Thai Marine police arrest Russian for stealing sailboat worth millions of baht

webfact

Sailboat Stolen!

213.jpg

Marine police Pranburi arrests 20-year-old Russian for stealing a few million baht worth sailboat.

PRANBURI – September 5, 2013 [PDN]; Pol.Col. Rathasak Imritha , marine police superintendent Pranburi province received a report by Mr. Olec Okorodof, Uzbekistani citizen, of a stolen white 2 wave luxury sailboat name ‘Misa’ from the marina Beach Road Pattaya , Sattahip, Chonburi , since September 1st.

A fishing boat that goes around that area reported that they saw a similar looking sailboat in the middle of the ocean in Cha-am Beach, Petchuri about 12 miles away from the shore. After tracking down the sailboat they also found a young Russian citizen 20 years old, he has now been detained for stealing property.

The suspect confessed that he did steal the yacht for travelling to Indonesia and Philippines. As for stealing the sailboat he has spent monitoring the sailboat for two days once he found the opportunity he swam towards the sailboat which was about 5 meters from the shore. When he reached he found the keys, started the engine and took-off. The gasoline was over and therefore he was in the middle of the ocean while he was caught.

Source: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/09/06/sailboat-stolen/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2013-09-06

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all and one more time I can see Russian bashing ...... This guy is UZBEKISTAN citizen , so why they put Russian ???????????????/ ridiculous !! How come he could take a boat out of the marina ? there are guards at the entrance asking question ( I know I have a boat there) , then you need a key to start , you need knowledge in sailing .... sounds very strange to me !

• Like 1

First of all and one more time I can see Russian bashing ...... This guy is UZBEKISTAN citizen , so why they put Russian ???????????????/ ridiculous !! How come he could take a boat out of the marina ? there are guards at the entrance asking question ( I know I have a boat there) , then you need a key to start , you need knowledge in sailing .... sounds very strange to me !

You seem to be a bit touchy on the Russian bashing front. Are you Russian? I did not mention anything about Russians in my post.

Is idiot bashing ok? we'll be bashing all day on every thread...cheesy.gif

• Like 2

You seem to be a bit touchy on the Russian bashing front. Are you Russian? I did not mention anything about Russians in my post.

Absolutely not , I was referring to the article ... mentioning the guy was Russian when the same article says he is Uzbek ... I just dont like farang bashing on other farang ..as we are all in the same boat .. regardless of nationalities.

• Like 1

Bashing on idiots would take too long ...... and would be a total waste of time , specially virtually.

Wrong, It says a Uzbeki reported HIS boat stolen. Turns out it was a pesky Russian who stole it.

ok so I didnt read properly ... but that doesnt change anything in the favorite game here : bashing on russians

Bashing on idiots would take too long ...... and would be a total waste of time , specially virtually.

' After tracking down the sailboat they also found a young Russian citizen 20 years old,' Read again he is Russian.

wel the key was inside the boat , he had no knowledge about sailing cos when the gasoline ran out he could not go anywhere

• Like 2

wel the key was inside the boat , he had no knowledge about sailing cos when the gasoline ran out he could not go anywhere

The arrest probably saved his life then if he knew nothing about sailing. He was going to use it to sail to Indonesia <deleted>.

Man who can't sail arrested after stealing boat and trying to sail to Indonesia
By Coconuts Bangkok

catamaran_at_portavogie_harbour_-_geogra

PRANBURI: -- A Russian man was arrested Thursday after allegedly stealing a catamaran from Chon Buri's Sattahip district on Sunday.

The man apparently did not know how to sail, as the stolen boat was found adrift off the coast of Phetchaburi, with the suspect on board, after running out of fuel, police said.

Astrakhantcev Aetpaxahueb, 20, initially refused to surrender to maritime police from Prachuap Khiri Khan's Pran Buri district.

He eventually relented however and and allegedly confessed to stealing the catamaran from Bang Sare beach in Chon Buri.

It took officers a full hour to talk the suspect, who was hiding below deck, into surrendering, police said. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/09/06/man-who-cant-sail-arrested-after-stealing-boat-and-trying-sail-indonesia

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-09-06

When he reached he found the keys, started the engine and took-off.

There have been some unwarranted and nasty comments directed at Russians on this thread. Here is the rule:

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

This guy does not hold a monopoly on misbehavior. I know a lot of 20 year olds from a lot of countries that could make this guy look like an amateur.

Please keep your comments civil and follow the rules.

• Like 2

Ahaaaa; a "sail-boat: huh ? ?

Well; that blue catamaran in the picture is everything BUT a sail-boat; the fact that there's no mast on it, should have been a reasonable hint - besides that; the design is most definitely NOT of a sailing vessel.

In fact; this ugly contraption looks more like a small-channel ferry-boat, or possibly close-to-shore fishing charters, to my fairly-well trained eye !

If this Russian chap was planning to take "this" to Indonesia, he would have surely perished before getting halfway there or anywhere.

I know that 'beauty' is in the eye of the beholder; but this floating-disaster would look much more attractive on the bottom of the ocean ! ! !

Man who can't sail arrested after stealing boat and trying to sail to Indonesia
By Coconuts Bangkok

catamaran_at_portavogie_harbour_-_geogra

PRANBURI: -- A Russian man was arrested Thursday after allegedly stealing a catamaran from Chon Buri's Sattahip district on Sunday.

The man apparently did not know how to sail, as the stolen boat was found adrift off the coast of Phetchaburi, with the suspect on board, after running out of fuel, police said.

Astrakhantcev Aetpaxahueb, 20, initially refused to surrender to maritime police from Prachuap Khiri Khan's Pran Buri district.

He eventually relented however and and allegedly confessed to stealing the catamaran from Bang Sare beach in Chon Buri.

It took officers a full hour to talk the suspect, who was hiding below deck, into surrendering, police said. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/09/06/man-who-cant-sail-arrested-after-stealing-boat-and-trying-sail-indonesia

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-09-06

• Like 1

Absolutely not , I was referring to the article ... mentioning the guy was Russian when the same article says he is Uzbek ... I just dont like farang bashing on other farang .as we are all in the same boat .. regardless of nationalities.

laugh.png

Once again I would like to remind all and sundry that Russians are NOT FARANGS. You can ask any Thai. To them Russians are....well....Russians. So you can get in the same boat with them if you want, I will not be joining you (although I've been in the same bed with a few Russian women....but that's a different matter entirely as the bed was not stolen...)

• Like 1

Absolutely not , I was referring to the article ... mentioning the guy was Russian when the same article says he is Uzbek ... I just dont like farang bashing on other farang ..as we are all in the same boat .. regardless of nationalities.

Nice thought, but some are apparently in other boats. Sorry, couldn't resist.

We are not all in the same boat-------- it isn't all that big !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You did not read it !!!!!! HE SWAM TO THE BOAT AND FOUND THE KEYS IN IT----- DUH !!!

There have been some unwarranted and nasty comments directed at Russians on this thread. Here is the rule:

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

This guy does not hold a monopoly on misbehavior. I know a lot of 20 year olds from a lot of countries that could make this guy look like an amateur.

Please keep your comments civil and follow the rules.

I should think there are a lot of ten year olds who would make this idiot look like an amateur!