, e.g. Barclay Spenser. It's called passing off. Fleecing expats in Thailand seems to be like taking candy from a kiddiewink. Then there is no comeback because the scamsters aren't licenced anywhere, despite their claims to the contrary, the Thai SEC doesn't give a monkeys and the expats aren't covered by their home regulatory authorities because they are resident overseas, even though the funds they are fraudulently stuffed into or the administrators may be domiciled in the UK.

that's right. I also find it amusing these scamsters use names that rely on the general public remembering at least a small part of the name of the original organisation. giggle.gif But I still don't understand in this day and age of so many scams from Nigeria that they wouldn't do just a tiny bit of due diligence before handing over their hard earned moneysad.png

These types of scams are often best carried out on people who have made money not earth it the hard way.....

• 3 months later...

Is too sad that I from thousand people who cheated by Standard Morgan in Indonesia as well..but we as members cant do much becos Indonesia and singapore don have extradition deal..so hereby, I wan to help DSI to catch them with 1 of their home address and passport no

1. EUGENE YEW JIN WEI

HP no : +6591248166

Home address : BLK 658 #08-108 Woodlands Ring Road Postal code 730658

Passport no E1247782N

Hope this data can be helpfull to arrest them....all members in Indonesia have their photos and this data, but we cant catch them...

• 7 years later...