Is True vision worse now

phuketrichard

I have the True Gold package but there're only 6 channels (out of 200 or so) I ever watch & my wife watches the free Thai channels. I've got no interest in any of the sports channels since I prefer films & factual, documentary programmes and True just don't give the option of a sport-free package. Don't think I'll stay with True for much longer.

Since the set-top box uses a programable card, why is it so difficult to be able to choose exactly the programmes you want? And why are they changing the channel numbers yet again, just when I've got used to the old ones?

• Like 1

I always found them ridiculously expensive (the higher tier packages) for what you got. I scaled back to just the Knowledge package about 3 years ago, only 3 or 4 english channels but I think we only pay 1100baht for 6 months. Nowadays you can basically watch anything you want whenever you want on the internet, so that's the way I go.

Gone next month, waste of money - only a few channels that are worth having, the rest is dross. The movie channel, just seem to get worse as well.

I would think that the EPL football was one of the only reasons a significant amount of people bothered with them.

• Like 1

I have to say that I am pretty happy with TrueVisions. Having ASN transition to HD today is perfect timing for tomorrow morning's football game. ;) And having 29 HD channels is a plus. Definitely getting better for me, but then I only pay 800 baht/month all in for a 4-box share of Platinum HD.

• Like 2

I am happy with TrueVisions. Their new Super Knowledge package gives me Discovery Science, TLC, Discover Health, BeTV etc... for 590 Baht inclusive of the rental fee, can't beat that!

And now with ASN HD on top of Fox Family HD + KBS World for my wife, love it!

Yeah, EPL is gone but as I really do not care for English football, I couldn't care less.... Now let's wait for CTH to get bankrupt, and EPL will be back on TrueVisions! cheesy.gif cheesy.gif clap2.gif

• Like 1

I sure wish they would put the English speaking channels (SD and HD) in "one number range"....like from 80 to 120 or something like that... instead of being spread throughout all the channels, especially since you can't realign channels numbers and their implementation of the "Favorites" channels selection method leaves a lot to be desired.

I have to say that I am pretty happy with TrueVisions. Having ASN transition to HD today is perfect timing for tomorrow morning's football game. wink.png And having 29 HD channels is a plus. Definitely getting better for me, but then I only pay 800 baht/month all in for a 4-box share of Platinum HD.

At that price I have to say I would be happy to! My mate living in Chiang mai last winter was paying 2200 baht/month for the same package and IMHO it just wasn't worth it, but then I'm one of those guys that figures out the yearly cost and then thinks of all the other things I could do with that money.laugh.png.pagespeed.ce.SDkxrRteka.png To each his own.

Pity that the sound on CNN has gone bad since the change to HD. Lovely picture of everyone's bad skin but many breaks in the sound make it unwatchable. Maipenrai.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This has been happening for a while now on the radio channel 230 (BBC World Service). Now that it's started on the new CNN HD channel is doubly frustrating! I've emailed True and hopefully they can do something. The picture is great, but without proper audio it's ridiculous.

Apart from this, I'm reasonably happy with True. I miss the Premier League, but ASN HD is a bonus and the baseball post-season starts soon. I wouldn't expect a Sky standard service like you can get in the UK, but generally for English programming for what is predominantly a Thai market, I think we're quite well off. It's (rightly) significantly cheaper than Sky too, even for Platinum.

I'm getting both Thai and English audio on ASN now. Only during the game, not during the commercials.

I switched to TS HD, Ch. 115, but it seems like ASN HD (Ch.157) is OK now.

Audio on CNN HD (Ch. 164) seems fine?

Edited by lomatopo

I'm cancelling my true visions contract tomorrow, looking for other options right now.
EPL is gone, TLC channel after the upgrade is gone.
Ridiculous to see tennis in HD
More than often the audio in english changes to thai...

Not interesting for the money... BYE BYE

TLC channel after the upgrade is gone.

TLC remains on my service, now on Ch. 23.

We have the new CTH cable service in a family home in Prawet - it seems pretty good, but the last few days both the audio and video have been dropping out for extended periods across many/most channels.

The audio problems with TrueVisions: Thai over English, and the drop-outs seem resolved on my system.

We are still having a lot of problems with the new CTH cable box/system, and most neighbors seem to have the same issues. Audio drops out for a few seconds, or have decent audio but a black screen (no video), or channels are severely pixelated. Not all channels are affected, and CTH are aware of the problems.

I'm cancelling my true visions contract tomorrow, looking for other options right now.

EPL is gone, TLC channel after the upgrade is gone.

Ridiculous to see tennis in HD

More than often the audio in english changes to thai...

Not interesting for the money... BYE BYE

Tennis without HD is ridiculous! As is golf and football and just about any sport.

• Like 1

^ Agreed. Once you have HD it's really hard to suffer through anything less. These folks who rave about watching some stuttering, postage-stamp sized stream in ?D are pretty amusing.

For those of us from the U.S. we've got skads of NFL, college football, baseball in HD. Heaven. Lot's of good footy, from other countries. F1, Rally, Moto GP in HD is a joy.

Until ~ January 13, 2014 I can do without tennis in HD. ;)

I'm looking to downgrade from GOld package.

I contacted True support and got a lovely but unhelpful reply.

Basically, I really dont need all the channels.... I only watch sport and now that Premier League is on CTH I have got that installed.

So I looked at the True Super Sports package...... but what a joke! It doesnt included True Sport 1!..... NOR Setanta.... Nor ASN....... so cant be guaranteed that the sports match/game I want to watch will be on! Champions League - nope. GAA - nope..... NFL - nope. NBA - nope. <deleted>? Super Sports package my ar*e

The only way to be guaranteed is to keep paying 1700 baht per month for GOld. Actually NO! With the new channel list the only way I can get all the sport is to UPGRADE to PLatinum. Are they kidding me?

Bye BYe True....

Their reply below.... well, some of their reply.

We regret to inform you that the program for American football (on ASN HD channel) is available only in Platinum package, and program for basketball (on NBA TV channel) is available only in Gold and Platinum package. Therefore, we are afraid that you will not receive those programs if you downgrade your package. Moreover, as sometimes there are many matches at a time, UEFA Champions League matches are broadcasted on different channels some of which are not available in packages lower than Gold.

I'm on Gold and i was looking for Fox Sports Plus HD but it seems under the new shake up only Platinium gets that. Does that mean no Moto GP/F1 in HD? If it does then goodbye TV.

Why not just upgrade to Platinum then you get all the HD channels.

No thanks i've just got CTH for half the price. Goodbye Truevisions.